sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 1:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

confirmed Del Bhey has peanuts to stregthen our fight against relegation.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 1:58 pm

“At the last Board meeting, we discussed it and the Board have given me a budget to go ahead and get players in for the remainder of the season.”

Asked if was happy with that situation, Derek said: “100%”

“As a manager, it’s difficult, but I’m given what I’m given and I take it. That’s the way it is as a football club.”

but still 100% happy Derek....

Would I like to go out and spend seven or eight grand on a player? Yes, I would, but I can’t do that.”

He means wages I hope.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Adams was only ever going to be able to boost his shit squad with more shit.
What happen to the Liverpool money Jimmy? as it gone on Akkeron nonsense?
Going down with the Brentmare.
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Employee publicly agrees with his employer's handed down budget 100% shock !

Cracking news, the Ocean message pipes must be purring tonight.

Adams out  Brent out
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Anyone surprised?
Austerity Akkeron Argo again, enjoy.
deadhorse
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 2:44 pm

PatDunne wrote:
“At the last Board meeting, we discussed it and the Board have given me a budget to go ahead and get players in for the remainder of the season.”

Asked if was happy with that situation, Derek said: “100%”

“As a manager, it’s difficult, but I’m given what I’m given and I take it. That’s the way it is as a football club.”

but still 100% happy Derek....

Would I like to go out and spend seven or eight grand on a player? Yes, I would, but I can’t do that.”

He means wages I hope.

Christ on a bike. If we can't afford 7 or 8k for a player, then we're in BIG trouble.

Last edited by P.O.I on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Only on the pitch POI. Sound as a pound on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 2:57 pm

It's hardly a shock that Adams doesn't slag Brent off is it? He doesn't have the leeway that we do, he's put the message out there that the funds aren't unlimited, no shock there.
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 3:08 pm

I disagree, One of the main jobs of a manager is to get more money from an owner's catering budget for the football. Warnock certainly used to give it a bit more public welly and has done him no harm. He stood his ground over Corazin.
The problem with Adams is he came here with a bit of a reputation for speaking his mind up at Ross County, even if it upset the owners. Down here, he's been quiet as a lamb.
It's not a sackable offence to imply your boss is a tight arse when you have a weighty 3 contracted years more to run, unlike your players. There's a bit of the victim thing in Del boy somewhere. Probably why he puts eleven behind the ball, hoping for his 30 seconds in the sun, yet he still gets the sack, and his father has to inform him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 3:18 pm

He said he hasn't got 7 or 8 grand for a player, I'm guessing that is a weekly figure and about what Carey is on Alledgedly (or is it a month?). That is the calibre of player we need and Adams has said he can't afford it, read between the lines it not that hard is it?
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 3:28 pm

You're reading between the lines and getting the wrong message. He's just doing a corporate piece for the media.
I'm quite capable of understanding how we humans communicate and the supposed nuance that might or might not be there, thanks. Just don't give me the boring Donald Rumsvelt routine.
Here's one for you earwig.... I believe it's the listener that should dominate the discourse if anyone has to, not the speaker. Chew on that one for a bit. cat
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 3:53 pm

ill be shocked if he hasnt got to move players out first to bring in anyone as a result of his budget. The Exact samething he and Shezza have done for the last 4 years. While 1 in 1 out seems to be the brent way this season we need more incomings than outgoings.

Last edited by Angry on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 5:27 pm

beesrus wrote:
I disagree, One of the main jobs of a manager is to get more money from an owner's catering budget for the football. Warnock certainly used to give it a bit more public welly and has done him no harm. He stood his ground over Corazin.
The problem with Adams is he came here with a bit of a reputation for speaking his mind up at Ross County, even if it upset the owners. Down here, he's been quiet as a lamb.
It's not a sackable offence to imply your boss is a tight arse when you have a weighty 3 contracted years more to run, unlike your players. There's a bit of the victim thing in Del boy somewhere. Probably why he puts eleven behind the ball, hoping for his 30 seconds in the sun, yet he still gets the sack, and his father has to inform him.

Must have a really bad memory about Warnock and his relationship with Dan,because i was under the impression that the downturn was accelerated [after the shirts fiasco] by Dan refusing to pay £400k for Hayles,Kiely and Kinsella with Warnock subsequently being very critical of the decision in the press.Certainly didn't do his Argyle career longevity much good,which was indeed the case with Shiltons public pronouncements and Waiters after a rather scathing attack on the board for their refusal to allow Alan Hinton to join the coaching staff.Some would also say that old Del boy has had a bit more than 30 seconds in the sun in a managerial sense already,having achieved rather a lot with Ross County and Argyle in a relatively short career [indeed more than many managers achieve in a decade] but we all have our different standards and perspectivesi suppose.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 5:39 pm

beesrus wrote:
You're reading between the lines and getting the wrong message. He's just doing a corporate piece for the media.
I'm quite capable of understanding how we humans communicate and the supposed nuance that might or might not be there, thanks. Just don't give me the boring Donald Rumsvelt routine.
Here's one for you earwig.... I believe it's the listener that should dominate the discourse if anyone has to, not the speaker. Chew on that one for a bit. cat

Yada yada, go fish somewhere else.
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 5:49 pm

30 seconds in the sun is my description of his attacking prowess on the pitch.
As to Warnock, you have a poor memory you old twat. The Corazin spat was very public in the press and was the very first sign that old buddies Warnock and McCauley who seemed a good double act, were going to fall out. Warnock's subsequent dissmisal did him no harm at all, as he was quite obviously a fan of invest and succeed, just like Holloway. And guess what, they went elsewhere and both succeeded hugely in their careers.
Adams is going nowhere, and has been easily imprisoned by his own ego of wanting to outperform his own budget. Brent's clocked this bit in Adams and is playing it for all it's worth, even mentioning it in the press.
The reason I liked Adams when he came here is exactly because he got some country hicks up into their top division. What I didn't realise is how awful his brand of football is, and his naivety with employers. And how come, after working miracles up there, he was unceremoniously sacked and more to the point couldn't get a job for a year and more. Something within all that history smacks of victim hood, as I mentioned earlier. He needs to grow some confidence, tell Brent to put up or shut up before his managerial stock plummets out of sight after a couple of failed seasons that will be viewed as his glass ceiling in English football. There comes a time when lower league managers need to lead their employers, or else they will never get to the top of their managerial tree. Brent's leading him by the nose. Easy meat.
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 5:50 pm

In adam’s first season he made an error of mentioning what his budget was and set the wires burning, so imo whatever he mentions about his budget now will be total bollox as he won’t want any agent or player to know what loose change he may or may not have in his pocket, take his comments with a pinch of salt
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 6:04 pm

beesrus wrote:
30 seconds in the sun is my description of his attacking prowess on the pitch.
As to Warnock, you have a poor memory you old twat. The Corazin spat was very public in the press and was the very first sign that old buddies Warnock and McCauley who seemed a good double act, were going to fall out. Warnock's subsequent dissmisal did him no harm at all, as he was quite obviously a fan of invest and succeed, just like Holloway. And guess what, they went elsewhere and both succeeded hugely in their careers.
Adams is going nowhere, and has been easily imprisoned by his own ego of wanting to outperform his own budget. Brent's clocked this bit in Adams and is playing it for all it's worth, even mentioning it in the press.
The reason I liked Adams when he came here is exactly because he got some country hicks up into their top division. What I didn't realise is how awful his brand of football is, and his naivety with employers. And how come, after working miracles up there, he was unceremoniously sacked and more to the point couldn't get a job for a year and more. Something within all that history smacks of victim hood, as I mentioned earlier. He needs to grow some confidence, tell Brent to put up or shut up before his managerial stock plummets out of sight after a couple of failed seasons that will be viewed as his glass ceiling in English football. There comes a time when lower league managers need to lead their employers, or else they will never get to the top of their managerial tree. Brent's leading him by the nose. Easy meat.

There was no problem with Corazzin,it was the signing of Illman which presented a bit of an issue but nothing more than a brief delay in the deal. If you don't believe me,just get out your copy of Warnocks Wembley Way and look at pages 118-119. If you also want confirmation that Warnock tried to sign the three aforementioned players and was refused by McCauley,then look at page 200 of Warnocks autobiography.They do say the faintest ink is more reliable than the strongest memory.

Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 6:11 pm

It wasn't an error, but you're right Graiser, he's been told off, and does he stand up for himself or does he back down and do exactly as he's told ?
I would have thought after two successful seasons with Brent's quite clear under funding, his stock was high and that was the perfect time to force the owner to up his game. He didn't do it. Bad, bad mistake. Naive.
As to the "don't let 'em know what our budget is" ruse, ....peerrrllleeease. Everyone in the professional football village knows who owns what, roughly what wages are being paid and whether that club is wanting to go places. That premise even applies to semi pro football.
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Greenskin wrote:

There was no problem with Corazzin,

There was a definite public spat over Corrazin, and that then manifested in the later acquisitions. Macauley admitted that he felt Warnock was taking over. He didn't like that, being the ego merchant he was.
Warnock faced him off, thought he'd sorted it, but got the sack by phone, and went on to far greater things, while Macauley disappeared off a cliff with the name I still can't mention in decent circles.
If Adams thinks he's improving his future career prospects by tucking under a property man's wings, he's got a rude awakening coming..... again.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 6:36 pm

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

There was no problem with Corazzin,

There was a definite public spat over Corrazin, and that then manifested in the later acquisitions. Macauley admitted that he felt Warnock was taking over. He didn't like that, being the ego merchant he was.
Warnock faced him off, thought he'd sorted it, but got the sack by phone, and went on to far greater things, while Macauley disappeared off a cliff with the name I still can't mention in decent circles.
If Adams thinks he's improving his future career prospects by tucking under a property man's wings, he's got a rude awakening coming..... again.

Not at all sure that's true, especially in view of what you said in a previous post about how the pro football grapevine operates and how everyone knows the others business. If Adams was to keep Argyle in this division and even attain a reasonable position, then surely that would increase his stock given the difficult financial circumstances under which he was operating and which you state would effectively be common knowledge within the game?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 6:37 pm

beesrus wrote:
It wasn't an error, but you're right Graiser, he's been told off, and does he stand up for himself or does he back down and do exactly as he's told ?
I would have thought after two successful seasons with Brent's quite clear under funding, his stock was high and that was the perfect time to force the owner to up his game. He didn't do it. Bad, bad mistake. Naive.
As to the "don't let 'em know what our budget is" ruse, ....peerrrllleeease.  Everyone in the professional football village knows who owns what, roughly what wages are being paid and whether that club is wanting to go places. That premise even applies to semi pro football.

Told off indeed, and the timing of this announcement? - , to quell any 'why invest in property not players' unease.....
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 6:44 pm

It was an error, particularly in regard to publicising the length of contracts with the 12 month options, which if I recall sent ATDers into meltdown.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Graiser wrote:
In adam’s first season he made an error of mentioning what his budget was and set the wires burning, so imo whatever he mentions about his budget now will be total bollox as he won’t want any agent or player to know what loose change he may or may not have in his pocket, take his comments with a pinch of salt

Don't worry, old bees dislike of anything Adams says or does, or doesn't say or doesn't do, taints his posts somewhat. It wouldn't matter if we avoided relegation, made the play offs or won the league, it wouldn't be good enough for the dear old chap.

In fact anything that happens at HP these days isn't good enough, even the terrific performance by the kids this week in beating Man City, old bees had to have a snipe about that.

Still, his choice and his opinions I suppose, part of the rich tapestry that is ATD dontchaknow.

As for Adams, we all know he's under austerity rules, he did well the first 2 years, not quite with it this year, but working with a L2 budget in L1 makes it difficult. He is defensively minded, that much is clear, but I wonder how much of that is down to what he has to work with. Teams that are not quite good enough have to scrap and battle, scrape out a 0-0 draw, or a 1-0 win. That's where we are, and where we will be whilst Brent is in charge.

As for who he brings in, who knows - L1 or L2 standard journeymen players who can do a job for a year and hopefully keep us up, so that we can struggle again next year.

Lots to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Man City wouldn't have spent so much with Brent in charge...

Argyle should be able to easily compete financially in Division Three ffs
Back to top Go down

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Graiser wrote:
It was an error, particularly in regard to publicising the length of contracts with the 12 month options, which if I recall sent ATDers into meltdown.

it did and for good reason as every season we stand to lose key players for free cause the club have no ambition to tie key players down on longer deals.

summertime we stand to lose Bradley, Jervis, Songo'o, Fox, McCormick and Taylor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

January Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales Empty

Back to top Go down

January Sales
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next