Les Miserable
harvetheslayer
sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Attenance for the Colchester game Empty
PostSubject: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 11:33 am

After the surprise win yesterday according to Freathy and we are on a good unbeaten run, I still think the attenance for this week game against Colchester will be well down from the Portsmouth game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 11:45 am

Would be ten thousand plus if most people belived Argyle had real ambition, so taken into account the Tinpot nature of the club off the field, i reckon eight thousand.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 11:55 am

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 12:11 pm

8.5k tops.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 1:20 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Would be ten thousand plus if most people belived Argyle had real ambition, so taken into account the Tinpot nature of the club off the field, i reckon eight thousand.

Absolutely. After last seasons debacle when the brent factor kicked in after Jan, many will be assuming it will be another case of same old Argo again this season. I certainly don't think this feels like a promotion season.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Yet again yesterday we won a game that for large parts of it, we were comfortably 2nd best. It's a great trait to have, but it's highly unlikely it'll last 46 games. Even with our current position, most bookies still don't think we'll win the league.

Our dependence on Carey doing the business every week - which to be fair, he has so far - is far too strong. Others, especially the strikers, need to start producing the goods on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 3:02 pm

I reckon the crowd against Colchester could break 10, 000.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 3:21 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

I reckon there's more chance of Brent building a magnificent two-tiered stand.

It doesn't really matter that we're top. The Pompey gate would have been similar regardless of how we were doing. But in general and it's still only October, people just can't get excited about 4th division football. If we're still top at Easter, there'll be regular five figure crowds but they won't be happening for nothing teams like Colchester in October.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Lets wind the Clock back twelve months when Jimmy claimed Argyle could not afford a reserve keeper on a shorterm contract, also the January signing of the Donkey Nardiello who turned out to be crocked and crap not forgeting the HHP fiasco.
Three reasons i would say why the public are not yet convinced Argyle are serious about promotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 6:27 pm

it wont be anywhere near the pompey attendance, i feel between 8000-9000 is about right.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 5:45 pm

May get to 9.000 but likely a few less. If there were a new grandstand and the ground as a whole were up to scratch, with the team at the top of the league 5 figure gates would be the norm, in fact anything less than 10k would be a disappointment.

Way to go James.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I reckon there's more chance of Brent building a magnificent two-tiered stand.

It doesn't really matter that we're top. The Pompey gate would have been similar regardless of how we were doing. But in general and it's still only October, people just can't get excited about 4th division football. If we're still top at Easter, there'll be regular five figure crowds but they won't be happening for nothing teams like Colchester in October.

I am hoping to pop along for my first game of the season, so that is one extra to whatever the crowd will be.

I agree with you regardng Easter though.

Just had a look at the last the time we were promoted from this division. The crowds were around the 4,000 to 6,000 up until late January 2002, then they shot up.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attenance for the Colchester game   Attenance for the Colchester game Empty

Back to top Go down

Attenance for the Colchester game
Page 1 of 1