harvetheslayer
Freathy
VillageGreen
10 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Carey: Will he resign or not Empty
PostSubject: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Reading various posts here and there, some are suggesting that Carey could be off to Portsmouth or another League One club or to a lower end Championship club.

As Argyle are on the verge of promotion, perhaps Carey could make a decision now rather than at the end of the season. That way Adams will know one way or the other and prepare for next season with Carey as part of the team or look elsewhere for a replacement.

I would prefer Carey to stay, but if he wishes to ply his trade somewhere else, then good luck to him.

Could Adams be able to secure a suitable candidate to fill Carey's boots for the challenges of League One.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Speccy Twat will be splashing out another £15k to Torquay to replace Carey no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 3:00 pm

This is why we're already relegated. Not many other clubs just promoted would lose by far their best player to another team in the same division.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 6:54 am

he's very inconsistent thats the problem would prefer to keep him but he clearly goes missing in the winter months
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:22 am

Carey is an ambitious player who wants to play in an ambitious team and hopefully win medals as does pretty much every professional footballer.

If he signs a new deal he would have to be convinced that del bhey is sticking around and we are going to be competitive next season and not just there to just fight off relegation. Personally i cant see Brent convincing carey he will give del bhey the funds needed or offer him a contract worthy of signing sadly.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:47 am

I think Carey needs to prove he can overcome Div One situations.....there are times he disappears in Div Two at present......why is he still here if he is that good.....can it just be loyalty to Adams ?

Adams gives him a free rein in his team.....would other managers from Championship or top Div One sides be as amiable to him.....I don't see them lining up for him even at an Argyle price.

If he is doing the business at the end of the year....then the January window might be the time that he moves on.

It depends who Adams brings in during the summer to what role Carey will provide for Argyle in Div One next season....strengthening mid-field and striker situations must be a priority in the summer.....and retaining most of the present defence will be important.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:55 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
he's very inconsistent thats the problem would prefer to keep him but he clearly goes missing in the winter months

Carey has been a consistent match winner/changer throughout the season and would easily cope with league 1.Even on Sunday against Portsmouth when Carey allegedly had one of his quieter games, it was his inch perfect pass inside the full back that allowed Sawyer to sling the cross over for that superb Argyle goal, the sort of precision that may go unnoticed but which could be provided by very few players. It would be a mortal blow if Carey were to go and his delivery and goal scoring would be very difficult to compensate for, in the same way as it was so tough to replace Hourihane, whose departure was a promotion costing decision IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:59 am

zyph wrote:
I think Carey needs to prove he can overcome Div One situations.....there are times he disappears in Div Two at present......why is he still here if he is that good.....can it just be loyalty to Adams ?

Adams gives him a free rein in his team.....would other managers from Championship or top Div One sides be as amiable to him.....I don't see them lining up for him even at an Argyle price.

If he is doing the business at the end of the year....then the January window might be the time that he moves on.

It depends who Adams brings in during the summer to what role Carey will provide for Argyle in Div One next season....strengthening mid-field and striker situations must be a priority in the summer.....and retaining most of the present defence will be important.

Dear old Zyph,60 years of watching Argyle sell quality and replacing it with substandard crap and he still doesn't get it.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:07 am

Greenskin wrote:
zyph wrote:

Dear old Zyph,60 years of watching Argyle sell quality and replacing it with substandard crap and he still doesn't get it.

Maybe you right....but maybe your wrong and you cannot see the wood for the trees......promotion doesn't come along often ...you might need to remove the scales from your eyes and enjoy the moment.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:23 am

zyph wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
zyph wrote:

Maybe you right....but maybe your wrong and you cannot see the wood for the trees......promotion doesn't come along often ...you might need to remove the scales from your eyes and enjoy the moment.

lol! Who says i'm not "enjoying the moment" and anyway what exactly has that got to do with building a team for next season? May have enjoyed the moment two years ago if Hourihane hadn't been sold with a year left on his contract.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:38 am

Enjoying the moment is tempered by knowing Same Old Argo will repeat the disastrous actions of the past. Our time away from the basement will be very brief.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:42 am

Enjoy the moment ? Getting out of division 4 ? lol!
Janner Nurseries. Get your Easter bargains here.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:58 am

beesrus wrote:
Enjoy the moment ? Getting out of division 4 ? lol!
Janner Nurseries. Get your Easter bargains here.

Any promotion is to be enjoyed they don't come around that often down these parts. Even an old cynic like me enjoys seeing my team in the top 3, despite the season being quite unlike any previous promotion season that I can remember.

Stop taking those bitter pills you may actually enjoy something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 12:44 pm

I'm not bitter, I'm a happy soul. And certainly far happier than I would be trooping up there every fortnight to watch the worst entertainment seen at Home Park for decades, supporting a regime that is not to my taste at all. The present so-called Plymouth Argyle is not the club I have supported most of my life. Things like this happen sometimes, so it's no big deal. I'm just relaying the facts on the ground as I see them.

I was viewing the Pirates troop out at the Mennaye yesterday, with the ever mirthful Falmouth Marine Band winding it up, with the happiest friendly sunny Easter big crowd. A real club, and for the sport itself, which is admittedly not my favourite, played at a watchable standard
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 pm

I sometimes wonder what it is that we expect from our players.

For starters if I was being critical I'd say they are all crap simply because they play for us in the 4th division. If they were any good they'd be playing at a better level and not here. They are indisputably here ergo they are indisputably crap.

And most of the time I'd be right except for the odd occasion like when a "Hourihane" comes along.

So is Carey a "Hourihane"? I'd say no. I actually think Carey is a better player than Hourihane was when he was here but he is older: Hourihane was in his early 20s and Carey in his late 20s; Hourihane was on the up and Carey is as good now as he ever will be; Hourihane was always likely to be sold on at a profit but there'll be no profit in Carey. Paradoxically despite arguably being a better player Carey is a worse transfer target!

Does Carey have the game to play at a higher level? I guess that depends on how far up we go. He can stay here and have a go at League 1 level in a team where the manager allows him a free rein and has in effect built a side around him or he could try slotting in elsewhere for a manager he doesn't know and play in a system where he might be more inhibited and less productive.

And then there is his game itself. At this level his flare is enough for him to stand out but in a division where the players are all a bit stronger, faster, bigger and more disciplined will his flare be enough?

His set pieces will be just as good but with goalies being a little bit bigger, slightly less out of position and defensive walls half an inch taller even a ball struck in exactly the same way will succeed slightly less often...

Carey isn't the quickest in this division and would be even less quick higher up; he isn't a great header of the ball; he's not the strongest. Signing him would be a gamble for a CCC club and for Carey he'd be moving on as a likely squad player rather than as the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hombre in the team.

I think there's every chance he'll stay. I hope he does, anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 4:48 pm

As I understood it Carey was in the verge of upping sticks last year. Wife incredibly homesick with child and no family or support network. Amazing what a nice pay ris does!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 5:05 pm

zyph wrote:

That's it for me.
Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Just as it was obvious Reid wanted out, so it is Carey will be looking elsewhere. He hasn't got the years on his side to hang about "improving himself". He will be wanting his next contract to be a career defining contract in money terms. Don't think Argyle do that sort of thing under Brent.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 7:07 am

So, Carey ready to talk contracts and wants to stay. Let's see then.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 11:20 am

Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Carey has been a consistent match winner/changer throughout the season and would easily cope with league 1.Even on Sunday against Portsmouth when Carey allegedly had one of his quieter games, it was his inch perfect pass inside the full back that allowed Sawyer to sling the cross over for that superb Argyle goal, the sort of precision that may go unnoticed but which could be provided by very few players. It would be a mortal blow if Carey were to go and his delivery and goal scoring would be very difficult to compensate for, in the same way as it was so tough to replace Hourihane, whose departure was a promotion costing decision IMHO.

Before the January window I was pretty harsh on Carey and now accept I was wrong, perhaps he just wasn't 100% fit the latter half of last season. Even though he suffered a bit of a goal drought he more than done his bit with assists and will be a big loss if he moves on. Let's hope we move on from this yearly contract nonsense and give our players some security.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 11:38 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
So, Carey ready to talk contracts and wants to stay. Let's see then.

Brent and Del Bhey better get him signed up to a good deal thats good for us aswell as him. Getting him signed up for next season will be a huge statement by the club and no doubt encourage other players to come here in a small way if he is still here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carey: Will he resign or not   Carey: Will he resign or not Empty

Back to top Go down

Carey: Will he resign or not
Page 1 of 1