Freathy
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Grimsby match special - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySat May 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Graiser wrote:
Feck me can't this website just enjoy promotion for a day so without all the usual bollox being spouted.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing living the dream!!! sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySat May 06, 2017 9:24 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Congratulations to Portsmouth a proper club.

Out of the top three the one club that deserved to win the title least was Portsmouth. Hardly in the top 3 all season until the last few games, whereas us and Donny were there virtually all season.

Anyway, who came first, second or third will be forgotten in a few weeks when L1 starts.

Congratulations to Derek Adams and the players, over the course of the season they proved themselves to be one of the top three in the division and no amount of manking and whingeing about 'bottling it' will change that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySat May 06, 2017 9:36 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Out of the top three the one club that deserved to win the title least was Portsmouth. Hardly in the top 3 all season until the last few games

That made me chuckle. Thanks PP. I bet you've used the converse argument in your time  Razz
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySat May 06, 2017 9:53 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Congratulations to Portsmouth a proper club.

Out of the top three the one club that deserved to win the title least was Portsmouth. Hardly in the top 3 all season until the last few games, whereas us and Donny were there virtually all season.

Anyway, who came first, second or third will be forgotten in a few weeks when L1  starts.

Congratulations to Derek Adams and the players, over the course of the season they proved themselves to be one of the top three in the division and no amount of manking and whingeing about 'bottling it' will change that.

Yep - season 16/17 is now history. We start again with zero points in Lge 1. Lets go!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySat May 06, 2017 10:32 pm

beesrus wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Out of the top three the one club that deserved to win the title least was Portsmouth. Hardly in the top 3 all season until the last few games

That made me chuckle. Thanks PP. I bet you've used the converse argument in your time  Razz

Only when discussing the existential differences between Waitrose and Lidl, and whether either of them really exist, whilst eating a good pasty naturally.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 12:16 am

Graiser wrote:
Feck me can't this website just enjoy promotion for a day so without all the usual bollox being spouted.

we just chuc ked away a chance of silverware and you think thats bollox jesus wept.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 7:15 am

We'd didnt bottle it somewhat unfair, portsmouth had an outstanding end to the season only stalled by us at fratton.
If argyle fans are disappointed just imagine what donnys crew are feeling today. Farm avivas are in some cases close to hari kari clearly there is an upside
Top throbbing from Xthrobber claiming argo above pompey in alphabetical order and alls well with the world knob
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 8:53 am

I was as excited as everyone else yesterday particularly as the title changed hands between the three teams during the second half. And I'm sure Derek, Craig Brewster, Wotty and the squad will all be gutted this morning, because when you have just played 46 games there is obviously a lot of satisfaction and kudos to be gained by finishing top of the pile.
But it wasn't to be, finishing equal top is no disgrace, one of those things. So fair play to Paul Cook and Pompey they won the game we didn't - all the best to them.
I don't get the negativity and whinging on here let's look forward to next season, clearly PAFC have had a successful season with promotion and the FA cup run despite the useless apology of an owner and a board who only look as far ahead as the next game.
Hopefully Derek will crack on now and strengthen the squad despite the Brent austerity.
cheers

DEREK IN
BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 8:56 am

Equal top lol
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:11 am

akagreengull wrote:
I was as excited as everyone else yesterday particularly as the title changed hands between the three teams during the second half. And I'm sure Derek, Craig Brewster, Wotty and the squad will all be gutted this morning, because when you have just played 46 games there is obviously a lot of satisfaction and kudos to be gained by finishing top of the pile.
But it wasn't to be, finishing equal top is no disgrace, one of those things. So fair play to Paul Cook and Pompey they won the game we didn't - all the best to them.
I don't get the negativity and whinging on here let's look forward to next season, clearly PAFC have had a successful season with promotion and the FA cup run despite the useless apology of an owner and a board who only look as far ahead as the next game.
Hopefully Derek will crack on now and strengthen the squad despite the Brent austerity.
cheers

DEREK IN
BRENT OUT

Thumbs Thumbs

sums the season up we did alright despite brents austerity and sky rocketing
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:12 am

Apart from DA's ability to get the club promoted from the 4th tier and the undoubted and continuing potential of the club's fanbase, there is nothing to suggest that the future prospects are anything other than 'same old'.
I can understand the starry eyed optimism of younger conscripts but those who have seen it all, many times over, must surely realise and see that the future is restricted. Even the proposed refurb, whilst providing some improved 'festing' space,will do little to inspire or provide the cash required to survive at a level above the 3rd tier.
Football clubs tend to be in the blood, even mine ..............but this shouldn't cloud the reality, even though brent and co hope it will.They still think that 15-20k can be persuaded to turn up every home game, bucket rattle and spend, spend, spend, when there is nothing to suggest the club can compete above the 3rd tier. It doesn't happen like that.

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun May 07, 2017 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:13 am

PatDunne wrote:
Equal top lol

The last time I looked it was Pompey 87pts Argo 87pts that's equal top on POINTS.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:19 am

when I looked, we had finished in second place.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:23 am

thank fek that season has ended. Looking forward to Walsall away [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:27 am

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
well done argyle we'd have all taken runners up spot start of season

This. Some of the shite being written on this thread is frankly beyond belief-truth is that Argyle haven't lost the championship, Pompey have deservedly won the league with 7 wins in their last 8 games and congratulations to them. If you acknowledge that Pompey have been backed to a far greater extent than Adams then it really is the depths of idiocy to call Argyle "feeble minded bottlers" or whatever it was for finishing second to them on goal difference. Nobody but nobody on this site would have predicted the outcome this season and it will take more than losing what was always a bonus prize to alter the fact that the management and players have done fecking well this season under the circumstances.

Nonsense. Aviva talk. It's my guess that when Argyle players are called bottlers, not by me by the way, it's just fans picking up on the fragile nature of Brent's regime that depends totally on Adams and possibly Carey,. If you can't get your head around the distrust, tough. Ever thought of just enjoying a promotion rather than taking pot shots at other fans who have a better nose than you.

Rather ironic for one of Stapleton's most ardent defenders to call me an Aviva and doubly ironic for one of the most begrudging, miserable old shits around to talk of "enjoying a promotion".

Go play with your Artichokes.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:27 am

Tringreen wrote:
Apart from DA's ability to get the club promoted from the 4th tier and the undoubted and continuing potential of the club's fanbase, there is nothing to suggest that the future prospects are anything other than 'same old'.
I can understand the starry eyed optimism of younger conscripts but those who have seen it all, many times over, must surely realise and see that the future is restricted. Even the proposed refurb, whilst providing some improved 'festing' space,will do little to inspire or provide the cash required to survive at a level above the 3rd tier.
Football clubs tend to be in the blood, even mine ..............but this shouldn't cloud the reality, even though brent and co hope it will.They still think that 15-20k can be persuaded to turn up every home game, bucket rattle and spend, spend, spend, when there is nothing to suggest the club can compete above the 3rd tier. It doesn't happen like that.

Agree with all you say Tring, next season there is so much potential to do well in league 1, I had this conversation last week on the train coming back from the Crewe game with a couple of lads around eighteen years of age, summed it up when one of them said "we have to walk before we can run".
It just illustrates to me how much the lack of ambition and belief is ingrained in the fanbase even the younger ones. As most of us on here can see Brent feeds right into the 'the good as it gets, punching above our weight' attitude and mind set, to keep PAFC just ticking over.
The shyster is already making noises about the cost of wages in league 1 and the Championship, staying the wages in the championship is in "another stratosphere".
So yep a good season relatively speaking, but ultimately the club is going nowhere under the likes of Brent.
Enjoy the ride as they say.
deadhorse
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:28 am

PatDunne wrote:
when I looked, we had finished in second place.....

Second on equal points!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:39 am

Second with the same points as the team that finished first.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 10:16 am

PatDunne wrote:
Second with the same points as the team that finished first.

Very good, we could keep this pedantic discussion going all day.
Equal on points with pompey, second on goal difference,  I'm happy with that.
cheers
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 11:45 am

Equal on points with Pompey, second on goal difference suits me too.
I would have been happy with third.
Thank god we got out of L2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 11:47 am

Tringreen wrote:

Well said, Tringers. Along with everyone else, I'm chuffed to bits to get out of this dog-shit division, but, I fear for next season if we're served up with the same inconsistent, ugly and sometimes god-awful football we were subjected to this season.

Let's hope Brent gives DA a few quid to strengthen during the close season - also, let's hope DA get's the players to play like they have in the second half of most games this season, and not the first - which had me scratching my head most of the time.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 1:26 pm

The championship relegation fit is still undecided between Blackburn, Birmingham and forest.
Right now we are playing the venkey disaster.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Argo v Blackburn next season.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 2:09 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Watched argo beat Blackburn in front of twenty eight thousand in the champions league/third division, now after six years of no investment by the Brentmare, the capacitys down to fourteen!!! argo the shrinking club Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 EmptySun May 07, 2017 5:44 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Watched argo beat Blackburn in front of twenty eight thousand in the champions league/third division, now after six years of no investment by the Brentmare, the capacitys down to fourteen!!! argo the shrinking club Crying or Very sad

The eternally grateful braindeads won't mind after all argyle are punching above their weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grimsby match special   Grimsby match special - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grimsby match special
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next