Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?

Go down 
+12
tigertony
Rickler
Les Miserable
Czarcasm
Tgwu
Greenskin
sufferedsince 68
Innocent Egbunike
Freathy
Mock Cuncher
RegGreen
akagreengull
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 9:51 pm

Well, you may think premier clubs playing their kids against third division clubs is an advance in the world of football, I don't. It's insulting and counter productive. All part of the rack and stack utopia these big brands are after. And many many people think like me, as has been chronicled nationwide. Obviously much of the muff yoof don't, and nor do you and Graiser. No surprise there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:05 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Hopefully, some of the kids watching the Chelsea brand will twig the elitist industry that holds it's own future more important than their own.
The making of gods and followers, football style.

You don't half write some crap

It isn't crap at all.Perfectly obvious that every 9 year old will go home tonight and say "hey mum, found out tonight that the elitist football industry holds its own future more important than mine and its all about making Gods and followers". Remember doing exactly the same when I was 9 years old, absolutely natural and time honoured reaction.

Get over yourself for crissakes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Phil Brown was in the directors box tonight and left before any goals was scored
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Hopefully, some of the kids watching the Chelsea brand will twig the elitist industry that holds it's own future more important than their own.

It isn't crap at all.Perfectly obvious that every 9 year old will go home tonight and say "hey mum, found out tonight that the elitist football industry holds its own future more important than mine and its all about making Gods and followers". Remember doing exactly the same when I was 9 years old, absolutely natural and time honoured reaction.

Tragic whoosh.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

One of the funniest things I've seen on here in a good while.....whoooosh
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:31 pm

B'stard Czar Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 pm

The early kick off encouraged many families to HP tonight, can't remember ever seeing so many young kids at HP, no messing with iPads, xboxes, watching television or watching Liverpool on the tele, instead watching a decent but not spectacular game, those kids are the future supporters, so for me sod the football politics with all the theoretical nonsense and let's make sure we get them there again.
I started watching Argyle in 1961, there were no other distractions like I've mentioned above so it was easy to get Argyle under my skin, the kids of today have so many other distractions to keep them from supporting Argyle and if the Checkatrade does nothing else than encourage more youngsters, then that's the bigger picture for me.
For those that want to carry on with the usual sound bites and dodgy pictures, then crack on and I'll carry on and state my opinions as and when I wish to do so, whether they conform to anybody else's I'm not really fussed at all.

Last edited by Graiser on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:33 pm

The pig was not in his corner seat tonight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 pm

Graiser wrote:
The early kick off encouraged many families to HP tonight, can't remember ever seeing so many young kids at HP, no messing with iPads, xboxes, watching television or watching Liverpool on the tele, instead watching a decent but not spectacular game, those kids are the future supporters, so for me sod the football politics with all the theoretical nonsense and let's make sure we get them there again.
I started watching Argyle in 1961, there were no other distractions like I've mentioned above so it was easy to get Argyle under my skin, the kids of today have so many other distractions to keep them from supporting Argyle and if the Checkatrade does nothing else than encourage more youngsters, then that's the bigger picture for me.

You don't half write some crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:52 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I own up to that but I'm not as consistent at it as you.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:53 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

One of the funniest things I've seen on here in a good while.....whoooosh

lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 11:38 pm

Look the whole football industry is fecked, complete
pile of crap the whole corporate scene, mega wages, foreign owned with an excess of foreign players, extortionate gate prices,  obscene football rights etc etc.
But tonight I saw a decent game of football, argyle played really well and deserved to win and most if all I saw hundreds of families and kids really enjoying themselves.
So for me also a good night glad I went, and of course yes the concept of this competition is flawed.
But hey ho life goes on.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 11:56 pm

So lots of kids turned up, what's that tell you?

Was it the cheap prices or the possibility of seeing some future prem players?

Well, we've had kids for a quid for league matches and how did that turn out?

You want future fans to turn out (and stick with you) then you have to entice them with good quality players!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 12:54 am

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

You don't half write all crap laugh
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 10:12 am

tigertony wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

ALL TWAT
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 10:25 am

Herald - "It's a game that I wouldn't want to watch week in, week out because the atmosphere is not the same."

PAFC site 'It was a game I would like to watch week in, week out," said Derek. "The people that were here enjoyed it.'

Whose lying?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 10:52 am

PatDunne wrote:
tigertony wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

ALL TWAT

Give it a rest all of you.

If you can't be civil to each other then put them on ignore.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 10:58 am

Whatever the merits of the competition Alex Fletcher scoring twice was a real bonus for all concerned. Course the last player to score twice on debut never saw the light of day again !
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 11:14 am

Aye, their seems to be conflicting comments from Derek, he is either being misreported or inconsistent.
He is reported in the brentherald as saying he could have done without the game, but it helpfully gave his players game time.
As a punter it looked like positive game time, argyle were well up for it Ainsworth in particular and it could only have boosted Fletchers confidence.
Didn't think the Chelsea team had any standouts apart from Ampadu and their goalie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 12:08 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
tigertony wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

ALL TWAT

Give it a rest all of you.

If you can't be civil to each other then put them on ignore.

I thought we were until Pat's falling back on his usual adjective.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Thank you Graiser for your most illuminating, interesting and thoughtful post, it was a rare gem, a true pleasure to read and my civility knows no bounds, again thank you.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 12:26 pm

I think that was civil enough Laughing cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 6:39 pm

PatDunne wrote:

Awfully kind of you old bean
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Graiser wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Awfully kind of you old bean

Thumbs

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?   Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Checkatrade Trophy 7pm tonight - anyone going apart from myself?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next