HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chair's update #12

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Phew, turns out nasty Bob did it and Saint James (for he saved us) is the innocent wounded party, who'd have known..........................
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:17 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Phew, turns out nasty Bob did it and Saint James (for he saved us) is the innocent wounded party, who'd have known..........................

Now we're caught between a rock and a hard place........Which Party is being truthful popcorn
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:25 pm

Who sanction these Mr Brent?

The AFT were happy last season to provide an article in each match day programme. That consent has this season been withdrawn by the club. Additionally we have been asked to return the keys we have to the storage area previously provided for AFT equipment and told we now require an official pass.

It back to Peggy days
Back to top Go down
Durnovaria

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:35 pm

Interesting to see what the club statement doesn't say rather than what it does.

If I were Mr Starnes I would be feeling a bit nervous about my future job prospects about now.
Back to top Go down
Angry

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:13 pm

i gather the farm and all its multis are drumming up support for brent and releasing the dogs of wor
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:38 pm

Angry wrote:
i gather the farm and all its multis are drumming up support for brent and releasing the dogs of wor

Postcody wrote:
It's good to read the other side of the story.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Right, this confuses me. Whilst it is possible that the AFT Board may think they've run their length, it would appear quite clearly that the sole reason for the cessation of dialogue is the  Trusts successful ACV application and Brent getting all pissy about it.  

Why bother with the mamby pamby bollocks in the above statement that gives everyone the impression that it's an almost mutual agreement?

I agree it was poorly worded, but in the context of how we all might now see things, Bob's statement that the meetings with Starnes have "run their length", makes sense.

It is obviously now pointless meeting with Starnes as all, as he will be under orders from Brent to say nothing. That would not be far from his previous position in my point of view.

You only need to look at the fiasco of asking him and Brent questions about the FPC to realize this.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:58 pm

As with a number of other instances totally unprofessional from the 'club'. PAFC is turning into a nasty little organisation which seems to be the norm when owned by Brent.

The Trust now have an opportunity. The break from the cosy alliance seems to have been made so let's hope they grow some bollox, develop some teeth and really hold the club/Brent to account.

If they do, their popularity may grow, their numbers may increase, and they may become something that is actually worth supporting.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:56 pm

After all the shit that has been thrown at us for being anti Brent, we have been proven right with our suspicions of him.

Private and public apologies will be accepted.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:09 pm

It's worth remembering that when Martyn Starnes was appointed, he was quite clear that he had an open door policy towards fans - anyone could rock up at Home Park and ask to speak to him, and he'd see them if he was available.

Which makes the 'monthly meetings are excessive' thing seem a bit weak and, well, a cop out.

But anyone who has any sort of memory of Brent's attitude towards the Trust will remember that any time he's been challenged by the Trust, the toys have been thrown out of the pram and the Trust has been excommunicated.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:25 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
"Todays announcement was planned for weeks"......I dont believe it for a single second. Constant grief from ATD has forced the AFT to come clean smartish before the flak became prohibitive in their direction and they were completely exposed...

Of course....you know everything. Completely incorrect, again.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:31 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Rickler wrote:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth-argyle-surprised-after-fans-trust-boycotts-meetings-in-home-park-row/story-29656067-detail/story.html

Attn AFT.

Use the publicity to your advantage!

We absolutely plan to!
Good.
Postey will be using the database to sort out all the snidey phuckers, but bring it on!!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:02 pm

AFT Statement wrote:
The AFT were happy last season to provide an article in each match day programme. That consent has this season been withdrawn by the club. Additionally we have been asked to return the keys we have to the storage area previously provided for AFT equipment and told we now require an official pass.

Surprisingly no mention of the above in the clubs response.

Who to believe? I'm leaning towards the Trust, probably more in hope than anything else, although they've undoubtedly been economical with the truth themselves on occasion.

It's messy but as the old saying goes, you've got to break an egg to eat it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Justanotherfan wrote:

"The calls for transparency are fuelled by the availability of forums such as these on the internet, if we only had the printed word to rely on then no calls on JB for transparency would happen. I pays me money and I watches me football, end of".

In the name of Aviva! give me strength! wake me up when this nightmare is over! jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:18 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Justanotherfan wrote:

"The calls for transparency are fuelled by the availability of forums such as these on the internet, if we only had the printed word to rely on then no calls on JB for transparency would happen. I pays me money and I watches me football, end of".

In the name of Aviva!  give me strength!  wake me up when this nightmare is over! jocolor geek

They aren't even trying any more! Come on Pasoti make your multis believable!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:24 pm

He's real, but is "just another fan" to be rewarded with Directors' box treatment. Remember him thanking the chauffeur for him and three mates having treatment. His username gripped my shit after when he continued to spout such dribble
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:36 pm

What we could do with is a trustworthy lifelong supporter with intimate links to AFT at the highest level but who also has the ear of James Brent to liaise between the two parties and resolve the impasse. Somebody who might be committed to openness and transparency.

Chris Webb wrote:
We feel James Brent taking over the club is all about us having a clean sweep, and someone with as powerful a character as Peter Ridsdale is perhaps not what we need. We want Plymouth Argyle to become a community-based club, underpinned by openness and transparency.

Read more at http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/ridsdale-ll-step-aside-brent-deal-signed/story-13395221-detail/story.html#ZQX8g0BO9GHQLtOg.99

Or this is what Brent said about the PASB (then known as GASB):

From The Herald wrote:
Brent stressed the GASB would be independent of the club. He said: "It will be democratically controlled by the fanbase and they can choose who the directors are." He hopes it will provide 'constructive challenge' and 'alternative views' on a wide range of topics to the Pilgrims' new board.

Read more at http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/brent-fans-voice-club-affairs/story-14436443-detail/story.html#CzTI8iw7QBmd6iwo.99

Look at how far we have come.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Has anyone noticed new pasoti posters, philmeboots and green barmy bill52 and their very pro Brent views. Especially philmeboots, some of his posts are like club statements- I wouldn't be surprised if PMB was Starnes or Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:58 pm

they have club statements written all over them,
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:15 am

Philmeboots/ starnes/ jones on p'bay-
"Given the dialogue that has already taken place and Simon Hallett coming on Passoti to explain his involvement with Argyle even, I hardly think that there are grounds to accuse a lack of transparency. There is a difference between a sharing of everything that is operationally going on with transparency. There has to be a balance otherwise the football club will spend more time communication every minutiae than running itself. It was criticised previously for taking its eye off the ball during the previous regime. It was the AFT that took the decision to withdraw from communications with the club not the other way round. Immature and irresponsible, totally unproductive and surely against its fundamental goals. The club appeared to want to move its liaison with the AFT in proportion to its dialogue with others. Given the AFT's stand in this matter IMO it appears that this action was well justified."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:24 am

Steely, as you are online at the mo.. any news from Brenty boy and his chums.

Some inactive orders have been issued already on the farm.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:57 am

SteelCannon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
"Todays announcement was planned for weeks"......I dont believe it for a single second. Constant grief from ATD has forced the AFT to come clean smartish before the flak became prohibitive in their direction and they were completely exposed...

Of course....you know everything. Completely incorrect, again.

If you say so SC but not surprisingly 8 PM's re the Freechat page say otherwise.......YOU and Bob Foale had every opportunity over the last week when questions were being repeatedly asked of you HERE to say hold on guys a statement will appear on the 25th which will hopefully address all the concerns.....You didn't simple as. Dont ever try to kid a kidder.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:09 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Has anyone noticed new pasoti posters, philmeboots and green barmy bill52 and their very pro Brent views. Especially philmeboots, some of his posts are like club statements- I wouldn't be surprised if PMB was Starnes or Jones.
50 years of following the team.
I'm not too condescending am I? Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   

Back to top Go down

Chair's update #12
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: