Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelCannon

PostSubject: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Following a recent meeting, the AFT Board has issued the following statement:

The AFT reaffirms that it exists to be a voice for all the fans of Plymouth Argyle and to ensure that future generations of Argyle fans will always have a club to support.

The AFT welcomes the recent statement from James Brent and the Argyle Board and the increased level of transparency shown. Nevertheless there still remain unanswered questions and ongoing concerns about the Board’s intentions for the future direction of the Club.

The AFT Board, therefore, is in principle in favour of Home Park remaining in Council ownership and restates its commitment to the ACV which it obtained for Home Park at the beginning of the year. In the event that the freehold is purchased by the Club, the AFT will work with all other interested parties to ensure a) the future use of Home Park as a stadium and for football-related purposes, and b) that the ground is not sold on nor remortgaged for commercial gain.

The AFT strongly believes that investment should primarily be focussed on upgrading the grandstand; on improved facilities for fans and in providing funds for Derek Adams so that the team can progress up the football league.

The Open Meeting for all fans, postponed from 10th September, will now take place on Saturday 1st October, following the Yeovil game, at 5.30pm at the Hyde Park Social Club. Admission free, with a pay bar. All Argyle fans are urged to attend to discuss further the situation regarding the freehold, the development of Home Park and the future direction of the Trust.

In the meantime, the AFT will poll its members regarding their priorities for the future development of the ground.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Well done Steely.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Agreed, however, nothing you state above can stop Brent from buying the freehold and then increasing the rent charged to the football club for the use of the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:59 pm

Well done Steely, thanks for the update
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:04 pm

The AFT by your own words are broadly in favour of the Club remaining in Council Ownership.......You then jump to what will happen when Brent does buy the Freehold
Now what do you intend to do to actually facilitate the first sentence I have reproduced.......??

Perfectly polite question
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Agreed, however, nothing you state above can stop Brent from buying the freehold and then increasing the rent charged to the football club for the use of the stadium.

Brent has far bigger plans than doing just that. Some seem to be missing the broader picture here on this freehold purchase....
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:13 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Brent has far bigger plans than doing just that. Some seem to be missing the broader picture here on this freehold purchase....

Enlighten us then.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Enlighten us then.

I was about to reply anyway so will still ask for now that same question to anyone......What (if any) of Brents original Planning Application approvals for the ground still stands at this moment in time......??

To answer you LM I am fully expecting him to develop Home Park naturally for his and Hallets mutual benefit........ I suspect the Grandstand will be refurbished (not rebuilt) but that will be the only upside to a raft of building activity none of which will favour the Club as we know it now.
I can speculate for sure but make no mistake Brent knows exactly what he's going to do and borrowing money against the revalued ground/freehold will happen fairly quickly after his purchase....
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:28 pm

You could well be right harv, time will be the teller.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Planning permission expires if work hasn't started within three years, I think - and wasn't it granted in September / October 2013?

Edit: looks like it was granted in August 2013, so if it is three years it's already expired.

Last edited by Peggy on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:30 pm

May I also congratulate the AFT on realising that it's not worth posting these important matters on anti social media.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Lol, just what I was thinking! I'll be there for this meeting. First game of the season for me. Put the junior DRF back on the bananabus to go home, just incase it gets lively!
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:10 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Lol, just what I was thinking! I'll be there for this meeting. First game of the season for me. Put the junior DRF back on the bananabus to go home, just incase it gets lively!

Pints 'o beer will be flying everywhere based on previous experiences. Keep the yoof out of the meeting for their own protection cheers
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:32 pm

Whys the meeting not at the ground seeing theres a game that day..maybe the the board/club are shitting there pants that theres gunna be more anti brent feeling than expected..having it there in my opinion.could delete the numbers as some people mite not be bothered going as if it was at the ground
Back to top Go down
green_genie

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:34 pm

Peggy wrote:
Planning permission expires if work hasn't started within three years, I think - and wasn't it granted in September / October 2013?

Edit: looks like it was granted in August 2013, so if it is three years it's already expired.

....and the planning permission was for the whole HHP development, not parts of it.

Have the beatings stopped??
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:35 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Pints 'o beer will be flying everywhere based on previous experiences. Keep the yoof out of the meeting for their own protection cheers
The Juniors will be back on the bus, and back to home! I'll be having a soft drink and looking forward to catching up with a few old friends again. The last time they would have seen me would have been Wembley probably. By crikey haven't I 'shrunk' since then!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Like a violet, Beeb! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:56 pm

BBC1 wrote:
LondonGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

The Juniors will be back on the bus, and back to home! I'll be having a soft drink and looking forward to catching up with a few old friends again. The last time they would have seen me would have been Wembley probably. By crikey haven't I 'shrunk' since then!
gotta bring the flares for this one beeb lol well done on drunk thats gotta be 200 days well done beeb keep it up mate Thumbs
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:07 pm

RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
LondonGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

gotta bring the flares for this one beeb lol well done on drunk thats gotta be 200 days well done beeb keep it up mate Thumbs
Day 200 was on Saturday just gone.
At the Little Orchard Cider and Music Festival at Healey's cider farm!
An enjoyable weekend with the family. But challenging at times.
But thinking of the bigger picture.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:13 pm

BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
LondonGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Day 200 was on Saturday just gone.
At the Little Orchard Cider and Music Festival at Healey's cider farm!
An enjoyable weekend with the family. But challenging at times.
But thinking of the bigger picture.
Thanks.
your welcome mate. I know it can be hard as a mate of mine is struggling at the moment to ..but as i said well done beeb keep it up Thumbs
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:40 am

Of course it feeds the thug on the Politburo the knowledge but unfortunately Newell plans major disruption of this meeting (some will say of course) but vicious communications occurred yesterday by PM's and deleted threads yesterday elsewhere in which I was involved....He has sunk lower than his sending of a white feather to a dying man.

Steel Cannon I know we dont see eye to eye over the AFT but just putting you in the picture. You need proper security if you want a proper meeting.

He wants of course to maintain his position beside Brent and its to be seen just how far he will go to stay there
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Cheers for the warning, HTSl. I can assure you that we won't need security but if push comes to shove....I can handle any shoving that needs to be done!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:36 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Cheers for the warning, HTSl. I can assure you that we won't need security but if push comes to shove....I can handle any shoving that needs to be done!

Well the thug has got form and I've politely informed you. It wont have gone unnoticed that its away from Home Park giving license to perform to some avoiding the spotlight that would have been closer within HP.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:06 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Well the thug has got form and I've politely informed you. It wont have gone unnoticed that its away from Home Park giving license to perform to some avoiding the spotlight that would have been closer within HP.
I'll be bringing my camera and phone to capture the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016   

Back to top Go down

STATEMENT FROM THE ARGYLE FANS’ TRUST 15th September 2016
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: