Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've just given a million quid to charity.

Go down 
+8
harvetheslayer
Dingle
RegGreen
Punchdrunk
Yea Man
sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

I've just given a million quid to charity. Empty
PostSubject: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Can I offer a massive thanks to all the fine members of Argyle Talk Democratic who along with myself have just quietly got on with raising money for charity. Today I've just paid in £1 million pounds but lets not crow about it, massive achievement that it is that would be crass and ignorant to do so.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Shorely some recognition from said chaaarrideeeee would be in order tongue raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Well done on transferring other peoples money from one account to another.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Wonder how long it'll take the latest BGL winner to get his boardroom pass invite? popcorn
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Can I offer a massive thanks to all the fine members of Argyle Talk Democratic who along with myself have just quietly got on with raising money for charity. Today I've just paid in £1 million pounds but lets not crow about it, massive achievement that it is that would be crass and ignorant to do so.
How did you manage it without ripping off Argo fans, and by not flogging crap using a bent auction?
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Well done on getting mugs to stump up cash for the youth team, saves our non-investing chairman having to do it.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Well done on getting mugs to stump up cash for the youth team, saves our non-investing chairman having to do it.

In a tent full of these who would notice anything otherwise. Like taking candy from a baby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 7:16 pm

ATD deserves a mural
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Angry wrote:
ATD deserves a mural

Something like thisI've just given a million quid to charity. Origin11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 7:40 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
ATD deserves a mural

Something like thisI've just given a million quid to charity. Origin11

absolutely with atd mugs and umbrellas
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Does anyone know a North Devon Millionaire i could donate some cash to, because he deserves it and i like to keep on giving?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 11:23 pm

They were a couple nice fellows to that
Ronnie & Reggie kray lovely boys never done anythink bad ..they gave to charity to lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 5:37 am

I think one of the saddest things to come out from the whole administration process was the unashamed masquerading as official charities, led by pasoti and the green "taverners", when they are nothing of the sort, and 90% of "collections" were not going to anything charitable whatsoever. They were paying down the debts and responsibilities of a private company. And now continue to "donate" to the same private company's ongoing overheads as if it were a "good cause". If people want to give away their money to a professional football club, fine, but make it clear it is not a charitable act.

Since the internet economy has got up it's head of steam in the last 15 years, words like "donate" and "contribute" have become the new way of asking a customer to pay a bill. Manna from heaven for the wrong sort to exploit.
"Fair trade", "not for profit" "sustainable" and "organic" ( which by the way DOES allow these days the use of chemicals under certain circumstances) are other well intentioned hard fought-for valuable descriptors that have been devalued by the wrong sort in today's shameless economy. Ethics have gone out the window, must get myself one of those fine auction prints/shirts/shorts/half eaten pasty.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 8:45 am

In collaboration with the wonderful ATD mod pack I am now offering Janner Banners! Just contribute £50 to any of Green Jims Charidee businesses and you can have a badge under your moniker saying "I gave to charidee, but I don't like to talk about it."
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 9:20 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
In collaboration with the wonderful ATD mod pack I am now offering Janner Banners! Just contribute £50 to any of Green Jims Charidee businesses and you can have a badge under your moniker saying "I gave to charidee, but I don't like to talk about it."
cheers cheers cheers cheers And remember Bucket Rattling for Property Developers is not just for Christmas! santa santa santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 9:47 am

Reminds me a Jimmy Saville..

Last edited by Herts Pilgrim on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 am

Buckets will be out again en masse when it's realised
the Hallett loan won't cover the cost of the mankover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 11:42 am

Herts Pilgrim wrote:

A twisted psychopath that raised money for charity to mask a sick double life, even used it to get in with the royal family.

You need to be very careful, comparing Jimmy Savile to Ian Newell. If any of Savile’s family hear that you’re comparing him to Porky, they could sue.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
earweg he Pig dosent like to talk about it....he the Pig likes to shout it from the roof tops instead but talk never :pighug:
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Is the Argyle Academy a registered charity? I see they have a donate button but no registered charity number I'm confused as to whether it is part of Argyle or not?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm

FOOD BANK AUCTION!
Thanks to the massive efforts of all involved we have way to much food for the homeless this Christmas so its been decided to auction what's left to raise even more money for skint Jimmy! So dig deep I'll start off by selling this hill of beans! All proceeds as always go to Jimmys pension pot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Gawd knows what the Argyle academy are/is, but I'll tell you one thing, it WILL be the excuse for the next land grab in the park. Three more pitches they want minimum as if the stadium and the two at Harpers Park aren't enough. Hallett is keen on producing young footballers apparently. He certainly got the bug quick.
Lease off the council first, be a good boy, then fence off, then appropriate, then build. Not necessarily in that strict order. Will make someone a nice country estate in 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Herts Pilgrim wrote:

A twisted psychopath that raised money for charity to mask a sick double life, even used it to get in with the royal family.

You need to be very careful, comparing Jimmy Savile to Ian Newell. If any of Savile’s family hear that you’re comparing him to Porky, they could sue.

We've received an anonymous abuse report about this post and the quote by Homeslice. Considering this man has called another poster a whore and has sent a white feather to a man dying of cancer your complaint about him being compared to Jimmy Saville is ignored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Herts Pilgrim wrote:

We've received an anonymous abuse report about this post and the quote by Homeslice.  Considering this man has called another poster a whore and has sent a white feather to a man dying of cancer your complaint about him being compared to Jimmy Saville is ignored.

That’s just scratching at the surface of the vile behaviour of Plymouth’s biggest internet bully and troll. So, just for Ian Newell, here’s a top tip:

To avoid being though of as a vile, sociopathic, troll, bully and obsessive weirdo, stop behaving like a vile, sociopathic, troll bully and obsessive weirdo.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 5:22 pm

I give it an hour before that little gem appears on a JBSOTI thread started probably by piss stained dossier boy.... popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've just given a million quid to charity.   I've just given a million quid to charity. Empty

Back to top Go down

I've just given a million quid to charity.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next