+3
Les Miserable
Rickler
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Heather Ness to become Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist

Who knew I would get so nervous about this new venture when I've been writing for over a decade without a second thought?

If I'm honest with myself, I have a few very good reasons why.

Here I am five and a half years into a relationship with my now husband, Jamie Ness whom just so happens to be a professional athlete.

I am however a professional cold tea drinker/small child and dog wrestler with an incredible underlying talent to watch a football match and focus solely on one player - yes you've guessed it, my husband.

As a former model, now mother, avid writer and founder of 'The Imperfectly Perfect Parent', I never thought I'd see the day I would be invited to write in the sports section of a newspaper or at least not in the context I would agree upon.

That said, here I am doing just that and I am both grateful and elated about this opportunity and freedom to share a realistic part of our lives that not many sports fans get the opportunity to see or read about.

So if we can get past the fact I will be the new female sports columnist for The Plymouth Herald, who's only shortly learned the amount of football players in a team and still coming to terms with the offside rule (Yes I am THAT wife) I think we will get on just dandy.

I pride myself in the way I write. It is important to me to share both the highs and lows of life and I do so in a way that is both down to earth, raw and engaging.

Usually with a potty mouth which will need to be held on a tight leash here.

Making people feel good, feel inspired and feel a little less hard on themselves is what I do best - I love bringing the best out in people and equally so, I find my readers bring the best out in me.

Our lives with our two crazy little girls have very much been stereotyped on a number of occasions and I hope, during my time with The Plymouth Herald, you will learn that for many of us that stereotypical footballers life is very far from the truth.

I am desperate to get started and beyond excited to share our ups and downs as we begin to move and settle into what will now be our seventh house move and sixth team to date!

Heather's first column in the fortnightly series will be in the Herald on Wednesday, August 16.

Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist A15
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 10:45 pm

Well she's certainly confident... If not boastful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Yet another self confessed newcomer to the "off side rule", let alone Argyle, who will quickly be lauded as being a better fan and more knowledgeable  than any of you social media lot on here. Just how many reluctant souls are there out there ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:31 pm

As an old bulldog once said "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 2:22 am

The world continues to dumb down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 5:54 am

She sounds full of shite before she's penned a report. She'll fit right in with that pathetic rag.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 6:14 am

Well the Herald obviously didn't try to get Peggy's number...  A good writer... More fools them!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 6:47 am

All a bit strange. I guess if she sticks to reporting on the local Netball scene, or her old mans latest injury update, she'll be fine.

Rather than that being a sexist comment, I refer basically to her being in an impossible position to report objectively on anything regarding PAFC. It's hard enough for Errington to pen a footballing critique, what with his missus being the ticket office gaffer, but the chances of a wife giving it both barrels on her husband and his teammates following an inept performance, are slim to none.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 am

Best wait for her first column before having a pop, she comes across as a smart cookie so Webb has no chance
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:33 am

A smart cookie that confesses to still coming to terms with the offside rule....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 11:23 am

Don't think she's on her own, plenty of fellas don't understand the offside rule!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 6:42 am

Has she met the lecherous old goat yet..... popcorn
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Oh dear me....

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/how-plymouth-argyles-jamie-ness-410777

Insufferable.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Wonder if the lecherous old wife snatcher has already offered her a tour of muff & his inside leg yet..hahaha!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist   Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Herald's first female sports columnist
Page 1 of 1