Cerbera
VillageGreen
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United

Man in the middle GAVIN WARD     Games: 10 YELLOWS 33 REDS 1

Mark Pottage and Christopher Ward

Fourth Official Simon Knapp

Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool fans as been allotted 200 tickets for this game,they have been offered the Centenary Lounge on Saturday for broadcasting live commentary of Pools' game at Plymouth.

Carl Magnay ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament during Saturday’s game against Mansfield Town.
The defender hobbled off just before half time in the goalless draw with The Stags,
Unfortunately, it means that he will be out for a minimum of six months but we will work closely with the surgeon after the operation and follow his protocols

One of the best away fans to visit Home Park

Argyle News

Waiting on the scan result on Paul-Arnold Garita hamstring, it will be a bigger lost for us then the Hartlepool one.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 4:17 pm

I think Argyle will win this, I was going to predict 5-0, but opted for 2-0 with Jervis and Bully the scorers.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 1:48 pm

Hartlepool's look on the teams for Saturday game

We take a look at the latest info from both camps ahead of Saturday’s Sky Bet League Two game against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park (3pm kick-off).
Craig Hignett will be without Carl Magnay for the long trip to the South West after it was confirmed that the defender ruptured his cruciate ligament in Saturday’s draw with Mansfield Town.

The Pools boss has a number of options in terms of the full-back positions though, with Jake Carroll and Jordan Richards both vying for a return to the starting eleven.

Rob Jones is still suffering with a hip injury but has been back in light training this week so could travel but Matthew Bates is still likely to be missing as he continues to recover from bone bruising.

Michael Woods is battling with an Achilles problem and will be assessed later in the week, while young keeper Ben Dudzinski is back in training after a knee injury.

Plymouth striker Paul-Arnold Garita is racing against the clock to be fit to face Pools hobbled off with a hamstring problem during last weekend’s Devon Derby win over Exeter City.

However, scans have shown there is no tear to his hamstring which gives him a chance of being in the line-up for Derek Adams’ side on Saturday.

Ben Purrington looks likely to continue at left-back for The Pilgrims this weekend while Gary Sawyer struggles with a stomach muscle strain. Karleigh Osborne remains sidelined with a thigh injury.

(it seems Hartlepool knows more on our injuries then we do) good news if true.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Cerbera

Cerbera

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Count on Nathan Thomas to score (if he plays).

Hopefully another win. 2-1 Carey and Willie.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 6:32 pm

Its sods law it always happens ex player coming back to haunt you...but mite be lucky i think thomas is out injured
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 7:33 am

Chance of an upset here. But having said that I still think Hartlepool will win. Probably 0-2.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 am

RegGreen wrote:
Its sods law it always happens ex player coming back to haunt you...but mite be lucky i think thomas is out injured

Brent Herald

THE former Plymouth Argyle winger, who celebrates his 22nd birthday next week, has made a strong start to the season with Hartlepool.

Thomas and central midfielder Nicky Featherstone are the only two members of the Pools' squad to have started all eight League Two games for them.

He has also scored three goals, including both in Hartlepool's come-from-behind 2-1 win away to Yeovil Town on September 10.

The second one was a spectacular strike from 25 yards in stoppage time and highlighted the attacking threat that he possesses.

Thomas had a stop-and-start time at Argyle under former boss John Sheridan before leaving for a short spell with Scottish Premiership side Motherwell in February 2015.

He later moved to Mansfield Town but it has been since he signed for Hartlepool, in his native north-east of England, in January that Thomas has started to play to a consistently high standard.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 11:26 am

Freathy wrote:
Chance of an upset here.  But having said that I still think Hartlepool will win.  Probably 0-2.

laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Cerbera

Cerbera

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 11:30 am

Don't know where you got he was injured Reg? He's travelling with the squad.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 2:48 pm

From EFL Matchday 9: Five things to look out for

4 Unstoppable Argyle

Plymouth Argyle are currently EFL's form side, having extended their winning streak to six games with victory in the Devon derby against Exeter City last weekend.

Derek Adams' side opened the season with two defeats, but have since put a magnificent run together which sees them at the summit in Sky Bet League Two, two points clear of their closest rivals Doncaster Rovers.

The Pilgrims owe their fine run to their resolute defence; they boast the second-best backline in the division with just six goals conceded, and only two of those have come in their six-game winning run.

Argyle face Hartlepool at Home Park this weekend who, on the contrary, possess the division's leakiest defence.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:05 pm

Hartlepool manger speaks

Craig Hignett has told his players they must embrace the challenge of halting Plymouth Argyle’s winning run when they make the long trip to Home Park on Saturday.
Derek Adams’ league-leaders have won their last seven games in all competitions and another three points this weekend would see them equal a sequence of victories not seen at the club since 1993/94.

However, Pools won last time out on the road at Yeovil Town and also brought home three points from the visit to Argyle’s Devon rivals Exeter City last month.

Now Hignett is determined to build on that encouraging away form by bringing an end to The Pilgrims’ good run – and he believes his players have the ability and organisation to do it.

“I’ve seen Plymouth two or three times and they obviously have quality, they have a way of playing and they’re organised,”

“It will be a tough test for us but not one that is beyond us – I keep saying it, but with the quality we have in the squad we can give anyone a game on our day.

“We’ve been on a few long trips already and come back from Exeter and Yeovil with victories so the away form has been alright – when teams attack us it suits the players and I expect that again on Saturday.

“If they play as open as they have done then we will create chances, just like we have done in every game. Even though it was 0-0 on Saturday we created enough to have won two games.

“We will have to quieten the crowd and we can’t go gung-ho early on but we will have a way we want to play – we’ll be disciplined, hard to play against but we will also cause problems for them.”

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Don't know where you got he was injured Reg? He's travelling with the squad.
i thougt i heard he took a knock last week and was doubtfull to make the game..maybe not if hes fit to travel then
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 10:35 pm

0-1, Nathan Thomas screamer.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 10:52 pm

X Isle wrote:

Unlike Nool... We don't care if he's gay.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 11:01 pm

I miss ejh...

...occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 12:16 am

Plymouth home games

Plymouth have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 1 of the last 4 stagings of this fixture, outscoring their opponents by 8 goals to 2.

Plymouth have scored in 85% of their last 20 home games.

Plymouth have kept a clean sheet in 35% of their last 20 home games.

Hartlepool away

Hartlepool have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 2 of the last 4 stagings of this fixture, being outscored by their opponents by 8 goals to 2.

Hartlepool have scored in 60% of their last 20 away games.

Hartlepool have kept a clean sheet in 15% of their last 20 away games.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 7:19 am

I going for 3-nil home win
Back to top Go down
Cerbera

Cerbera

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 8:03 am

Rickler wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Unlike Nool...  We don't care if he's gay.

Which he definitely isn't.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 8:17 am

Let's keep this thread on football please gentlemen
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 8:35 am

Whoosh...

Screamer=Gay

IJN wrote:

Newell's Thoughts On Homosexuals

I guess I should have used a smiley....

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 9:30 am

I dont need to go to the Match, Pep Pedlars, Brief Synopsis covers everything.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 10:28 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I dont need to go to the Match, Pep Pedlars, Brief Synopsis covers everything.
sponsored by serious bumlicking lol! now thats everythink
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 10:59 am

The northern echo

T’S only been ten games and a little over four months since Hartlepool United last made the haul to Plymouth.

For the 390 miles from Home Park to Victoria Park that May evening, Craig Hignett had plenty to stew over.

His side had been rolled over 5-0, their season ending on a woeful note. It proved the end for some Pools players, released on the back of their ineptitude and attitude that day.

For Hignett, today is a chance to right a few wrongs from that day, but it won’t be part of his pre-match mantra to the players.

“It won't get a mention,’’ he insisted. “At that time there was an end of season feel, one or two of them were on holiday.

“One or two chose to have a day off. Things have changed a lot since then.

“We have got a bigger squad, a better quality one. The football that we play is better.

“We are still finding our way a bit. I don't think we've got as many points as I think we deserve.

“We should have won last Saturday because we created enough chances in the game.

“We got a clean sheet and looked solid - we know we should have won it.’’

The Pilgrims are today seeking an eighth successive win, to level a club record set in 1992.

Top of the table and beaten in last season’s play-off final, they have set the early pace.

Hignett admitted: “It is a good test.

Plymouth are going well and are full of confidence, but we shouldn’t need any motivation to go there and do well.

“It will be tough - we are under no illusions.

“They don't seem to have as much possession as other teams. We will have to be on our mettle. This league is tough, but anybody can go anywhere on any day and beat anyone.

“I am confident with the quality we have got in our squad that we can beat anyone.’’

The return to Home Park comes only weeks after Pools suffered another five-goal defeat on the road, this time at Stevenage when they were whacked 6-1.

Since then they won at Yeovil, a win coming after Pools lined up with three centre-halves. They are unlikely to do that today because of injuries to Matthew Bates and Rob Jones.

Hignett said: “We will do it game by game and see how they play. I will then decide whether we will go that way or not.

“We have got the personnel to do it but at the moment we are probably struggling to do it with Rob's injury.

“It worked well at Yeovil in the first half, then we opened up in the second half.

“We knew we had to do something after Stevenage and it was something I had wanted to do in pre-season but never really got the chance to do it.

“I have got the players to play it. It suits a lot of them. We have played 4-3-3 most of my time here. We played 4-4-2 at the start of the season. We have played three at the back and the diamond.

“My players are really flexible.

“The lads I have got know exactly what they are doing no matter what we play. For me that is good it gives me the chance to set up the team how I want to. It means I don't have to do loads of work on the systems because they know what they are doing.

“This year I will swap it game by game depending on the opposition.’’
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 11:03 am

Pools fans getting close 33mins ago

On route to @Only1Argyle to watch @Official_HUFC latest game in the south west... Just another 88 miles to go.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 11:41 am

I'm going for a tight 2-1 Victory. If the forwards score that would be a bonus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread   Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United  matchday thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Hartlepool United matchday thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next