Freathy
Tgwu
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Seen Spencer play 3 times, utter pony imo. Wish him a speedy recovery all the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 7:27 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Seen Spencer play 3 times, utter pony imo. Wish him a speedy recovery all the same.

He's alright as someone to hold the ball up and play someone through but shooting wise he isnt a loss. Goodwillie can go in january he is utter dross.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:48 am

goodwillie was wearing gloves and white boots..enuff said,

Me and Frank B got aviva'd right up jocolor jocolor in the tent thing after the match, Starnes was there with unpolished shoes.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 9:10 am

Didn't see that result coming, and freathy still got his score prediction wrong.
Still feel confident for Tuesdays game, can't imagine Derek was a happy bunny last night, yep Spencer will be a loss.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 9:22 am

Les Miserable wrote:

For a change,must disagree with you there Les.Very clever and hard working player IMHO,no great goal scorer but then neither were people like Trigger or John Sims in years gone by.Argyle will miss his ability to hold the ball up,there was precious little of that yesterday from the two big guys up front,essential that DA gets a similar type in asap although obviously his hands are tied until January.Could be a big blow.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 10:14 am

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

For a change,must disagree with you there Les.Very clever and hard working player IMHO,no great goal scorer but then neither were people like Trigger or John Sims in years gone by.Argyle will miss his ability to hold the ball up,there was precious little of that yesterday from the two big guys up front,essential that DA gets a similar type in asap although obviously his hands are tied until January.Could be a big blow.

As per Skinny, I value your punditry above pretty much everyone else on here, as I said I've only seen him 3 times. Clever I'll give you. Hard working, minimum requirement from any pro imo. No great goalscorer, you can have that one too. It could well be the tactics and formation that Adams deploys at home but I've found him fairly pedestrian and a bit of a 'tempo slower', not always a bad thing I know but I'll readily admit to being a fan of the swashbuckling up and at 'em approach ala Ryan Brunt, particularly at home.

Granted, "utter pony" was a bit strong but it was only 2 hours after the final whistle Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 10:23 am

alannotivvy wrote:

Me and Frank B got aviva'd right up jocolor jocolor in the tent thing after the match, Starnes was there with unpolished shoes.

Shhhh! You know who will be having piglets if he finds out who we spoke to yesterday!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 11:13 am

A bit of a hiding there then and in front of a decent crowd too, oh well, it had to happen sooner or later. A team can't Carry on an unbeaten run forever.

Hope they bounce back against Barnet on Tuesday
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 12:04 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

Who was holding back Knobber, when you two non believers entered the Tent? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Had my sister on the phone last night rubbing it in,as she now lives just outside Grimsby and her grandson is a ST holder there.

On the match goals, 1st goal Carey bad clearance start  it but look at the final cross who was suppose to be marking at the back post Songo'o, the same for the 2nd, The 3rd was down to Luke but again Songo'o stopped for off side before trying to cover.

IMO the first games of the season Songo'o was caught out and we lost them. Why have DA not played Osborne a natural CH, been on the bench for a few games and played for 40mins when needed. If he is fit to be on the bench he should be fit now to start a game.

I see posters on PAFC is agreeing with the above
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 9:36 am

Those of you who hang on to my every word will have noticed a recurring theme in my post-match post: "didn't play that well, other team not at all bad, glad we won but it wasn't convincing" just about sums it up.

Well on Saturday our luck ran out, we were second best from the first minute onwards and we got a deserved gubbing.

That might not be a bad thing, however. Our recent run of excellent results has created some breathing space so we're not mortally wounded.

It's what happens next that matters. Any complacency that may have crept in is now, surely, completely shredded and this just might be the boot up the arse the team needs.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 am

Thanks Frank, been waiting for THE synopsis.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 10:05 am

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 11:01 am

I don't really understand Songo'o playing in defence if they've got Osborne available. Songo'o is too big a miss in midfield and Donaldson isn't up to it as a direct replacement
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 4:52 pm

Watch the injurys come thick & fast now this time of the year..wonder what excuse jimmys gunna give for not pulling up for the 3rd jan window on the trot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Spencer is a massive loss, Garita's ball retention was pants and he looked to be carrying more timber than Reuben ever did, let's hope he can get fit and back to where he was quickly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2