RegGreen
VillageGreen
Tgwu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread Empty
PostSubject: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 6:27 am

Swansea City (23) v Plymouth Argyle

Man in the middle BRENDAN MALONE   Games 16 YELLOWS 55 REDS 2 
(Ref us in 2-nil home win Mansfield)

Assisted by  Brian Durie and Kevin Morris

Fourth Official: Mark Pottage

Swansea News

Coach Cameron Toshack, hope the club's fans will help them progress in the Checkatrade Trophy when they face Plymouth Argyle at the Liberty on Tuesday (7.45pm).

Argyle, the current League Two leaders, are expected to send a strong side to Wales as they bid to book a place in the knockout stages of the competition.

Boss Derek Adams's Plymouth side have lost only once in 16 games - which includes the weekend's FA Cup win at Mansfield Town - ahead of their trip to SA1.

But U23s coach Cameron Toshack hopes a sizeable home crowd can play a part as the Swans youngsters target victory in what is a winner-takes-all group match.

AFC Wimbledon have already qualified from the group, and either the Swans or Plymouth will join them depending on who wins on Tuesday night.

If the game ends in a draw, a penalty shootout will determine who goes through.

Argyle have been in spectacular form of late as they look to go one better than last season, when they lost out on promotion to the third tier courtesy of defeat to AFC Wimbledon in the play-off final.

But the young Swans have also enjoyed a successful campaign to date, and beat another League Two side - Newport County - in their previous Checkatrade Trophy tie

Plymouth are going very well and winning a lot of games,” Toshack added. “It will be a very good challenge for our boys because they will be very competitive and full of confidence.

That said, our boys have also won a lot of games and played some very good football.
It will be interesting to see what the make-up of their team will be, but our lads have faced first-team players in the previous two games in this competition so they should not be in awe.

I think Plymouth will want to progress so will come here with a strong team, and we will welcome that competition. Our players will learn more from that.

Argyle News

Plymouth Argyle are unsure what opposition they will come up against when they play Swansea City Under-23s in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday (7.45pm), assistant boss Craig Brewster has admitted.

However, the Pilgrims have prepared for their third and final Southern Group B game at the Liberty Stadium in the same way as they usually do.

That has included sending chief scout Greg Strong to watch Swansea when they lost 1-0 to Southampton in a Premier League Under-23 Cup clash on Friday.

Swansea have got academy guys they can pick from, they have got first team guys they can pick from and they have got their 23s they can pick from.

These Premier League clubs have big resources and you don't know what sort of team they are going to put out.

At the end of the day, we only concern ourselves with ourselves and try to prepare the boys as best we can.

Under the rules of the revamped and widely criticised EFL Trophy this season, there are penalty shoot-outs when group games end in a draw after 90 minutes.

The winning team picks up two points while the losers get only one, so that could determine whether it is Argyle or Swansea Under-23s who go through to the last 32.

The 21,000-capacity Liberty Stadium is likely to be deserted for the EFL Trophy tie, although some Argyle fans are making the 193-mile trip from Plymouth

Team

What changes will Argyle make, could Karleigh Osborne finally make his argyle debut,will Paul-Arnold Garita and Oscar Threlkeld be fit totake part in this game?

(Info and quotes taken from various websites)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 10:12 am

Will Freathy get this result right?

2- 1 to Argyle for me
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 10:56 am

I hope Argyle can continue the unbeaten run. It is good for confidence.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 11:05 am

Especially if it is the squad players that pulls off a good win.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Rumour as it that Del bhey is not gunna take the chance with garita & threlkeld in tonites game good decision maybe not risking em save em for the league which as got to be our priority
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Is there Radio Comms for this one?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Tgwu wrote:

2- 1  to Argyle for me

Of course I will!

Swansea u16s 2-0 Argo
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 6:23 pm

One to watch tonight

Alex Bray is relishing the opportunity to feature against his former loan club Plymouth Argyle in tonight’s crunch Checkatrade Trophy Group B tie at the Liberty Stadium (7.45pm).

The Bath-born winger, who began his youth career at Swindon Town before making a switch to Swansea City’s Academy in 2010, has featured nine times for the club’s high-flying under-23s this season.

The 21-year-old made his senior debut with the Pilgrims whilst on loan at Home Park in 2014 before a serious injury ruled him out of the game for almost a year-and-a-half.
“I had a great pre-season that year,” he said. “I went to Chicago with the first-team under Gary Monk and featured for them against Chivas and Minnesota United before playing Plymouth in a friendly where we won 4-0.

“It was soon after that John Sheridan – who was manager at the time - came in for me. Looking back I remember I was thrilled to get the opportunity to go on loan with a Football League side.
“I was there for a week, got on well with everyone there, the fans were brilliant, I was loving the opportunity I had been given and things were looking good.
“I made my debut off the bench against Luton, but ten minutes into the match my world in football came crashing down.

“I was running down the line, checked back inside and then I felt something crunch. I knew then that something bad had happened.”

Bray had ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.
Despite a cruel blow which severely disrupted the young player’s career, he still manages to speak positively about his experience at Home Park.

“That’s football. Sometimes you just have to pick yourself up and get going again,” he says.

“I do feel robbed I never got a full chance to play in the Football League on loan, but injuries happen and there will hopefully be other opportunities in my career.”
Since returning to action in Swans colours back in January, Bray has made a number of appearances within the academy, helping last season’s U21s reach the play-offs.

The winger has also been involved in the majority of matches for the U23s this season, including helping them to a 2-1 win over Newport County in the Checkatrade Trophy last month.
The victory helped set up tonight’s winner-takes-all clash against Plymouth, with the victors progressing to the knockout stage of the competition.

“It has been great to have played my part with the Swans over the last ten months,” Bray added.
“Tuesday is such an important game for us. If we win on the night we go into the next round of the competition. If we lose, we are out - very simple.

“No-one expected any academy teams to get through, so it would be good to prove people wrong that young players are good enough to perform on this sort of stage.

“If I get the chance to play I have to prove to the Swansea and Plymouth fans of the player I am. I feel I have definitely improved my game mentally, physically and technically and I just want to prove that to people.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 6:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Why the fcuk are we risking Carey in a game like this?

I don't think I've ever been more ambivalent about Argyle winning a game.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 7:09 pm

Just said the same to the boss (wife) With two league games inside 7 days Sulk
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 8:04 pm

1 down after 12 mins
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 8:14 pm

2 down after 20. Going well
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Maybe not so good for confidence, couldn't easily find a way of streaming the game so watching Chelsea u23 v Oxford utd, still can't work out if Nelson is playing.
Boy Chelsea have some great young players.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 8:34 pm

down to 10 men now
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Tgwu wrote:
down to 10 men now

Good.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Karleigh replaces Ben Purrington, going with 3 at the back

make that a back four again - Sonny at left-back
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Karleigh replaces Ben Purrington

We're fcuked for left backs now. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Could offer Oxford 25k for Nelson.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 9:32 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Could offer Oxford 25k for Nelson.
lol! thats 5k to much les
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 9:56 pm

Chelsea, Oxford game just finished after Chelsea won 13 - 12 on penalties! following 1-1 draw, Curtis took a poor penalty but was very lucky to score.
Anyway back to the more important league on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Is this the begining of the end? will Freathy become the top forecaster?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 10:16 pm

Gutted.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Freathy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

2- 1  to Argyle for me

Of course I will!

Swansea u16s 2-0 Argo
Freathy for President Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 10:43 pm

Freathy knows
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread   Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Chuckle Brother's Trophy Match day thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next