Freathy
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Freathy wrote:
Good win.  Still a very long way to go with 15 points still to play for.  Could go right down to the final day.

Behave, promotion will be wrapped up with one or two games to spare.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 7:21 pm

BBC1 wrote:
That one was for Pete.

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Crawley view on the game

Crawley beaten by winner in fourth minute of stoppage time

Promotion-chasing Plymouth snatched a winner in the fourth minute of stoppage time against heartbroken Reds.

For the second successive game Crawley finished with ten men after top scorer James Collins was sent off in the 79th minute for a foul on Yann Songo’o.

Contact was minimal but referee Ben Toner reached for his pocket, having booked Collins earlier in the second half.

Reds looked to have negotiated the closing stages successfully with Glenn Morris untested - as he had been for much of the afternoon.

But when Lewis Young horribly sliced a clearance back to Antoni Sarcevic on the edge of his own box the midfielder played in Ryan Taylor who held off Joe McNerney and fired low and hard past Morris.

Not surprisingly, it sent the 1,540 Plymouth contingent into raptures but Argyle claims that justice had been served with their late winner were a wild exaggeration of events.

For an hour, the hosts had been the better side in a game of few clear-cut chances with Reds having to robust a physical visiting team, whose only spark of creativity was provided by No.10 Graham Carey.

Enzio Boldewijn looked up for the battle early on and was involved in three good moves, the third of which earned Crawley a 29th minute lead that they deserved for a purposeful start.

His pass played in the overlapping Young whose low cross found Dean Cox and he side-footed past Luke McCormick before rightly taking the plaudits from the fans for his first Crawley goal.

Reds were deservedly in front. Morris hadn’t made a save for the first hour with James Collins going close at the start of the second half before McCormick held Andre Blackman’s long-range effort at the second attempt.

But the game changed in the 63rd minute when Mark Connolly brought down Sarcevic a yard inside the box. Referee Toner was ideally placed to award a penalty and although Morris dived the right way Carey’s spot-kick had too much power.

Dermot Drummy made three substitutions in the closing stages and the game seemed to be petering out into a draw which would have been the least Crawley deserved for a hardworking performance.

Instead Plymouth got the break which all teams vying for promotion seem to get and can now look forward to League One football. For Reds, there is still work to do to secure their League 2 place for next season.

Crawley Town: Morris; Young, Connolly, McNerney, Blackman; Boldewijn, Smith, Djalo (Payne 83), Cox (Murphy 85), Clifford (Harrold 80), Collins. Unused subs: Mersin, Garnett, Bawling, Lelan.

Yellow cards: McNerney, Collins. Red card: Collins.

Man of the match: Dean Cox

Attendance: 3432 (1540 Plymouth)

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 8:22 pm

It was not that long ago that Crawley Town were the bees knees of the emerging newcomers entering the Football League. What happened there then ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Forced rhubarb.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 8:46 pm

another tinpot club id be happy to see us not play again.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 8:50 pm

beesrus wrote:
I don't have access to a tv very often, but I do this evening. Took me half an hour to work it.  As Argyle and Adams rubber stamped the inevitable,  couldn't help laughing at the tv coverage of the grand national when the owners of the horses ( not sure if they're the owners of the jockeys as well these days ) were asked to step up and receive due adulation from the adoring cameras. Not quite sure what they add to the competitive field of physical activity, but there you go. Think they got given a bottle of booze and a rather large cup. How apt.

Victor ludorum LOL. Not much changed for some folk, since the old gods died. Bless.

at least she (the owner) was wearing knee high boots sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 8:54 pm

True jocolor  Not quite sure what she would have looked like in sling backs. Must have been 14 hands high.
I despair at the soup sometimes.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 10:41 pm

Great win, great away crowd and atmosphere
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 10:43 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
It would take a feck-up of, well, Plymouth Argyle proportions for us not to be promoted now. We need 4 points from a possible 15, assuming the playoff pack win all their games.

Can you just imagine the level of aviva bum licking all hailing Sir Jimmy on animal farm it will be a total jizzfest.... Pig Pig Pig

I think that post reveals a bit too much about your personal predilections. pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 10:47 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
almost home. We're on our way is the tune continuingly in my head. Crazy, fantastic scenes at the end. So glad I took my James today and so glad I did it sober. Day 410.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 11:38 pm

Just back too.

What can you say? We started brightly, as brightly as the sunshine in which the game was played, and actually took the game to Crawley! We didn't manage anything as daft as a shot at goal but we dominated both possession and territory. Lots of huff n puff from both sides and some very indecisive refereeing didn't really add to the spectacle but for 20 minutes or so we looked comfortable in the extreme.

And then out of the blue, after a pretty decent  passage of passing play of the type that had hitherto seemed beyond them, Crawley scored. From there they grew in confidence but overall it was desperate fare and huff n puff was firmly in control of both sides.

So 1 down at half time and we hadn't really threatened their goal at all and they had threatened ours only the once.

And so it continued with huff n puff still dominant until Sarcevic picked up a ball in their box after some sloppy play by Crawley only to be immediately chopped down for the most blatant penalty you could ever wish to see. Carey confidently slammed it home.

And then we did a job, I think, on their striker.  First Bradley went down claiming he was elbowed. Maybe he was. Yellow card. A few minutes later Songo'o, playing centre half today, also went down also claiming an elbow, maybe it was, and off matey boy went for an early bath with about 10 minutes to go. In truth the ref just didn't seem to have a clue when it came to the striker/CB battles. Mostly he gave nothing at all, sometimes he gave the decision clearly the wrong way but each time it seemed more like guesswork than decision making.

And then we scored deep into time added on. Taylor got behind/turned his man, was wide open in front of goal, couldn't miss and did not.

Cue crazy scenes, wild celebrations, unconfined joy and the desperately needed, totally crucial and probably totally undeserved 3 points.

In the entire game we only managed 2 shots on goal and one of them was a penalty.

It was an awful game, Crawley were poor (so poor they had Andre Blackman playing for them) and we weren't much better but the 3 points were everything and in the vernacular of today's youth only one word describes the end of the match: scenes.

It's still not certain but we're up now. Today's win was the equivalent of the one at Lincoln in Luggy's promotion season: the numbers don't add up yet but everybody knows we're there.

Class of 2017 must be the dullest and least inspiring Pilgrims ever to get themselves promoted.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 6:51 am

D&C Police Football‏ @DCP_Football 10h10 hours ago

There were 2 Argyle fans arrests for drink related offences at crawley town today
and a selection of Argyle fans were dealt with for a pitch encroachment, don't spoil it for yourselves as it could lead to a ban
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 8:50 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
It would take a feck-up of, well, Plymouth Argyle proportions for us not to be promoted now. We need 4 points from a possible 15, assuming the playoff pack win all their games.

Can you just imagine the level of aviva bum licking all hailing Sir Jimmy on animal farm it will be a total jizzfest.... Pig Pig Pig

Looking forward to being at the Crewe Aviva jizzfest, I reckon Lord Jim will get a standing ovation.
Ee's gonna take us to the Championship, well that's what he said. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 am

got my bucket of jizz ready.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 9:29 am

alannotivvy wrote:
  lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 9:53 am

alannotivvy wrote:

.......on animal farm posters are packing semis 24/7 in anticipation Pig Pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 10:12 am

Tgwu wrote:
D&C Police Football‏ @DCP_Football 10h10 hours ago

There were 2 Argyle fans arrests for drink related offences at crawley town today
and a selection of Argyle fans were dealt with for a pitch encroachment, don't spoil it for yourselves as it could lead to a ban
Good job the D&C don't look after Sheffield United then.
1500 arrests for a pitch invasion celebrating promotion.
I wonder what chap the club will come up with in the run up to the Newport game.
Mind you, I did suggest to someone yesterday that if we manage to get promoted against Pompey, I might just run out of the Tribute Lounge and stage my own Home Park Pitch invasion to celebrate promotion! lol!
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:14 pm

There, bar the shouting.

SFD's report pretty much nails it. I'd add that I thought the officials had little control over what was going on from the start. At times, it looked like rugby and Taylor was being constantly fouled by the centre backs. There were some pretty bad tackles in midfield too. Set the tone for the whole game, which was very poor, with Argyle unable to rise above it and play decent football.

Nevertheless, great and enjoyable celebrations at the end.

Very odd feeling about this promotion. Have only been to a handful of games, which doesn't help, but we just seem to play such a negative brand of football. Taken alongside the disappointment of last season and how long we've been in the basement, it all adds up to 'meh'.

Good, of course, that we'll go up but will only really cheer up about PAFC if and when we start showing intent to get back to the Championship.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 1:49 pm

RegGreen wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

There be a big wet patch on the directors box steps where someone sits.. :pighug:
I thought JB had fixed the leaks in the roof? Laughing
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 4:29 pm

BBC1 wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:
almost home. We're on our way is the tune continuingly in my head. Crazy, fantastic scenes at the end. So glad I took my James today and so glad I did it sober. Day 410
Well done beeb on the 411 days time you read this  Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 5:51 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

You been working no out over those arse shots of Cerbs missus. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 7:42 pm

RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:
almost home. We're on our way is the tune continuingly in my head. Crazy, fantastic scenes at the end. So glad I took my James today and so glad I did it sober. Day 410
Well done beeb on the 411 days time you read this  Thumbs
Thanks Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle    Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3