Freathy
Les Miserable
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 1:07 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Jethro wrote:
problem is who would want this job if he did Leave, Or would mr deep pockets short arms give it to in experienced Wottsy.
The devoted Brenties would lap up wotton as manager if Jimmy said he was an outstanding individual blah blah blah, the reality is a club in the middle of nowhere needs an experenced manager with contacts or a return to the basement is assured.
You need to sort out which corner you're in! You've already said that a return to Lge 2 is assured with our signings so far but now you're saying that with an experienced manager it may not be assured. Question
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:40 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Lifelong Dons fan  Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Derek Adams is a Rangers fan....that much I'm sure of....hopefully just paper talk.....Aberdeen's manager has just been given permission to talk to Sunderland they won't let him go that easily.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 am

Looks like the Dons are doing all their shopping in Devon.
Footballing instinct tells me there is something in this story.
Wottys managerial career may have come sooner than he thought.
laugh
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 10:06 am

We've done our best, FFS! Here's another 8 quid a week.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 10:08 am

seadog wrote:

......that was Carey popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 10:32 am

After saying they've done their best, wouldn't it be ironic if, and this is their own words, by far the most important asset Argyle have, pootles off back to Scotland, having just decided a roof and an extra bit of light is far more important than their main man. It's all about priorities, as Holloway pointed out very clearly, and Brent's priorities have been quite clear since the outset. The club direction is not about to change now there's a pair of them running the show. Enjoy the ride in steerage. I'll wave from the headland as they pass.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 10:39 am

beesrus wrote:
After saying they've done their best, wouldn't it be ironic if, and this is their own words, by far the most important asset Argyle have, pootles off back to Scotland, having just decided a roof and an extra bit of light is far more important than their main man. It's all about priorities, as Holloway pointed out very clearly, and Brent's priorities have been quite clear since the outset. The club direction is not about to change now there's a pair of them running the show. Enjoy the ride in steerage. I'll wave from the headland as they pass.

P.A.F.C tin pot to the core.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 am

akagreengull wrote:
laugh
God forbid...greengull dont even go there in jest
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 10:44 am

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
laugh
God forbid...greengull dont even go there in
jest

Talking Brents argo here Reg.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 10:49 am

seadog wrote:
Thats proberly more nearer the truth than you think seadog  lol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 11:06 am

akagreengull wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
laugh
jest

Yep poncho's No roof & wotty would pretty much sums up the the ambition for the club
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 11:34 am

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
laugh
jest

Yep poncho's No roof & wotty would pretty much sums up the the ambition for the club

Yeah, but the eternally grateful will still believe in green Jim, after all "eeeeeee saved us you know"
laugh deadhorse :pighug: Sheep
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 12:06 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Jethro wrote:
problem is who would want this job if he did Leave, Or would mr deep pockets short arms give it to in experienced Wottsy.
The devoted Brenties would lap up wotton as manager if Jimmy said he was an outstanding individual blah blah blah, the reality is a club in the middle of nowhere needs an experenced manager with contacts or a return to the basement is assured.

Don't get me wrong loved Wotton as a player as a manager not sure hes got what it takes, Fletcher MK2 in the making
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Agree,
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 1:37 pm

From Aberdeen fans forum

Posted Today, 12:01 PM spamspamspam, on 15 Jun 2017 - 12:00 PM,

Plymouth boards are in meltdown.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"You could say Argyle are a bigger club than Aberdeen"
Lol

Seem a right laugh the Plymouth lads.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Aberdeen speculation 'inaccurate' says agent of Plymouth Argyle boss Derek Adams

THE AGENT for Derek Adams has refuted newspaper reports that the Plymouth Argyle manager wants to become the next Aberdeen boss.

There is set to be a vacancy at Aberdeen, who finished as runners-up to Celtic in the Scottish Premiership last season, with Derek McInnes expected to take over at Sunderland.

Speculation about McInnes' successor at Pittodrie has already gone into over-drive, with the Daily Record reporting on Wednesday that it was 'understood' Adams, a former Aberdeen player, was keen to be considered for the post.

But Raymond Sparkes, the agent for Adams, told Herald Sport: "It's something that is inaccurate. To say I'm annoyed doesn't really fully encapsulate how I'm feeling about this.

"With the connections that Derek has to Aberdeen, with the connections that he has to Scottish football and indeed with the continued success he has had at Plymouth, then quite clearly he could be a target for Aberdeen. I'm not suggesting that isn't the case.

"But in terms of Derek putting himself out there, and in terms of Derek Adams' agent putting his name out there, to say that we want the Aberdeen job would be unprofessional from us.

"I don't like the fact that Derek has been caught up in this. I want to give the Plymouth Argyle fans the assurance that this is not the work of either Derek or myself.

"It's just a journalist taking a flier in Scotland," he added.

Former Scotland boss Alex McLeish has also been linked with the likely vacancy at Aberdeen, along with Paul Hartley, Alex Neil and Tommy Wright.

Sparkes said: "One paper has already got a shortlist of about seven different names, with faces of managers who are all in work right now.

"That's their prerogative to actually say 'these might be the candidates for the Aberdeen job'. But it's an entirely different thing again to say that somebody wants the job when they are already in a job.

"That's not proper at all, and I need to get the message across to the Plymouth Argyle fans that this was not of our making and it never would be."

Sparkes is one of the longest serving football agents in Britain and puts a great deal of emphasis on integrity.

"To say that I'm annoyed about this would be an understatement," he declared. "This is not, in any shape or form, working within the style that is either Derek Adams and/or Raymond Sparkes.

"We never have been involved in dealing with our business in that way and we are not about to start now."

Adams, who is currently overseas on holiday, has three years remaining on a contract he signed with Argyle last August.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 6:07 pm

How did team clueless allow their main employee to become so disheartened he's started to sniff around other jobs? the main problem i would say is Jimmy and co expecting Adams to compete in the third division with a fourth division budget........ village till the end.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Aberdeen speculation 'inaccurate' says agent of Plymouth Argyle boss Derek Adams

THE AGENT for Derek Adams has refuted newspaper reports that the Plymouth Argyle manager wants to become the next Aberdeen boss.

There is set to be a vacancy at Aberdeen, who finished as runners-up to Celtic in the Scottish Premiership last season, with Derek McInnes expected to take over at Sunderland.

Speculation about McInnes' successor at Pittodrie has already gone into over-drive, with the Daily Record reporting on Wednesday that it was 'understood' Adams, a former Aberdeen player, was keen to be considered for the post.

But Raymond Sparkes, the agent for Adams, told Herald Sport: "It's something that is inaccurate. To say I'm annoyed doesn't really fully encapsulate how I'm feeling about this.

"With the connections that Derek has to Aberdeen, with the connections that he has to Scottish football and indeed with the continued success he has had at Plymouth, then quite clearly he could be a target for Aberdeen. I'm not suggesting that isn't the case.

"But in terms of Derek putting himself out there, and in terms of Derek Adams' agent putting his name out there, to say that we want the Aberdeen job would be unprofessional from us.

"I don't like the fact that Derek has been caught up in this. I want to give the Plymouth Argyle fans the assurance that this is not the work of either Derek or myself.

"It's just a journalist taking a flier in Scotland," he added.

Former Scotland boss Alex McLeish has also been linked with the likely vacancy at Aberdeen, along with Paul Hartley, Alex Neil and Tommy Wright.

Sparkes said: "One paper has already got a shortlist of about seven different names, with faces of managers who are all in work right now.

"That's their prerogative to actually say 'these might be the candidates for the Aberdeen job'. But it's an entirely different thing again to say that somebody wants the job when they are already in a job.

"That's not proper at all, and I need to get the message across to the Plymouth Argyle fans that this was not of our making and it never would be."

Sparkes is one of the longest serving football agents in Britain and puts a great deal of emphasis on integrity.

"To say that I'm annoyed about this would be an understatement," he declared. "This is not, in any shape or form, working within the style that is either Derek Adams and/or Raymond Sparkes.

"We never have been involved in dealing with our business in that way and we are not about to start now."

Adams, who is currently overseas on holiday, has three years remaining on a contract he signed with Argyle last August.

Not a denial Adams is off. All that says to me is neither Adams or his agent have specifically said come and get me. But when Aberdeen ask permission to speak - and they will - you won't see Adams for dust.

This story does not have the usual bullshit feel about it. I think he's definitely gone.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 6:44 pm

He says it's inaccurate. He should be saying it's not true.

Big difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:54 pm

what idiot said argyle is a bigger club than Aberdeen lol
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Angry wrote:
what idiot said argyle is a bigger club than Aberdeen lol

It depends really. When Argyle are in one of their peaks at Tier 2, we'll generally get bigger crowds and have at least equivalent quality on the pitch. Granted because of the League they are in, finishing ahead of the other Scottish dross leads to European football so that will always give a perception of being a 'bigger' club.

Aberdeen have had a pretty much as good as it gets season (unless Fergie is managing them) and averaged only 12,000.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Irrelevant now anyway as McInnes is staying.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Good news that Adams wont be going to Aberdeen, though the question remains why does he seem eager to move on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 9:11 pm

lol! Handbags laugh
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm

He'll be gone soon enough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Adams to Aberdeen... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adams to Aberdeen...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next