Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness? Empty
PostSubject: Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness?   Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Do you think that anger, dis-compassion and hatred are usually symptoms of weakness? Why or why not?

If you know of any psychological studies into the matter, please post here about them.

Generally speaking, I think that anger, dis-compassion and hatred are signs of weakness and/or the self-perception of weakness.

Namely, I think people get frustrated by their own weakness, which makes them angry, dis-compassionate, and hateful and makes them more likely to resort to violence and other primitive and brutish techniques (not as a form of defense but as a means of offensive attack and control). When a person is socially weak, I believe the person will likely compensate by using the brutish techniques associated with anger, dis-compassion, and hatred.

Additionally, people who believe themselves to be weak will tend to have an inferiority complex, which is notorious for often resulting in excessive aggressiveness as a form of overcompensation, such as in the cliched case of most schoolyard bullies.

In another example, consider the crazy "school shooters" who go to schools to shoot wildly at their classmates and usually kill themselves. Wouldn't you say that that extreme example of vengeful anger, dis-compassion, and hatred is a sign of severe weakness and the pathological self-perception of weakness.

In another example, if you back an animal into a corner, making it feel scared and weak, it will lash out violently and erratically, which in humans would be called anger, dis-compassion, or hatred.

In contrast, wouldn't you say that compassion is generally a sign of strength and clearheadedness ? I would. Martin Luther King Jr. is one of the strongest historical figures I can think of, and I believe he is a great example of how genuine strength enables a person to act on their love and to influence society without resorting to the destructive use of offensive violence and judgmental vengeance associated with anger, dis-compassion and hatred?

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness?   Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 10:29 pm

what's dis c0mpassion you talkin about? init?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness?   Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Danes gone well inelligent aint he?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness?   Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 10:52 pm

I agree anger and hatred are signs of weakness.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness?   Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 10:57 pm

I would say there will be many causes of anger, some of which may be justified and some which may not. I think the distinction you are making is how that anger is expressed, no doubt MLK was angry about Racism, but found a way to express it in a useful way.

One thing I do know is that anger is known to reduce our information processing capabilities - people's decision making and perception are inhibited when they are angry. This might well explain why so many people seem to direct their anger at things other than those responsible for their anger. Just today a load of thugs in Leeds attack a Polish guy. Presumably they are angry about immigration, but rather than do something constructive to try and express their views, they just beat up some guy who has no more control over immigration policy then they do. Same with those riots in London a few years back - express your anger at the police by breaking into Footlocker and stealing some trainers?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness?   Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 11:37 pm

I think those London rioters were probably just opportunistic thieves rather than expressing anger in any meaningful way.

Gandhi. There was another similar to MLK. Once you resort to bullying and intimidation you've lost whatever the cause was.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness?   Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are anger, dis-compassion and hatred symptoms of weakness?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: