Earwegoagain
Yea Man
Cornish Rebel
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

Adams going - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 1:48 am

At the end of the day, Adams knows more about Football than Brent.... anybody who thinks otherwise is very silly.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:08 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
How can anybody say "Adams has been given plenty of money for players".

How much is plenty?

How many players?

How do we know?

The one that's really pissing me off and is popular with Monkey Spanker and his ilk over the road is that Adams wasted his budget just on re signing Carey? Wtf are they on about, Carey as arguably our best player should have been offered a new contract and on decent terms to stop him jumping ship, we should then have "wasted" more money on players of similar ilk to score goals, the money would be recouped by climbing attendances.
What we know is that Adams has been given fook all, it's obvious if us old hands realise we aren't signing the right calibre of players how is Adams happy with the budget? If he was given a realistic budget don't you think the board would have hammered Adams for saying he hasn't about 40 times a year?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:10 am

Brent needs to act and act now, January will be far too late, transparency is required to unite the fan base...

So Mr Brent, will the hotel duvets be striped?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:12 am

PatDunne wrote:
Brent needs to act and act now, January will be far too late, transparency is required to unite the fan base...

So Mr Brent, will the hotel duvets be striped?

If the hotels have an Adams type budget the Duvets will be skid marked.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 am

Spending it all on one player is easy if there's sod all there to begin with.

Carey was and remains our best player.

So this time the campaign to deflect attention from Brent is aimed at Carey, is it?

I do hope they set up a spoof twitter account. Carey's Irish so there must be easy pickings there: a bit stupid, potatoes in his pockets, likes a pint of Guinness, from a large family... After the constant stream of shining wit that was aimed at Sheridan it should be a shoo-in.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:17 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

So this time the campaign to deflect attention from Brent is aimed at Carey, is it?

I do hope they set up a spoof twitter account. Carey's Irish so there must be easy pickings there: a bit stupid, potatoes in his pockets, likes a pint of Guinness, from a large family... After the constant stream of shining wit that was aimed at Sheridan it should be a shoo-in.

No it's aimed at Adams for wasting the budget signing Carey.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:18 am

Oh and they think that now Carey is surrounded by Donkeys that he's shit anyway.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:57 am

Angry wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Angry wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
There's not many of them left on JBSOTI now, loads of scorn being passed Brent's way and the jamboys keeping their heads down.

Hardly a peep from the usual protectors of the faith, lickers of the arse, and stout Brentophiles.

De-larf has posted once or twice, but the prick never says's anything than stating the obvious. Too much of a coward to speak out for fear of Brent's right hand and the removal of acolyte privileges.

Newell - not a feking peep! Probably out in the street cleaning stickers form lampposts.

or putting them there himself.

Well, that seems to be the common perception. No doubt to garner sympathy and a chance to dig out the victim card, again.

wouldnt put it past him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

just the usual BS of the brent herald searching twitter for comments to support their lord's wishes including adding their own reporters sack adams posts YET conveniently dont publish any of the brent out comments. Strange that!

Anyways

I saw the comments section and this is what we are up against.

some deluded knob wrote:
59 minutes ago
The Liddler
I think people need to realise that when we were in administration there wasn't exactly a queue of billionaires waiting to bail out Argyle; Brent did this out of a gesture of goodwill but he clearly hasn't the big bucks needed for sustainable positive growth. However, Adams has been given ample money for players and he has blown it on sub-standard players. We have a bigger budget than several clubs in this League so budget is not a valid excuse for the utterly pathetic performances we are witnessing

There are still deluded idiots like this Liddler who simply refuse to believe the truth and make it up as they go a long. One lie being Brent was the only one willing to buy the club he wasnt he was the one nool and plebb wanted so backed him and ran others off. Facts are all there if he bothers to look.

Adams has bought shit with his budget whether it was big or small with the exception of Edwards and on reflection probably shouldn't have shown the door to so many in the summer like Rooney and Brunt but none the less Brent wouldn't have given him a competitive budget in line with other teams in this league where we could go and sign players for more than a piss taking £15000 when all around us can and look at them now and look where we are.

To our deluded friend. YOU F#@KWIT jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 12:38 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Angry wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
There's not many of them left on JBSOTI now, loads of scorn being passed Brent's way and the jamboys keeping their heads down.

Hardly a peep from the usual protectors of the faith, lickers of the arse, and stout Brentophiles.

De-larf has posted once or twice, but the prick never says's anything than stating the obvious. Too much of a coward to speak out for fear of Brent's right hand and the removal of acolyte privileges.

Newell - not a feking peep! Probably out in the street cleaning stickers form lampposts.

or putting them there himself.

Well, that seems to be the common perception. No doubt to garner sympathy and a chance to dig out the victim card, again.

wouldnt put it past him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

just the usual BS of the brent herald searching twitter for comments to support their lord's wishes including adding their own reporters sack adams posts YET conveniently dont publish any of the brent out comments. Strange that!

Anyways

I saw the comments section and this is what we are up against.

some deluded knob wrote:
59 minutes ago
The Liddler
I think people need to realise that when we were in administration there wasn't exactly a queue of billionaires waiting to bail out Argyle; Brent did this out of a gesture of goodwill but he clearly hasn't the big bucks needed for sustainable positive growth. However, Adams has been given ample money for players and he has blown it on sub-standard players. We have a bigger budget than several clubs in this League so budget is not a valid excuse for the utterly pathetic performances we are witnessing

There are still deluded idiots like this Liddler who simply refuse to believe the truth and make it up as they go a long. One lie being Brent was the only one willing to buy the club he wasnt he was the one nool and plebb wanted so backed him and ran others off. Facts are all there if he bothers to look.

Adams has bought shit with his budget whether it was big or small with the exception of Edwards and on reflection probably shouldn't have shown the door to so many in the summer like Rooney and Brunt but none the less Brent wouldn't have given him a competitive budget in line with other teams in this league where we could go and sign players for more than a piss taking £15000 when all around us can and look at them now and look where we are.

To our deluded friend. YOU F#@KWIT jocolor

Found another

deluded idiot 2 wrote:
14 hours ago
Severnjan
I am not sure where the bigger budget comes from. If I am wrong, correct me, but we still have a bit of the old dfebts to pay. The gates atre mid table. The sad fact of the matter is that clubs (Accrington in league 2 with gates of below 2000) can attract players more than us. It is all about geography. Nearest away game a 250 mile round trip on the notorious M5 motorway. Next nearest, Oxford, need I go on. Clubs north and east of Bristol are more attractive with players with young families. How often over the years have players (and managers) left to be nearer their families and end up in the midland/north area of England. No problem with relegation, but to be replaced by Exeter would be unpalatable. Cue Vera Lynn again.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 3:33 pm

See Knobber, and his Modpack are running a poll about whether Adams should stay or go, ok what about one for Jimmy, to stay or my preffered option to sell the club........ go on Knobber, you know you want to. sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 3:54 pm

voted in (Derek not Brent) poll is open to guests currently....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 4:04 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Just voted for Derek to stay.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 4:06 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Just voted for Derek to stay.

Didn't vote they didn't have an option for Derek to stay IF backed by the board, without backing from the board its all irrelevant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 9:00 am

I doubt if Adams will go anytime soon. If another manager comes in and we're still crap then it'll be harder to deflect the blame from St James. Especially as the new man will still be stuck with the same dross signed in the Summer with 3 months left to sort it out.

Sacking him will cos, I would estimate £250,000, he's unlikely to be poached as another club would have to cough up a similar figure in compo.

He'll be here till Xmas at least I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 9:24 am

According to my sources at Skynerd TV Adams has been given 3 games and 1 of those was on Saturday...I'm in the know you know jocolor geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 9:46 am

Just peeked at the official baggo'. Good grief, that website is even worse than ever, and getting as bad as the brent herald for adverts and moving objects.
Anyway, Adams is blaming injuries, suspensions, anything that moves, and apparently he reckons we're about mid table in the statistics league if you don't count goals scored. Dear oh dear  Razz
He clearly  has no thoughts on his players not being good enough or that he's playing the wrong god awful football for this division. All sounding very familiar coming from a team and manager heading for the door.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 9:48 am

Aren't goals scored one of the most important statistics too Laughing

I feel sorry for Adams he's clearly under pressure now which is a shame as I really do think he's a quality manager, just maybe not when working under a chairman who won't spend a penny.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 am

There is no one at the Club to offer Adams any help or advice. There are no Football people in the boardroom - it is all suits. Starnes is a moron and does not count.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 am

Cornish Rebel wrote:
There is no one at the Club to offer Adams any help or advice. There are no Football people in the boardroom - it is all suits. Starnes is a moron and does not count.

Ee's gut that there Paul Wotton, ee bleeds Green ee duz
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 am

Yeah but erm what does ee no? He is hardly John Sheridan is eee
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 7:25 pm

I see it's gone very quiet on the 'Derek Adams must go' thread down on the farm. Very 'fickle' these fans aint they? laugh
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 8:00 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I see it's gone very quiet on the 'Derek Adams must go' thread down on the farm. Very 'fickle' these fans aint they? laugh

You're getting a tad confused aka...when we lose it's Adams fault...when we win it's Brents fault.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 8:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Out of interest and because I wasn't at Blackburn - Any ATD'ers who went to Ewood comment on Bradley Dack (Blackburn) who plays a similar role to GC? Dack cost them an initial £750K.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 8:29 pm

I guess when things don't go well the splatter hits everyone and by being one of those sent off Carey didn't help himself.

That apart anybody with any feel for football must surely love Carey to bits; he's really, properly talented.

The only problem he has is that he has to do it all and if he doesn't then nobody else does - or even can.

We have so few class players that we can hardly afford to do anything other than cosset the one we do have. Carey is a class apart from the rest.

We have very few players at present that I am genuinely happy to see on the team sheet. McCormick is fine; Sogo'o is fine too just as long as we appreciate he is a destroyer and not a creator; Diagouraga looks like he might be a player.  I suppose we could add one of Edwards and Bradley but they don't seem to perform together. Fox does well. After them we're struggling everywhere.

We have about half of a team at present. I'd call all the rest "squad players".
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams going   Adams going - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adams going
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4