HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy International Roadie Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Happy International Roadie Day Empty
PostSubject: Happy International Roadie Day   Happy International Roadie Day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:43 am

That. Is. All.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Happy International Roadie Day   Happy International Roadie Day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Back in the mists of team I used to fly quite often with JAL to Japan to join ships with other crew members. Due to some unfortunate incidents Rolling Eyes in their wisdom they used to make us sit at the back which was great, undisturbed drinking and plenty of room to wander about. One particular trip we piled onboard to find "our" seats taken!! On enquiry it turned out the offending chaps were the road crew for Motorhead. We were very impressed they got the back seats ahead of us. Good party though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy International Roadie Day   Happy International Roadie Day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:58 pm

One of my brothers was a photographer and on snapping Alvin Lee and Ten Years After at a Plymouth gig back in the mists of time, he was asked on the spot to be their official photographer and muck in roadie for that tour, which he did. It was so laissez faire in those days.

For all you oldies, a good friend of mine is still managing/roadying Colin Bluntstone, ... you have to double up roles if the budget doesn't stretch anymore ... a bit like runninmg a football club. affraid What else are you going to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy International Roadie Day   Happy International Roadie Day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:04 pm

When the Jam played up Fiestas, my then boyfriend helped them carry their gear up the stairs. We didn't even get free tickets to the gig.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Happy International Roadie Day   Happy International Roadie Day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:35 pm

How many roadies does it take to change a light bulb?

One
One, two
One
One, two
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy International Roadie Day   Happy International Roadie Day EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
How many roadies does it take to change a light bulb?

One
One, two
One
One, two

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy International Roadie Day   Happy International Roadie Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy International Roadie Day
Page 1 of 1