PostSubject: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Status Quo legend

2016 claims yet another one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 5:12 pm

Good lord,they're dropping like flies and most seem to be relatively young,68 is no sort of age to go.RIP Rick,always enjoyed listening to a bit of Quo at certain times.
Back to top Go down

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Very sad news. RIP Rick
Back to top Go down

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 5:43 pm

68, no age to go ? it is in my family. We've all been fed a line we'll be skipping in the fields when we're in our 70s and after. Not true.
Saw them a few times by accident, the most memorable being Knebworth at the last Queen tour. They couldn't compete with the main billing that day. Loved pictures of matchstick men, but then it all went a bit too South and milking parlour for me.
He had a good life. Came over as a nice man. RIP, no rent to pay.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 6:04 pm

beesrus wrote:
68, no age to go ? it is in my family. We've all been fed a line we'll be skipping in the fields when we're in our 70s and after. Not true.
Saw them a few times by accident, the most memorable being Knebworth at the last Queen tour.   They couldn't compete with the main billing that day. Loved pictures of matchstick men, but then it all went a bit too South and milking parlour for me.

Sorry,didn't know the details of the longevity or otherwise of your family.I was just going by the fact that the average life span of a UK male these days seems to be 81 years,which makes Rick's demise rather untimely and premature according to my admittedly limited Mathematical talents.Never mind,happy xmas to you and your family,hope you all survive the night.And well beyond, of course.
Back to top Go down

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 6:22 pm

That's a real gutter, Quo's a proper rock group, not like the dross around these days

RIP Rick
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Living on an Island, Margarita Time - that kind of proper rock group?
Back to top Go down

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Quo were the first band I ever saw live - 1981. They were, to my delicate teenage ears, unbelievable loud and yes, a proper rock group (grab yourself a copy of Piledriver if you want that confirming).

Mind you, later that same year I saw Motorhead for the first time, and realised that Quo had been like a string quartet compared that particular assault on my eardrums.
Back to top Go down

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 11:07 pm

Listen to their version of Roadhouse blues, which was the song that basically turned a light on for them. They basically repeated that for the next 40 odd years and they turned into a bit of a cartoon act

Back to top Go down

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Despite largely being The sideman for Francis Rossi, Parfitt wrote a tune or two and could sing a bit.

A gentle ballad

Or this Deep Purple like number

Back to top Go down

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 10:18 pm

beesrus wrote:
Saw them a few times by accident, the most memorable being Knebworth at the last Queen tour.   They couldn't compete with the main billing that day. Loved pictures of matchstick men, but then it all went a bit too South and milking parlour for me.
That Knebworth gig was a beauty!
Queen, Big Country, Status Quo.

And Belouis Some to take all the bottles of piss!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rick Parfitt RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Parfitt RIP   Rick Parfitt RIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Rick Parfitt RIP
Page 1 of 1