Elias
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Another game Walsall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Adams apparently been complaining about Brents Budget WTF!!! when you only get ten thousand fans a week only play Liverpool twice in the FA cup and only make half a million in transfer sales, with a Hotel to build where is the money comming to fund a decent team in Champions league 0ne?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 3:07 pm

From 'up the line' on PASOTI . One of the very few good guys.

Gosh the will to win just oozes from posts like these.
If you honestly are telling me we should all recalibrate and that league one mediocrity should be the height of our ambition.. If that's it, meek acceptance that taking Doncaster's 'worst ever player' off their hands and nabbing freebies off the Chinos is as good as it can get, then I think I'd probably not bother with Argyle full stop. Call me a fairweather if you want but if the principal sporting team of the city is happy treading water in a football wilderness, grateful for a 1-0er against Fleetwood or Bury, then there are definitely more enlightening and entertaining pursuits out there.

Speaking to non attending Plymouthians I'm starting to see their view of the club, it's various owners and some of its fans. I hear a lot 'Argyle are a club that just don't want to succeed, they get to a certain point and everyone is just comfortable with it so they never push on'... Used to think it was just a bollox excuse for not going, but reading some of the white flag waving, happy to have a club, let's consolidate for ever more, I'll take 20th in league one nonsense, well it's hard to argue with them.

Personally I have a little bit more belief in the club than some and I think we should be holding our own in a top 6 with teams like Bradford, Charlton, Pompey, Blackburn and Bristol Rovers. I would genuinely hope that those with their hands on the tiller at the club don't share the view that league one is good enough

For some I think they're just happy with an excuse to get out of the house for a couple of hours every fortnight.
For me it's more than that. A football club can be the beating heart of a town, a source of pride and instill a feelgood factor. It can motivate and engage kids and give them real heroes on their doorstep not on sky TV.
If Plymouth is being told that we're only good enough for the third rung then what even was the f-ing point of saving the thing for future generations?!! It should have just been put down and out of its mediocre humdrum misery. If James Brent has really saved the club for us all to enjoy decades of scrapping around in league one and two looking forward to visiting stadiums I could have assembled from my lego collection then I wish he'd not bloody bothered

brent worship
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

If you honestly are telling me we should all recalibrate and that league one mediocrity should be the height of our ambition.. If that's it, meek acceptance that taking Doncaster's 'worst ever player' off their hands and nabbing freebies off the Chinos is as good as it can get, then I think I'd probably not bother with Argyle full stop. Call me a fairweather if you want but if the principal sporting team of the city is happy treading water in a football wilderness, grateful for a 1-0er against Fleetwood or Bury, then there are definitely more enlightening and entertaining pursuits out there.

Speaking to non attending Plymouthians I'm starting to see their view of the club, it's various owners and some of its fans. I hear a lot 'Argyle are a club that just don't want to succeed, they get to a certain point and everyone is just comfortable with it so they never push on'... Used to think it was just a bollox excuse for not going, but reading some of the white flag waving, happy to have a club, let's consolidate for ever more, I'll take 20th in league one nonsense, well it's hard to argue with them.

Personally I have a little bit more belief in the club than some and I think we should be holding our own in a top 6 with teams like Bradford, Charlton, Pompey, Blackburn and Bristol Rovers. I would genuinely hope that those with their hands on the tiller at the club don't share the view that league one is good enough

For some I think they're just happy with an excuse to get out of the house for a couple of hours every fortnight.
For me it's more than that. A football club can be the beating heart of a town, a source of pride and instill a feelgood factor. It can motivate and engage kids and give them real heroes on their doorstep not on sky TV.
If Plymouth is being told that we're only good enough for the third rung then what even was the f-ing point of saving the thing for future generations?!! It should have just been put down and out of its mediocre humdrum misery. If James Brent has really saved the club for us all to enjoy decades of scrapping around in league one and two looking forward to visiting stadiums I could have assembled from my lego collection then I wish he'd not bloody bothered

brent worship

Good Post
Exactly the message that's been extolled on ATD for several seasons since you know who 'saved us'. Still good to read it from someone over there.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Can't argue with any of that.

How long do we have to remain grateful eeee saved uzzz and for even having a club?

Hopefully the planning permission is refused and Brent clears off into the sunset, leaving somebody with real ambition to take us onwards, because if the club is marketed properly somebody will buy it despite the bullshit cries of there being no alternative
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 6:56 pm

If Brent cant compete with the likes of  Fleetwood Walsall Northampton etc he should sell to someone who can, Argyle should be able to compete with any club at this level to say otherwise is Bollox.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 7:03 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

brent worship
Bang on the money  Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 8:03 pm

I went and it was utter shit. Walsall are a terrible side yet beat us with loads to spare.

First goal came from a cross down our right hand, feck knows where Miller was as their left winger could have gone for a shit and still leave time to pick out the goalscorer who was of course completely unmarked.

In response to this Adams takes off an attacker (grant) and replaces him with a defensive midfielder (Songo'o). raised eyebrow

Second half is as bad a game of football as I've seen for some time. To freshen things up Adams replaces the player most likely to get a goal (Jarvis) with Blissett who as you can probably guess was rubbish.

The Game was settled when Songo'o got dumped on his arse by a midget who took his goal well

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 8:12 pm

cant have been as shite as the bristol 1st half, Not that im competing in watching shiteness. I reckon we'd be here all night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I went and it was utter shit. Walsall are a terrible side yet beat us with loads to spare.

First goal came from a cross down our right hand, feck knows where Miller was as their left winger could have gone for shit and still had time to pick out the goalscorer who was of course completely unmarked.

In response to this Adams takes off an attacker (grant) and replaces him with a defensive midfielder (Songo'o). raised eyebrow

Second half is as bad a game of football as I've seen for some time. To freshen things up Adams replaces the player most likely to get a goal (Jarvis) with Blissett who as you can probably guess was rubbish.

The Game was settled when Songo'o got dumped on his arse by a midget who took his goal well
Coming together nicely on Brents austerity budget. geek
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 9:23 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
First goal came from a cross down our right hand, feck knows where Miller was as their left winger could have gone for shit and still had time to pick out the goalscorer who was of course completely unmarked.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 9:31 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
cant have been as shite as the bristol 1st half,  Not that im competing in watching shiteness. I reckon we'd be here all night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At least the Bristol game was entertaining albeit at our expense
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 10:54 pm

Brents austerity....until it comes to his hotels, vets and fast food outlets.
Deteste this man
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 11:52 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Elias wrote:
Crap today and that s being polite
Bet the highlight of your day was a handshake! afro

Indeed, i was a bit tipsy!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 12:13 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

One of the greatest lines in football reporting, ever! I can't stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 10:56 am

I love football, but Christ it's boring the 5hit out of me at the moment.

We have no right to expect to win at Walsall, but people seem to think we should be rolling them over. Even with our pretty average (at best) squad.

Go to Walsall for a great time out, but visit the leather museum for guaranteed enjoyment. I'm not even sure there is a leather museum to be truthful. I'll have a look on Google.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 11:47 am

The Wheatsheath in Walsall used to be one of my favourite pubs in the country, before the PubCo sh@t all over the tenants. I'll refrain from going off on a socio-political rant, and say that I can see both UTL and Chingers' POV.

I want the club to be set up well and show ambition and push on into the Championship, where a club of our size should probably be (even if it's as a yo-yo club between the arse end of the Championship and the top of League One). But mostly I want that because it would be good for the city in general, for all the reasons UTL states. On a personal level I'm struggling to give a toss.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Chingers wrote:

Go to Walsall for a great time out, but visit the leather museum for guaranteed enjoyment. I'm not even sure there is a leather museum to be truthful. I'll have a look on Google.

I'll tell you what there is on the outskirts of Walsall and thats a Black Country Museum I kid you not even signposted from the motorway. What that entails I will pass on....
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Good grief
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Good to hear some fans being honest for once about actually giving a toss about this present regime and what it stands for. For far too long online, supporting Argyle has become ludicrously portrayed as some sort of saintly morality, rather than what it is in actual reality for just about everyone who has ever waddled up to Home Park and elsewhere over the years. Wannabe bores, geeks, and frankly those with too much time on their hands have erected faux lifestyles and preach what life is all about when dressed in green.
I think it quite funny that people like Newell and Brent on opposite ends of the social spectrum have talked themselves into a corner and now absolutely have to constantly pootle up and down the motorways of England wasting precious life and time, watching paint dry, purely to save face and prove what a bishop of not very much they really are. Driving forces in such behaviour are well known. Take your pick.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 4:47 pm

More to life than football  unless one is a complete saddo like the affore mentioned.
geek
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 1:15 am

Just what is songo trying to do???? Break his ankle of squash him.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:26 am

Elias wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Elias wrote:
Crap today and that s being polite
Bet the highlight of your day was a handshake! afro

Indeed, i was a bit tipsy!
You did have a big smile on your face! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:27 am

Elias wrote:
Just what is songo trying to do???? Break his ankle of squash him.......
He was certainly trying to do some damage to him, and totally fecked it up! :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another game Walsall   Another game Walsall - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another game Walsall
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3