Les Miserable
akagreengull
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 2:05 am

Doncasters failure was simply because they tried to walk the ball into the net.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:24 am

Portsmouth fans on their ex-player Sonny Bradley after yesterday game

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Portsmouth view on this game and what we do on Good Friday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 9:48 am

PRIOR to Sonny Bradley, the last time Plymouth Argyle had a centre-back who was so potent at scoring goals was Graham Coughlan.

So it was entirely appropriate that Coughlan saw Bradley net for the seventh time this season as he secured a vital 1-0 victory over the League Two leaders.

Coughlan, now the assistant manager to Phil Brown at League One outfit Southend United, sat among the travelling Green Army at the Keepmoat Stadium.

He was Argyle's top scorer with 11 goals when Paul Sturrock's Pilgrims were promoted as champions of the fourth division of English football in 2001/02.

Bradley might not reach that total this term, although there is still time, but his contribution has already clinched a lot of very valuable points.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 9:58 am

beesrus wrote:
I thank the blue skies I don't have to watch that sort of gameplan every week.
Great game from McCormick, who won't be going anywhere for obvious reasons, and a great game from Bradley, who will be going somewhere if he is a free agent in the Summer. I can now see why Carey is still where he is, very lightweight and easily knocked off his game, but a dead ball merchant. The goal was reminiscent of Wotton/Coughlan. I suspect League 1 is little better than League 2 and see little reason why Adams' dreadful unwatchable game plan wouldn't work at the next level if he can keep the spine and actually add a couple of players that can play the game without the ball bobbling off them into touch.

I was then forced to sit through another 90 minutes of Brit trash with the England team. Like watching paint dry twice in one day until a REAL footballer came on in the shape of Vardy. Where have all the entertainers gone ? Tippy tappy, pointless nutmegging going nowhere doesn't do it for me.

The Barbican was packed full of mothers affraid

The resident bean grower becomes an expert on Carey on the basis of two backs to the wall televised games. Nothing like exhaustive research and observation to form a valid opinion.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:25 am

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
To be perfectly honest, some of the stuff being written on this thread is starting to grate a bit. In any language, that was a fecking good performance today against a team who had scored 75 goals this season and by any stretch of the imagination could not be described as poor-no ifs, no buts, it was a promotion winning performance with excellent goalkeeping and defending which are, almost without exception, the cornerstones of any promotion winning season. At the start of the season, i was doubtful in the extreme about Argyle's prospects and said so, both on here and PASOTI. Looks like I've been proved completely wrong and every credit to Derek Adams and the squad for that.Credit where it's due-we've been waiting for 7 years FFS and enduring some of the most embarrassing teams,players and results in Argyle's history in the meantime. Of course the team will need strengthening next year and i'm as cynical as anyone about the ability of the board to deliver that but that is nothing to do with the players or manager who deserve far more kudos than they are currently getting in some quarters.

with all due respect the team played shit yet won, which is the important aspect of any game at the end of the day. Lets not try re writing history here on the performance side of it. McCormick saved us and we took advantage.

Keeping a clean sheet against a top of the league team who have scored 75 goals this season is not rewriting history, it's a stone cold fact.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 am

Greenskin wrote:
The resident bean grower becomes an expert on Carey on the basis of two backs to the wall televised games.

lol
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 11:42 am

We're dogged and disciplined. And we've got Carey. That's good enough in this league.

It hasn't been pretty all season. But just like yesterday, there have been numerous games this season whereby on balance of play we've been 2nd best, and won.

Substance over style innit. And a necessary 'evil' to get out of this league.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Grimsby view on the game.

Watching the game on TV. Donny the better side so far but god do they try and manipulate the ref. Constant diving. Must come from Darren Ferguson I guess?

FT Doncaster 0-1 Plymouth, Plymouth now only 3 pts behind Donny in the race for top spot.
Saturdays game against us has now become a little more important for them.

Which is why we need a full strength team out. With a formation they are comfortable with. Not only do we owe it to our own fans, but to anyone else in the promotion race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I thank the blue skies I don't have to watch that sort of gameplan every week.
Great game from McCormick, who won't be going anywhere for obvious reasons, and a great game from Bradley, who will be going somewhere if he is a free agent in the Summer. I can now see why Carey is still where he is, very lightweight and easily knocked off his game, but a dead ball merchant. The goal was reminiscent of Wotton/Coughlan. I suspect League 1 is little better than League 2 and see little reason why Adams' dreadful unwatchable game plan wouldn't work at the next level if he can keep the spine and actually add a couple of players that can play the game without the ball bobbling off them into touch.

I was then forced to sit through another 90 minutes of Brit trash with the England team. Like watching paint dry twice in one day until a REAL footballer came on in the shape of Vardy. Where have all the entertainers gone ? Tippy tappy, pointless nutmegging going nowhere doesn't do it for me.

The Barbican was packed full of mothers affraid

The resident bean grower becomes an expert on Carey on the basis of two backs to the wall televised games. Nothing like exhaustive research and observation to form a valid opinion.

Three games actually. Some of us learn quicker than others. And it was the consensus of 2 season ticket holding family and friends along with three other regulars this season. Of course, the goons across the road would say that fans have no right at all to an opinion on anything with a football if they haven't managed at professional level and resonate like the chimes of Guy Branston, who is obviously a cut above most folk. But then that's the great washed for you... give them some soap and they're pointing fingers at unkempt hair. I do apologise for deigning to offer a well held view.  flower

I'm great at growing food too. Here all Summer, avoiding the chemical laden vitamin free tosh available in a supermarket near you. Do you have your own trolley with one of those dud pound coins Skinny ? flower
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:04 pm

Because of his out standing display in EFL team of week

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:12 pm

That Lyness must be some goalie!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Bradley is my player of the season.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
To be perfectly honest, some of the stuff being written on this thread is starting to grate a bit. In any language, that was a fecking good performance today against a team who had scored 75 goals this season and by any stretch of the imagination could not be described as poor-no ifs, no buts, it was a promotion winning performance with excellent goalkeeping and defending which are, almost without exception, the cornerstones of any promotion winning season. At the start of the season, i was doubtful in the extreme about Argyle's prospects and said so, both on here and PASOTI. Looks like I've been proved completely wrong and every credit to Derek Adams and the squad for that.Credit where it's due-we've been waiting for 7 years FFS and enduring some of the most embarrassing teams,players and results in Argyle's history in the meantime. Of course the team will need strengthening next year and i'm as cynical as anyone about the ability of the board to deliver that but that is nothing to do with the players or manager who deserve far more kudos than they are currently getting in some quarters.

with all due respect the team played shit yet won, which is the important aspect of any game at the end of the day. Lets not try re writing history here on the performance side of it. McCormick saved us and we took advantage.

Keeping a clean sheet against a top of the league team who have scored 75 goals this season is not rewriting history, it's a stone cold fact.
That's why we pay him. cheers
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:05 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Whilst I accept that the result is of primary importance the entertainment value(or lack of) must count for something shorely?

Absolutely not, particularly in this league. I can't see that a hard-earned whilst not attractive 1-0 win against a side that's top, is worse than a wonderful free-flowing game resulting in a 4-3 defeat. One result earns 3 points, the other, none. No-brainer really.

Anyway, Argyle are capable of playing attractive football, but the name of the game is results, and over 20 wins shows that they're doing something right.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:14 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Whilst I accept that the result is of primary importance the entertainment value(or lack of) must count for something shorely?

Absolutely not, particularly in this league. I can't see that a hard-earned whilst not attractive 1-0 win against a side that's top, is worse than a wonderful free-flowing game resulting in a 4-3 defeat. One result earns 3 points, the other, none. No-brainer really.

Anyway, Argyle are capable of playing attractive football, but the name of the game is results, and over 20 wins shows that they're doing something right.

I did state that the result is of primary importance, so your 4-3 defeat scenario is bollocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 7:26 pm

tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Correct. makes up for when he cost us 3 points against notts county cheers
That's why we pay him. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 7:28 pm

zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

That's twelve times we've taken advantage this season.....I'm beginning to see a theme starting here.... scratch

i refuse to insult you back as i have a feeling it gets you hard which is amazing at your age cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Thread   Doncaster Rovers Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doncaster Rovers Thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6