Tgwu
akagreengull
MikeWN
Earwegoagain
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Hopefully bad mouthing the owners, but I can't see it for a while.
Apart from a big defeat being a signpost for things to come, a bad disciplinary record is also a sign of a team having to over stretch themselves, in order to compete.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 5:39 pm

beesrus wrote:
Hopefully bad mouthing the owners, but I can't see it for a while.

He already alluded to that last Monday saying we cannot compete with any club financially in this league
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 5:58 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Where the feck does Adams go with this now.

He has a lot of work to do before the visit of Blackpool. The players confidence must be shot to pieces.

Not the best possible start to life in League One, down to 20th now. Lose on Tuesday and it will be the bottom four.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:00 pm

We need to keep Fletcher in the team not loan him out. Other than that no Carey for three games need a win soon but can't see where the goals are going to come from?
On present form City will pass us going the other way end of the season, I'd take Roobs back in a blink as well.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:02 pm

To rub salt into the wound, wife left ST at home, Argyle charged £2.50 for each replaced ticket.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:04 pm

I've done that myself in the past, never used to get charged for it though.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Christ the farm have got an Adams out thread rolling...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:15 pm

What would any other manager do with this lot? We simply don't have enough quality in this squad to do anything other than survive in this league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Totally outplayed in the first half yet again hitting us with pace on the break fecks us right up and Miller is so out of his depth in this league and was at fault for the goal.

Carey's dangerous tackle was a red i thought that when i saw it happen and after seeing a better angle on videos i still do now. No defending it. Del bhey has to get a grip on the squad as this is happening too often now stupid out of character incidents resulting in red cards when players are getting frustrated.

We played much better in the second half but lacked the killer edge and fitness in our squad to have made a serious push for an equalizer. the turkish dutch guy is too slow up front and i cant see him scoring many for us at all. Fletchr lookd lively i would start him on tuesday up front.

over all the only positive was we didnt fall apart and lost 4-0 when carey got sent off unlike the last home game.  

Brent's penny pinching is going to cost us league one football unless del bhey can get a grip on the situation and get this squad ticking along till january where i pray brent finally either fecks off and sold up or actually puts money into the transfer budget so del bhey can strengthen so we do stay up for sure.

Del bhey also needs to address the fact that the majority of the goals are coming from the wings cause our full backs are too slow or utter shit in miller's case and playing one up front isnt working. So a change of tactics needs to be looked into.

Last edited by Angry on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
What would any other manager do with this lot? We simply don't have enough quality in this squad to do anything other than survive in this league.

That is the main task for the season, we know that. We also had inklings that Brent would hand over a bag of spare change to Adams, with a "there you are Derek, that should be ample enough".

The reality is kicking in now and if it continues (into the next 10-15 games), many will start to voice frustration. Hopefully they will aim that at Brent, Mr purse strings himself.

I still think that come the end of the season, Argyle will finish 14th, with one or two flirtatious with the bottom 6/4.

The side have got to learn fairly quickly as this league seems a monumental step up. Once suspensions and injuries are over, perhaps the team will click ?. But then again !!
Back to top Go down
Partridge_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Miller is non-league standard.

The new striker from Celtic makes Steve McClean look like Pele.

We are bloody toothless.

And Ness is Michael Carrick- Lite. Sideways and backwards so people who think they're football connoisseurs think he's brilliant as he 'never gives the ball away'.

It'll be much better in the future when I can de stress after a crap game at Home Park by going for an ice skate and having a night in a budget hotel with panoramic views of the traffic lights on Outland Road.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 7:39 pm

RED CARD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 7:41 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Christ the farm have got an Adams out thread rolling...

They'll soon be sorted out, shouted down or have log-in problems by Porkzilla and his numerous baconised warriors.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Tgwu wrote:
To rub salt into the wound, wife left ST at home, Argyle charged £2.50 for each replaced ticket.

Expensive day out at brents argyle
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Adams on the budget

Brent talks out of his arse on every single subject. How anyone can believe a word he says is beyond me.  If he  thinks this is a budget for a competitive squad in this division then he is even more stupid than I thought.   The only player who is an upgrade on last season is Edwards.  Smith, Donaldson, Spencer and Slew were no worse than Ness, Lamerias, Ciftci and Ainsworth/Grant/Wilde.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A lucky pause at the right moment.  I thought it was a red at the time but it doesn't look high at all on the picture.  Adams will have to try and appeal because without Carey for 3 games we probably wont score a goal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Jon L wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A lucky pause at the right moment.  I thought it was a red at the time but it doesn't look high at all on the picture.  Adams will have to try and appeal because without Carey for 3 games we probably wont score a goal.

we played better without him today.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:12 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

That is the main task for the season, we know that. We also had inklings that Brent would hand over a bag of spare change to Adams, with a "there you are Derek, that should be ample enough".

The reality is kicking in now and if it continues (into the next 10-15 games), many will start to voice frustration. Hopefully they will aim that at Brent, Mr purse strings himself.

I still think that come the end of the season, Argyle will finish 14th, with one or two flirtatious with the bottom 6/4.

The side have got to learn fairly quickly as this league seems a monumental step up. Once suspensions and injuries are over, perhaps the team will click ?. But then again !!

Why though? We had momentum, keep spine of promoted team, one or two well placed signings and on we go, no reason for aiming for survival, Walsall are a shite side I don't think MK are much better, it wouldn't have taken much to compete in this league, my guess is players are frustrated, bet Carey is feckin fuming.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Jon L wrote:

Adams on the budget

Brent talks out of his arse on every single subject. How anyone can believe a word he says is beyond me.  If he  thinks this is a budget for a competitive squad in this division then he is even more stupid than I thought.   The only player who is an upgrade on last season is Edwards.  Smith, Donaldson, Spencer and Slew were no worse than Ness, Lamerias, Ciftci and Ainsworth/Grant/Wilde.

The shyster rolls out the inept Starnes every so often to keep the great green deluded hanging on by muttering a few words about aiming for the championship.
In fact the shyster was reported a couple of months ago by the brentherald as blurting out the phrase "the wages in the Championship are stratospheric".
For once he was being open about what he really believes.
The budget is unlikely to keep Argyle in league 1, been saying it for ages he has no intention of genuinely going for another promotion because he would have to invest MORE MONEY in the squad he ain't going to do that!
Anyway another wadge saved today looking forward to investing my dosh watching the cider men on Tuesday.
Stick your budget squad up you're arse Brent.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:22 pm

I've said to others that the next step in Brent's plans will be a Pasoti plan against Adams, and here it comes.

This will divert attention away from the (lack of) development as well as the fact that our crowds are in the top 6 but the team is in the bottom 4. My guess is that DA's budget is not in the top 6.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Stand by for the parody Twitter accounts.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Find something better to do with your time and money. Starve the users out.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Find something better to do with your time and money. Starve the users out.

Too late! Must admit that regrets were uppermost in my mind today-very difficult to see how that team is ever going to score enough goals to win matches consistently, so reminiscent of struggling Argyle teams of the past. Looks as if the poundland policy is bringing the chickens home to roost, although one of the incomers in Joel Grant was easily the stand out performer today. Depressing overall, enjoyed the first fag afterwards far more than the match.

Anyway, far more importantly-was the pasty ok?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 9:23 pm

How is next seasons shirt looking?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Maybe we should have let GC go and used the wages to enhance packages to entice better players down here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V MK Dons matchday!   Argyle V MK Dons matchday! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle V MK Dons matchday!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next