+3
RegGreen
Czarcasm
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

SWPL Argyle last game at HP Empty
PostSubject: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 8:35 pm

The SWPL game v Witheridge on Tuesday April 4 has been switched from Coach Road to Home Park.

The full statement from the SWPL secretary is;

Please note that both clubs have mutually agreed to change the venue of next weeks previously postponed SWP Premier Division fixture

Plymouth Argyle v Witheridge will now be played at HOME PARK, The game is still on Tuesday 4th April and still a 7.30pm Kick Off but now at Home Park

Argyle offered Witheridge the chance to play at the stadium to which the visitors have agreed and Devon FA are also satisfied as at this time of year Coach Road is being used for a lot of County Cup finals in various ages etc.

As this is Argyles last Home game of the season it obviously will not happen again this campaign, but if a success, and if agreeable etc it MAY be repeated in the future.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 12:59 am

HOME Park gates open at 6.30pm on Tuesday for...
...the Pilgrims' final home game of the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League season.

Argyle complete their home Premier Division campaign against Witheridge at the Theatre of Greens looking to cement a top-three finish at the end of their first campaign in the top division.

Kick-off is 7.30pm and access to the Grandstand - the only area of the ground which will be open - is via the turnstiles at the Devonport end of the ground.

Admission is £5, or £3 for concessions.

PS I can remember not long ago ST holders used to have free entrance to reserve games
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 9:11 am

Tgwu wrote:
...the Pilgrims' final home game of the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League season.

Argyle complete their home Premier Division campaign against Witheridge at the Theatre of Greens looking to cement a top-three finish at the end of their first campaign in the top division.

Kick-off is 7.30pm and access to the Grandstand - the only area of the ground which will be open - is via the turnstiles at the Devonport end of the ground.

PS I can remember not long ago ST holders used to have free entrance to reserve games

They did yeah. That not the case any more?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

They did yeah. That not the case any more? 
Jimmys scraping every last penny towards the makey makeover thats what it is
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 4:25 pm

TEN first team professionals will line up for Plymouth Argyle when they play Witheridge in the South West Peninsula League at Home Park on Tuesday night (7.30pm).

They include two of the substitutes who were used in the Pilgrims' 1-0 League Two defeat by Accrington Stanley on Saturday – Nathan Blissett and Yann Songo'o.

On-loan Bristol City striker Paul-Arnold Garita and Connor Smith will get more game time after recovering from recent injuries.

There will also be run-outs for Nauris Bulvitis, Ryan Donaldson, Vincent Dorel, Gary Sawyer, Jordan Slew and Craig Tanner.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 4:31 pm

what does the 3rd choice keeper do when hes not training as he doesnt seem to play any games
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Is there a FansFest??

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Was there any flares at jimmys reserve jamboree  jocolor
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Angry wrote:
what does the 3rd choice keeper do when hes not training as he doesnt seem to play any games
His a bit tastey angers there holding him back /grooming him for a big money move to North ferriby united  lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Argyle 3 Withy 0 HT
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 9:10 pm

4 nil, great run and finish from Gary Sawyer.

5 nil, Tanner, good touch and clinical finish.

6 nil, Hodges with a good overlap and finish.

7 nil, Slew from the penalty spot.

8 nil, Slew tap in after great work from Garita.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Argyle 8 Witheridge 0 FT
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 10:11 pm

I really don't think Garita is wanted by Bristol City
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Freathy wrote:
If he aint they have done 50k in cold blood thats what they payed some french club for him
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 7:25 am

Freathy wrote:

I'd be raising an eyebrow if he was wanted by us, permanently. Apart from a swashbuckling show at Exeter he's been largely gash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 8:49 am

This must be intensely annoying to other SWPL sides that Argyle use the competition as a kick around for some of its peripheral players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 9:48 am

Symptomatic of increasing disrespect while kicking downward. The local league has been suckered. Sliding agendas devalue over several years. The new format for that stupid EFL cup thing is similar. Hail the football elite. It's what we're here for.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 10:50 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
This must be intensely annoying to other SWPL sides that Argyle use the competition as a kick around for some of its peripheral players.

I have to agree.

I suppose sending out the odd recovering pro who needs a game isn't so bad but packing a side with 1st team squaddies is simply unfair, unless they do it all the time, because it distorts the competition. Imagine if you were relegated by a team that played our kids as a result of this game... You'd be seething. I would, anyway.

It's the only reserve football we have though so what else can we do?

It really is a shame the old Combination League is no more. It can't be that expensive to cart the Ressies off to matches, can it? And whatever it costs isn't money down the drain anyway but an investment in the squad and developing players... Sadly we don't do do investment, do we? All we do is cheese-paring and penny pinching. Do we spend actual real money on anything like maintenance, infrastructure, training, coaching, ticketing or any thing else before they reach breaking point and emergency action is needed?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 11:46 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

I have to agree.

I suppose sending out the odd recovering pro who needs a game isn't so bad but packing a side with 1st team squaddies is simply unfair, unless they do it all the time, because it distorts the competition. Imagine if you were relegated by a team that played our kids as a result of this game... You'd be seething. I would, anyway.

It's the only reserve football we have though so what else can we do?

It really is a shame the old Combination League is no more. It can't be that expensive to cart the Ressies off to matches, can it? And whatever it costs isn't money down the drain anyway but an investment in the squad and developing players... Sadly we don't do do investment, do we? All we do is cheese-paring and penny pinching. Do we spend actual real money on anything like maintenance, infrastructure, training, coaching, ticketing or any thing else before they reach breaking point and emergency action is needed?

The Football League combination was binned as part of the Elite Player Performance Plan, which was forced upon us by the Premier League under sufferance of removal of all youth team funding for FL sides. The idea being to force FL youth systems to become academies, so that the PL could cherry pick anyone decent.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 3:08 pm

The old Combination league went years before that. Back when Bobby Moncur was manager, I think. We used to get the other southern teams reserves, most of them anyway, so there'd be reserve teams from Spurs, West Ham and so on mixed in with the rather more modest teams. It proffered decent entertainment and a chance to see the occasional big name.

Most famously many thousands, maybe well over 20,000 if folk lore is accurate, turned up to see Jimmy Greaves play his first game for Spurs when he returned from Italy... One of our older timers would surely know the details better than I.

That was before my time but them was definitely the days for reserve team football.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 3:54 pm

There are two sides to the argument, these that have highlighted the fact that Argyles inclusion in the league could make a mockery of the competition, and those that support their participation because of the increase in gates.

Personally i think they will just use it as their advantage for a couple of years until they can afford to enter the proper designated reserve league. PAFC have never done anything for local football in the past. Have a history of coming in and out of the league when it suits them.

I dont see them as a long term entrant into the league and to be honest the sooner they are gone the better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWPL Argyle last game at HP   SWPL Argyle last game at HP Empty

Back to top Go down

SWPL Argyle last game at HP
Page 1 of 1