akagreengull
Les Miserable
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

3rd round draw... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:43 pm

The snag is guys I don't think Liverpool will let Sturridge and Coutinho play for us against them. Those 2 are due on loan Jan 1st. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Just spent 15 minutes rummaging through the kitchen bin and seeing things that TBH i'd rather have never seen again but finally found my ticket from Saturday just in case Argyle get through and the club have some sort of loyalty scheme.Never been to Anfield and wouldn't give a shit if Liverpool scored 10 for a day out like that, which are few and far between for us.Come on Argyle FFS.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Liverpool v Argyle
laugh
Imagine jimmy has jizzed in his pants at the thought of the potential boost to his pension pot.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 8:01 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Just spent 15 minutes rummaging through the kitchen bin and seeing things that TBH i'd rather have never seen again but finally found my ticket from Saturday just in case Argyle get through and the club have some sort of loyalty scheme.Never been to Anfield and wouldn't give a shit if Liverpool scored 10 for a day out like that, which are few and far between for us.Come on Argyle FFS.

If, and that is a big if, Argyle do beat Newport County in the replay, you could say a total of 8,000 would be a good figure to make the trip to Anfield. The tie would generate a lot of interest among the Plymouth based Liverpool fans also (those that do not support or follow Argyle and those that have a small inkling for Argyle, but go to games on a whim, like once in a blue moon), who will no doubt try to get hold of tickets.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 8:02 pm

I can remember seeing Argyle beat Liverpool 4 - 1,  a hat trick for Neil Langman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 8:05 pm

My last memory with Liverpool is them beating us 2-3 (I think) at HP, when George Robertson scored from the halfway line, about 62 or 63
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 pm

I Can see it now the aviva twats going mad and saying stupid shit like if Bournemouth can beat them then we can too lol.

The payday incentive is there to go and beat Newport but lets be real Del Bhey wont see a penny of any potential windfalls that game may bring in it will go elsewhere for sure.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Angry wrote:
I Can see it now the aviva twats going mad and saying stupid shit like if Bournemouth can beat them then we can too lol.

The payday incentive is there to go and beat Newport but lets be real Del Bhey wont see a penny of any potential windfalls that game may bring in it will go elsewhere for sure.

Ah ha yer right there angry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 8:47 pm

Sales of cable ties will go through the roof!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 9:00 pm

Haven't been back to Merseyside since that Cnut Graeme Sharp broke Summerfields leg in the replay at Goodison.

With our current form I doubt I'll have to be returning any time soon. Sad
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Brent has just ejaculated in his trolleys.
I bet he has..nice few bob for mr & mrs potters pension pot..plus all them half & half  scarves for the avivas to keep them quiet...prappppper jizzzzzz fesssst
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Haven't been back to Merseyside since that Cnut Graeme Sharp broke Summerfields leg in the replay at Goodison.

I was there for that one, wasn't it an evening match, late 80s?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 9:46 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Brent has just ejaculated in his trolleys.

As have 98% of that other vile forum.....

Can't bring myself to look at it mate, too much childish excitement and blind overoptimism depresses me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Yeah. Dicked us 4-0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 10:00 pm

It's amazing how many complete planks on pasoti and Freechat are behaving as if we''re already through to the third round. Newport have just as much incentive to beat us, and they probably will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Yep the replay was where the young scousers put in several of the windows of a couple of travel club coaches, despite beating us 4-0!
Bless em.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Newport will go to Liverpool without a doubt, Wesley is a better manager than Adams, though Argyle have the better players than Newport they will be more determined and with home support Wesley will push is players over the line all argo will be left with is the shit ref crap pitch,whine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Homeslice wrote:
It's amazing how many complete planks on pasoti and Freechat are behaving as if we''re already through to the third round. Newport have just as much incentive to beat us, and they probably will.

its sheer arrogance
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 7:16 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Newport will go to Liverpool without a doubt, Wesley is a better manager than Adams, though Argyle have the better players than Newport they will be more determined and with home support Wesley will push is players over the line all argo will be left with is the shit ref crap pitch,whine.

No matter the result, nothing will convince me that Westley is a better manager than Adams.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

No matter the result, nothing will convince me that Westley is a better manager than Adams.
In a one off winner takes all game like this i would rather have Westley as my manager than Adams.
Adams could not motivate or change the pattern of a game against the worst team in the football league who played all but twenty minutes of the game with ten men, Adams has blown it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Angry wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

its sheer arrogance

Totally baseless arrogance at that. Newport fans, however, should be VERY confident of a trip to Anfield next month. And rightly so right too.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 9:35 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Graham's motivational powers seem to be letting him down a bit tonight.It'll be interesting to see if he possesses the "plan B" , "ability to change things tactically" or indeed any of the other qualities outlined in some of the bullshit buzzphrases that seem to abound when football teams lose a game.Good ol' Jose had a good plan B on Sunday-bring Fellaini on,he chops someone down in the box,Bobs yer uncle. lol!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

I went up to watch the Tranmere game a few years back, a minivan load of us did a weekend in Liverpool. Cracking time too, especially the piss-ups on the Friday night and Saturday night (I lost count of how many times the scouse women asked to borrow my mobile or use it to phone someone). As for the result of the game itself, best forgotton.

If Argyle do beat Newport, I would fancy another trip up to Liverpool, it is such an interesting place to visit.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 8:58 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Newport lost again last night (6/12/16), a 2-0 home defeat against Stevenage. They have Morecambe this Saturday coming, followed by Crawley. If they'd lose those two, confidence could be at rock bottom come the replay against Argyle.

I fancy Argyle to clinch the replay 2-1, with a pitch invasion to follow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 4:24 pm

And should we reach the 3rd round...
The match will be on BT Sport on the sunday with a 1.30pm kick off popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd round draw...   3rd round draw... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

3rd round draw...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next