We got a spitter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

We got a spitter Empty
PostSubject: We got a spitter   We got a spitter EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 10:57 pm

and not a swallower

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A Plymouth Argyle player has been accused of spitting on a Peterborough United opponent while he was down on the turf and injured during Saturday's London Road contest.

Marcus Maddison took to Twitter in the hour after the League One opener and accused an unnamed member of the Argyle team of the incident and called for a ban or fine.

The 23-year-old received treatment for an injury in the aftermath of Argyle's goal, although it is not clear where the allegations supposedly took place.

The matter has not been made into a formal complaint at this stage, but the hosts have admitted there are investigating the allegations through match footage.
e
Argyle are aware of the tweet and awaiting developments.

A spokesman for Posh said: "All we can say at the moment is the football club is investigating the matter and will report any findings to the appropriate authorities."

In his allegation, Maddison said: "For a fellow professional to spit on me while I'm down injured is a joke. Hope he is fined or banned.

"This ain't League Two anymore."

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

We got a spitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got a spitter   We got a spitter EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Well, Maddison got and is still getting some negative comments from his own fans for ''falling over and rolling about'' too often. After he was tackled just prior to our goal he lay there like a Wycombe player and an Argyle player did lean over and ????? I thought the Argyle player was probably saying something like ''get up you f***** wossy''
But his comment of ''this ain't league 2 anymore'' is a disgraceful thing to say about fellow professionals in another league. I mean his career of Blyth Spartans (loan), St Johnstone, Gateshead and Peterborough United hardly makes him a superstar.
No name, no ref report and no close up of the incident means it will probably be tomorrows chip paper.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

We got a spitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got a spitter   We got a spitter EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 11:49 pm

tigertony wrote:
Well, Maddison got and is still getting some negative comments from his own fans for ''falling over and rolling about'' too often. After he was tackled just prior to our goal he lay there like a Wycombe player and an Argyle player did lean over and ????? I thought the Argyle player was probably saying  something like ''get up you f***** wossy''
But his comment of ''this ain't league 2 anymore'' is a disgraceful thing to say about fellow professionals in another league. I mean his career of  Blyth Spartans (loan), St Johnstone, Gateshead and Peterborough United hardly makes him a superstar.
No name, no ref report and no close up of the incident means it will probably be tomorrows chip paper.

But what if an Argyle player did spit on him? What should be done about it? Brent is all about "reputation" think he'll take any action?

Nool once threated on Pasoti to spit in my face if he ever saw me. Needless to say it never happend, the coward couldn't even look me in the eye and that was in front of all his mates.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

We got a spitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got a spitter   We got a spitter EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 12:17 am

Rickler wrote:

But what if an Argyle player did spit on him?  What should be done about it?  Brent is all about "reputation" think he'll take any action?
Nool once threated on Pasoti to spit in my face if he ever saw me.  Needless to say it never happend, the coward couldn't even look me in the eye and that was in front of all his mates.
If it was proved then the player deserves all he gets. However, and I'm not condoning spitting one bit, it must be so frustrating when a player is constantly going to ground at the slightest touch. One Peterboro' fan has called Maddison a disgrace on a reply post showing on their local paper. The only spitting linked to Nool should be spit-roast.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

We got a spitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got a spitter   We got a spitter EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Looking at the video replays (from our goal), looks like this is directed at Bradley. To me it looks like Bradley was shouting at Maddison for one of his many feigning injury displays.

Seems odd that if he was spat on, then why didn't he take it up with Bradley or the Ref during the game?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

We got a spitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got a spitter   We got a spitter EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 2:21 pm

tigertony wrote:

it must be so frustrating when a player is constantly going to ground at the slightest touch.

Oh the irony. The way our 6ft 4in tough nut centre half threw himself to the floor on Saturday was embarrassing. He tried to con the referee. He lost us the match. Add the 'finger in the ear' moment at Anfield and it indicates a 'dark arts' character.
Back to top Go down

We got a spitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got a spitter   We got a spitter EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 7:12 pm

According to Spotlight (cue Frank Harper spitting feathers over something they didn't say) Peterboro have complained to the FL with the requisite evidence, whilst Argyle did not want to make a comment about it.
Hmmm could be interesting....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We got a spitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got a spitter   We got a spitter Empty

Back to top Go down

We got a spitter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: