Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 am

Vote Tony!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some might say 'terraces', but I’m surprised the thread hasn’t been stickied on the farm!

Well the irony of Pasoti’s Mr. Cholwell turning out to be Mr. Hooper doesn’t seemed to have fazed anyone on Pasoti. It seems if you are a ‘real’ friend it doesn’t matter what you call yourself, as evidenced by the so far unmentioned U Turn of epic proportions by ‘Ian Newell’ who has now turned himself back into ‘IJN’ yet again! Or maybe he deleted himself accidently once more for the umpteenth time?

Stunning move by Tony... Right through the Trust Ardennes in the middle of the night!

A sure fire winner!
He will appeal to at least 75% of Pasoti, where 90% of the battle will be waged. He has the approval of the farms biggest hitters.
He is the first to appeal to Argyles most loyal supporters – the season ticket holders - with a wish to represent their interests. That group is approximately twice the size of the trust, if not more....

Above all... He is smart and intelligent. ...And charming in person. I shared a couple of drinks with him once.

No doubt when he takes his place on the GasB as an ‘independent’ (beholden only to himself – the season ticket issue will be just a small part of his platform) and he looks across at the lone Trust member, he will no doubt be masking that lovely smile of his, and laughing to himself at how easy it was as an individual to end up having as much an equal say as the Trust and its 1500 members!

I like Tony – even though he doesn’t answer my emails anymore.

I would vote for him...

How many votes am I getting anyway?

Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:52 am

Did I miss the bit where the club declared that the GAS Board electioneering process was now open?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:00 am

Nick wrote:
Did I miss the bit where the club declared that the GAS Board electioneering process was now open?

What process would that be?

Any CP "Fans rep" feel like making the call to Mr. Brent and asking him to tell us?

Or are you all retired now?

There is one who could do it... But really... Not a hope in hell it would seem?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:13 am

Rickler wrote:
Nick wrote:

Quite.

If you were being conspiratorial, you might say that it all feels like some sideshow with bright flashing lights and giant wavey hands designed to distract attention away from The Trust.

Remember when complaints were made about the timing of this meeting in relation to the Trust elections? Correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to have been anything further about the GASB from on-high since the meeting, so why couldn't it just have waited until the Trust elections were over?
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:32 am

Nick wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Nick wrote:

Quite.

If you were being conspiratorial, you might say that it all feels like some sideshow with bright flashing lights and giant wavey hands designed to distract attention away from The Trust.

Remember when complaints were made about the timing of this meeting in relation to the Trust elections? Correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to have been anything further about the GASB from on-high since the meeting, so why couldn't it just have waited until the Trust elections were over?

Read my mind, Nick.

Re Tony, I think he'd be very much his own man. That would be good in many ways - very many ways - but I'm yet to be convinced that he'd represent anybody else, unless by coincidence.
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:46 am

Tony does sound like an interesting candidate.

I see that JonB is interested in standing too. I would certainly back him - he is an ex colleague of mine and he is a good bloke. Very honest and someone with the utmost integrity.

John Petrie - not for me thanks. A bit too sanctimonious in his online ramblings. But he might be different in REAL life and thats what counts.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:55 am

Would be interesting to ask Tony how he intends to gauge the feelings of TRUE fans from his regular spot in the Business Lounge.
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:00 am

Jon B would get my vote as would Tony if the Pres wasnt openly advocating his, no hang its OK as he's advocating him as 'Webby' not the President. Suspect .John Petrie is a jumped up irksome student, who hero worships Chris Webb.However I suspect I'm not alone in thinking that and therefore he hasnt got a chance.
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 am

Yes, TonyC is certainly interesting, intelligent and eloquent. I may share a number of his outlooks on life but certainly not his politics. His "platform" appears to be one of ensuring that the extra benefits accruing to season-ticket holders are ensured. I just don't see how the STH Group he is proposing can be anything other than a self-interest group. In that sense it would be divisive. The others have at least the potential to include all the fans.

And why on earth has the relevant thread been locked!?
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:43 am

Rickler wrote:
Well the irony of Pasoti’s Mr. Cholwell turning out to be Mr. Hooper doesn’t seemed to have fazed anyone on Pasoti. It seems if you are a ‘real’ friend it doesn’t matter what you call yourself, as evidenced by the so far unmentioned U Turn of epic proportions by ‘Ian Newell’ who has now turned himself back into ‘IJN’ yet again! Or maybe he deleted himself accidently once more for the umpteenth time?

Those of us who know Tony, knew he was Tony Hooper, it wasn't hidden or anything. People just assumed Cholwell was his name and didn't question it. It really doesn't matter! Some changed to their real names on Pasoti, some didn't.
You seem a little fixated with Ian. Everyone knows IJN is Ian Newell, whether he wants his initials or his name is up to him, don't see why it bothers you to be honest..

Back on topic.. I will be voting Tony, he's smart, likes to ask the awkward questions, and very stubborn. John Petrie is also going to get my vote, clever switched on guy, opinionated, not afraid to question, very different to Tony in his views. I think that's healthy, we need a few people fom different ends of the scale.
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:50 am

In this order, Jon B, TC. John Petrie I find very patronising and far far away from my opinion on most issues.
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:58 am

I would never vote for Tony for all sort of reasons. Charming ? yes, certainly, and he stands up for what he believes in, but some issues in life are just a bridge too far for me.
And independent of what ?... individual even ..... they're all independent apart from the supporters' association rep and the Trust rep.

I agree with Frank. John B would be my choice given my years of people watching online.
Andy Symons would be my choice in political terms and awkward questions ability.

And John Petrie wouldn't get my vote in a duck race.
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Jon B for me, comes accross a thoughtful intelligent poster, who isnt always appreciated on pasoti. Not interested in voting TC really, it would eb a protest vote, nothing more. And John Petrie? Seriously? His posts are generally infantile rants, a definate no from me!
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:05 pm

I had no idea Tony Cholwell wasn't is real name . Well well .
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:07 pm

I always thought you were a bit slow on the uptake GG jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Peggy wrote:
Nick wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Nick wrote:

Quite.

Read my mind, Nick.

Re Tony, I think he'd be very much his own man. That would be good in many ways - very many ways - but I'm yet to be convinced that he'd represent anybody else, unless by coincidence.

And he remains a Flat Earther at heart. According to Tony, nobody would want to buy Argyle ever, for football reasons.

We missed the chance to find out in 2007 because we didn't try.It might be some time before we become a potentially attractive proposition again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

I see that JonB is interested in standing too. I would certainly back him - he is an ex colleague of mine and he is a good bloke. Very honest and someone with the utmost integrity.

John Petrie - not for me thanks. A bit too sanctimonious in his online ramblings. But he might be different in REAL life and thats what counts.

Petrie sounds like a tw@t.
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Amazing you need to attack someone merely based on their posting style . You do yourself no favours .
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 pm

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Amazing you need to attack someone merely based on their posting style . You do yourself no favours .

Attack ? Just said he sounds like a tw@t, in my opinion of course. I've received far worse for recommending not to Trust in Stapes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:59 pm

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

And of course that never happens on the farm
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:

Those of us who know Tony, knew he was Tony Hooper, it wasn't hidden or anything. People just assumed Cholwell was his name and didn't question it. It really doesn't matter! Some changed to their real names on Pasoti, some didn't.

Well, I "fell" for it too... if you use a nickname that looks like a name, and people you meet at matches or elsewhere call him Tony Cholwell, why would you think differently?

I enjoy chatting to Tony, and usually learn something from doing so. Just not his real last name!
Back to top Go down

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:03 pm

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

He only said he "sounds like a tw@t". He might be a really really great guy in the REAL life we all hear about. I personally am a freak and don't have any life outside ATD, I sit here chained to my PC with 2 windows active, one to view PASOTI, the other with ATD ready to snipe over somebody buying a flag or setting up yet another supporters group.

Actually I don't, I was being silly. I just don't believe spending all your disposable income on Plymouth Argyle makes you a better person in any, way shape or form.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Grumpy wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

And of course that never happens on the farm

Ahhh yes. The 'you do yourself no favours' line. I remember it well.

'Stop telling us things we don't want to hear Tringy. Enjoy the ride and toe the party line. You wouldn't believe how much grief we mods get with people complaining about your postings.'
jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Bogsider wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

He only said he "sounds like a tw@t". He might be a really really great guy in the REAL life we all hear about. I personally am a freak and don't have any life outside ATD, I sit here chained to my PC with 2 windows active, one to view PASOTI, the other with ATD ready to snipe over somebody buying a flag or setting up yet another supporters group.

Actually I don't, I was being silly. I just don't believe spending all your disposable income on Plymouth Argyle makes you a better person in any, way shape or form.

Think it makes you a bit of a tw@t............... imo of course.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:16 pm

I don't think it is a matter of who to vote for but whether or not to vote at all. I don't understand why there needs to be a GASboard given that there is a Trust already and the sole purpose of its existence is to provide a voice for fans. The more votes cast in a GASboard election then the stronger it gets and in turn the easier it will be to ignore the Trust.

Never mind the intricacies involved. Will people be able to choose one candidate or more, for example?

I much prefer the Trust as a voice for the fans and the complete separation that exists between the Trust and the club to this halfway house of a club sanctioned and organised body that is supposed to speak for the fans.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

Vote Tony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote Tony!   Vote Tony! Empty

Back to top Go down

Vote Tony!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next