The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
John_Lloyd

PostSubject: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:16 pm

A message from the AFT, regarding the planned Open Meeting on Saturday 10th September:-

"In view of the Club response to the Never Again Statements and the forthcoming Fans' Forum on 24th Sept, we've decided that it would be better to reschedule the Open Meeting after the Fans' Forum, when we should have some more information and pointers to the way forward".
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Really, John?

You're running messages for the AFT now?

They aren't up to the job themselves?
Back to top Go down
John_Lloyd

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:35 pm

I was asked to post it on Free Chat and as there was no sign of it yet on here, I posted it here too.

I'm not here to explain or defend or justify it - but it's a sensible decision, in my view.

I'm sure a board member or two will add to this shortly.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:53 pm

Sensible decision to delay?  Yes.

...and thank you for stepping up to the plate.

But that's about it. Asking you to do their work makes the AFT look even more amateur.  Their foes will have a field day with this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:12 am

As hopeless as ever.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:12 am

Just give the bloody ground to Brent for free and be done with it. Farcical pathetic and anything in between......Say its deferred to 2 weeks after the 24th and you have now have just 3 weeks before Brent hands over his cheque already written and awaiting signature
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:28 am

Utter incompetence and proof that the Trust have no intention whatsoever of opposing Brent's purchase of the club.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:31 am

Won't say i'm disappointed with this, as I couldn't make Saturday's meeting and would have been interested in proceedings and a way forward.
Won't be able to make the club's forum on the 24th either, again I have a festival to attend, and that's guaranteed entertainment!!
popcorn
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:31 am

So despite the meeting being planned for a number of months and the never statement being issued a couple of weeks ago , the trust have decided wth 2 days left to go to delay their meeting.

Unbelievable
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:40 am

You can bet your bottom dollar that no one from the Trust will have the balls to come on here and explain their decision.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:47 am

Dont make a lot of difference, they cant do anything anyway.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:03 am

No mention of this on the AFT site or Pasoti, but it is mentioned on ATD and FreeChat.

Thank feck I am not a conspiracy theorist.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:30 am

pepsipete wrote:
Dont make a lot of difference, they WONT do anything anyway.

Corrected for you......
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:05 am

It's probably the right decision.........as long as they use any new information gleaned from the meeting on the 24th to their advantage and respond with both barrels if necessary, whether they will or not remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:09 am

Depends when they plan to reschedule the meeting. Before or after St Jimmy has bough the ground.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:18 am

Leaving it until after any potential purchase date would be the pinnacle of ineptitude.....shorely not raised eyebrow

Out of interest, does anybody know the precise date that Green Jim gets his chance to buy the sweet shop, is it October 1st or later?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:25 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Leaving it until after any potential purchase date would be the pinnacle of ineptitude.....shorely not raised eyebrow

Out of interest, does anybody know the precise date that Green Jim gets his chance to buy the sweet shop, is it October 1st or later?

For whatever reason I believe its the 29th October but happy to be corrected...
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:27 am

Not even a single post/thread on Pasoti no surprise there
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:44 am

John_Lloyd wrote:
I was asked to post it on Free Chat and as there was no sign of it yet on here, I posted it here too.

I'm not here to explain or defend or justify it - but it's a sensible decision, in my view.

I'm sure a board member or two will add to this shortly.

What's your definition of shortly ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:25 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Dont make a lot of difference, they cant do anything anyway.

aint that the truth.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Surely the pinnacle of ineptitude was when they decided, for reasons best known to themselves there was no more point in meeting the chief executive of the clubs whose fans they purport to represent.

Either that or Starnes cut them off and for reasons best to known to themselves the trust made it known it was actually their choice.

It's hard to know which version makes them look worse.

If they delay the meeting till after the freehold purchase which I suspect they might, that's beyond ineptitude it's sabotage
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:51 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Surely the pinnacle of ineptitude was when they decided, for reasons best known to themselves there was no more point in meeting the chief executive of the clubs whose fans they purport to represent.

Either that or Starnes cut them off and for reasons best to known to themselves the trust made it known it was actually their choice.

It's hard to know which version makes them look worse.

I think paragraph two is the correct one, which makes paragraph three the runner up.

I think the trust (quite rightly) had decided it was pretty pointless meeting with Starnes at all.  He was telling them nothing that wasn't given away freely at the fan meetings, and had also decided to cut back on the number of meetings which strongly suggests he thinks he's wasting time at them.  In fact, considering his replies to questions about the Far Post Club, it could be more than suggested that Starnes was on several occasions deliberately misleading the trust!

No wonder the trust made the statement "the meetings had run their course".

The problem is...  If this is the scenario, the trust were totally inept in conveying it to the fan base why they were no longer speaking to the club.   Now they have dug a hole and they have to make a statement about how they are going to engage the club and in what way.   They can't just be a 'booster' on the sidelines telling fans to contact the club directly or write for the AFT Fanzine!

How do they make their way  forward?  I'd like to hear from Bob.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:05 pm

I wonder if they are truly shit or whether this is managed decline?

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:20 am

Over 24hrs later and no word yet on Pasoti about the meeting being delayed.

Has the Trust withdrawn from talking to them as well?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:51 am

Rickler wrote:
Over 24hrs later and no word yet on Pasoti about the meeting being delayed.

Has the Trust withdrawn from talking to them as well?

I think they are scared about what their reaction will be on pasoti. It doesn't matter what is said on here or "Lloyds Vile Facebook Group" as its only freaks and weirdos and not the REAL fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum   

Back to top Go down

AFT Open Meeting - Deferred until after the Fans' Forum
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: