Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newport new First Team Management Consultant

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Newport new First Team Management Consultant Empty
PostSubject: Newport new First Team Management Consultant   Newport new First Team Management Consultant EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 4:28 pm

Newport County AFC are delighted to announce that Lennie Lawrence is joining the club as a First Team Management Consultant. He will be on hand to assist Caretaker Manager Michael Flynn and Assistant Caretaker Manager Wayne Hatswell until the end of the season.

Lennie is a vastly experienced manager having managed a number of teams from Charlton Athletic, Middlesbrough and most recently Cardiff in a career spanning more than 30 years. He is one of a select few managers to have managed over 1,000 league games.

Caretaker Manager Michael Flynn said “I’m over the moon that Lennie’s agreed to come on board. It’s not only great for the club, it’s excellent for me personally and for my managerial career. I’m always learning and if I can’t learn from someone who’s managed over a 1000 times in the football league then I won’t be able to learn from anyone. Not only will Lennie be important for my development, he’ll also be helpful to the board as he brings with him a wealth of football knowledge. I’m sure having someone like Lennie on board will give the players a massive lift too. I also hope that bringing Lennie in will show the fans how committed I am to doing what’s best for the club.”

Lennie commented “I met Michael at the FAW UEFA Pro license course and when approached I was delighted to offer some support. I have undertaken this type of role on several occasions and will be there for Michael to offer advice and guidance when needed.”

Read more at http://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/welcome-lennie-lawrence-3637354.aspx#9Y6zQ7oRz7ykMbbF.99
Back to top Go down

Newport new First Team Management Consultant
Page 1 of 1