Nick
inthekno
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Inside info.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:54 am

knecht wrote:
I have wondered whether some of these have a dual intent. Firstly, if they get through the radar and actually post something offensive or illegal they would put ATD in a difficult position. On the other hand, if all it does it get people to rise in righteous internet indignation, they can giggle in delight at the effect they're having. It takes me back to being a naughty boy in school playing up a teacher. They score points either way ........ The question then is what to do about that.

There's not much you can do other than be honest and fairly moderated, which we are.

The nature of the beast we are dealing with is determined to dominate and present a compliant fanbase to whichever suits are in control at HP. That way, they might receive a few scraps thrown their way. It's so bleddy obvious and so bleddy village !
I've no doubt that they are the hardcore local yeomanry but they are simply not equipped to actually lead.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:58 am

We could have a Flag Of Shame and sew their usernames and IP addresses into it and wave it at match days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Nick wrote:
We could have a Flag Of Shame and sew their usernames and IP addresses into it and wave it at match days.

Not in front of me, you don't Evil or Very Mad

Tring's right, though. It's small town, small minded, playground stuff. Which, sadly, spills over and affects the important things.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Peggy wrote:
Nick wrote:

Not in front of me, you don't Evil or Very Mad

Tring's right, though. It's small town, small minded, playground stuff. Which, sadly, spills over and affects the important things.

Like buying flags Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:16 pm

knecht wrote:
I have wondered whether some of these have a dual intent. Firstly, if they get through the radar and actually post something offensive or illegal they would put ATD in a difficult position. On the other hand, if all it does it get people to rise in righteous internet indignation, they can giggle in delight at the effect they're having. It takes me back to being a naughty boy in school playing up a teacher. They score points either way ........ The question then is what to do about that.

I think that exposing them would be the best bet, one thing that the people who do this is hate is to be seen to be doing it, they have done nothing wrong, not until they get caught that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:17 pm

As long as this site exists to enable Argyle fans to give of their opinion without the three line whip over the road, there's not much more we can do. Are they scoring points at the moment ? No, not in my opinion.

There will always be people, and it's almost always men, that take delight in such stuff, and one in particular in this case. It's just usually they are at the back of the class, not up front posing as the resident teachers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:24 pm

I suppose behind my comments was the thought that starving them of the oxygen of publicity would remove their impact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:30 pm

I think that was their ploy ... it failed.
I don't mind giving them all the oxygen they require, it is a fellow fans' website when all said and done, but it's what they do with that oxygen that counts.
They wouldn't know a good deep breath if a fresh wind blew up their street tomorrow .... their lungs are gone.... they need a major overhaul..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:10 pm

The current ploys of combined shouting politely from the rooftops and not overreacting seem to be working. Don't forget, the membership of ATD has risen enormously since this current round of abuse commenced and ATD has gained literally hundreds of new members and it's still growing. It has nothing to do with ATD being popular, it's all to do with "the other" site being unpopular and the methods used to control it.

I think this site is now big enough and strong enough to take any type of battering and laugh it off. Everyone is seeing through the abuse and they have the intellect to work out exactly who is responsible for what and that's causing each attempt to abuse this site to score an own goal.

Each time ATD is abused, ADT grows bigger and "they" become weaker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:16 pm

GOB wrote:
The current ploys of combined shouting politely from the rooftops and not overreacting seem to be working. Don't forget, the membership of ATD has risen enormously since this current round of abuse commenced and ATD has gained literally hundreds of new members and it's still growing. It has nothing to do with ATD being popular, it's all to do with "the other" site being unpopular and the methods used to control it.

I think this site is now big enough and strong enough to take any type of battering and laugh it off. Everyone is seeing through the abuse and they have the intellect to work out exactly who is responsible for what and that's causing each attempt to abuse this site to score an own goal.

Each time ATD is abused, ADT grows bigger and "they" become weaker.

That's sort of what I meant. I didn't mean to simply censor. I meant to not respond too much (like I'm doing now clown ). I'd rather people were allowed to show themselves as prats than be made into a big deal. (Sorry, trying to do several things at once - with a small brain).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Entirely agree GOB.

When (if) we get the board up at the club, it will increase our readership and membership hugely. There are still an awful lot of Argyle fans who don't know we exist. Pasoti used to censor any reference to ATD, don't know if they still do, but the row on January 4th gave us a huge boost in numbers, simply because people discovered us.

Bit of an own goal there by Daz and Ian that night.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:41 am

Certain comments that have been posted or PM'd to me on Pasoti make it clear to me that several regular posters on that site have been made aware of who I work for and where I work from.
I believe this information can only have come from tracking my IP and server base when I have posted from a Company PC (which I will stop doing)

Not enough to make me resign from the internet, but something I think we should all be aware of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:52 am

chriswebbfanclub wrote:
Certain comments that have been posted or PM'd to me on Pasoti make it clear to me that several regular posters on that site have been made aware of who I work for and where I work from.
I believe this information can only have come from tracking my IP and server base when I have posted from a Company PC (which I will stop doing)

Not enough to make me resign from the internet, but something I think we should all be aware of.

Nothing is too low for some people, yet we are portrayed as the bad guys, the scum, the lunatics. The more I see and experience from Pasoti, the more it makes me determined to expose the hypocrisy and bullshit served up to the masses. The message is getting across, and thats why the dirty tricks are getting more frequent. It does seem that more and more people are starting to ask awkward questions now, and not everyone who supports Argyle believes that James Brent has "saved" the club and ploughed tens of millions of pounds into Argyle. Only the staunch few who call their children Tynan and their cat PilgrimPete still believe the PR being pedalled.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:11 am

chriswebbfanclub wrote:

I believe this is a trick tubby Newell regularly used to use on Exeweb any time anyone pointed out his frankly inane contradictions...he'd ring the employer. Wonder if Sturtz or any of our resident City lot could clarify?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Only the staunch few who call their children Tynan and their cat PilgrimPete still believe the PR being pedalled.

My cat eats off an Argle kitty food mat, Jock, and I don't believe it cat .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
chriswebbfanclub wrote:

I believe this is a trick tubby Newell regularly used to use on Exeweb any time anyone pointed out his frankly inane contradictions...he'd ring the employer. Wonder if Sturtz or any of our resident City lot could clarify?

While we don't know that to be true, rumours do abound, and I would imagine all sorts of angles have been used by different folk, especially during the supposed release the dogs episode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:04 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Only the staunch few who call their children Tynan and their cat PilgrimPete still believe the PR being pedalled.

My cat eats off an Argle kitty food mat, Jock, and I don't believe it cat .

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inside info....   Inside info.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Inside info....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2