HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chair's update #12

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:39 am

Am on my new phone folks so can't 'copy-paste' (yet). This one can't wait until I get home tonight. Please use this link to see the report.

Thanks.

Tony.

http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2016/08/25/aft-chairmans-report-12/
Back to top Go down
green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:45 am

AFT Statement wrote:
AFT Chairman’s Report # 12

On behalf of our one thousand paid up members the elected Board of the Argyle Fans’ Trust were disappointed, when at the end of last season, James Brent refused any further meetings at board level with our Chairman. We were informed that this was as a result of the AFT securing Asset of Community Value status for Home Park and Higher Home Park. This does not prevent Mr. Brent from taking up his option to buy the club later this year for approximately one and a half million pounds, but would mean that any future sale would have to be transparent, with proposed details shared with the AFT and the wider fan base. Transparency was indeed something that James Brent promised the fans when he first took over the club.

The AFT gave PAFC twelve months notice of our intention to apply for ACV status and were told repeatedly from the start that it was not a major issue. Argyle, like over twenty other grounds such as Anfield, Torquay and St. James Park Newcastle, now have this protection. Indeed every club in this country has a Fans’ Trust which tries to work constructively with the owners for the benefit of the supporters. Over the last eighteen months the AFT have bent over backwards to do this via a number of initiatives.

Since Mr. Brent’s decision at the end of April, the club have reconsidered and we since been granted leave to have four meetings a year with the CEO, Martyn Starnes, but have been told that Mr. Brent does not like the AFT ‘holding the club to account’. We strongly feel that the AFT have been resolute in acting as ‘a critical friend’ to PAFC, bringing issues raised by our members and the wider Argyle community to the attention of the board. We have walked a difficult tightrope, upsetting our own members at times for not being seen to challenge the club sufficiently, while upsetting the Argyle Board with some of the issues we have raised.

The AFT were happy last season to provide an article in each match day programme. That consent has this season been withdrawn by the club. Additionally we have been asked to return the keys we have to the storage area previously provided for AFT equipment and told we now require an official pass.

Having established a good track record of working with the club and on behalf of the fans, the AFT Board are both shocked and amazed at Mr. Brent’s actions. This development is all the more disappointing following the appointment of Simon Hallett as a new director who claims to want greater fan participation in our club.

It is therefore with sadness that the Board of the AFT is now withdrawing from any further dialogue with the Board of PAFC while it fails to recognise the need for an open and honest discourse with the democratically elected fans’ representatives. Meanwhile the AFT will continue to campaign both on behalf of its members and the wider Argyle family in the hope that we:
• Can see real investment in our first team squad when it is needed this season
• Decent catering facilities for both home and away fans
• A replacement grandstand that is fit for purpose
• A greater transparency in the way the club is run

Here to help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:51 am

Spot the mistake in paragraph 1 scratch

Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:57 am

We did tell you Brent was a cnut.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:26 am

Not yet on the farm, it is on here and Free chat
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:43 am

Thank you Green Genie for the copy/paste. This phone won't open Word, just keeps doing PDFS and I can't copy from the site page either....sure it's something daft that I'll work out eventually. Oh to have my PC in front of me now. Anyway.....Cheers again.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:44 am

Poor old Jimmy has well and truly thrown his toys out the pram.

Is that because he planned to sell the club on for further profit on the sly and has now been prevented from doing so?

Still, eeeeee saved uzzzz.

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:45 am

And I'm not a PASOTI member. Was banned years ago. If someone would like to post it there...feel free although I'm sure that 'certain people' will soon latch on and post a link.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:54 am

And so it begins.....the AFT now has an opportunity to stop fiddling while Rome burns and fully voice the genuine concerns of some of it's membership and the wider fanbase, if it does I may just talk myself into remaining a member.

I have to wonder about the timing of this release though. Did Miserable force your hand with his persistent questioning over the last 10 days or so concerning the apparent cold shoulder being offered by the club? Cool
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:08 am

Well done AFT, now start ramping up the pressure on Brent and exspose him for what he is.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:11 am

At last it is all out in the open now.

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:24 am

PCC, AFT who will be next to upset poor Jim?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:35 am

seadog wrote:
At last it is all out in the open now.

I was told this about 2 months ago, quite why it's been kept quiet by the AFT for so long is a bit baffling, perhaps attempts at reconciliation were at play?

Either way, it makes Bob's assertion that it was the AFT board that decided to curtail their regular meetings with Starnes look rather silly.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:36 am

PatDunne wrote:
PCC, AFT who will be next to upset poor Jim?

Don't forget Torbay Council Pat!
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 am

Starnes is meant to be at the Senior Greens meeting this afternoon, anyone going ?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:41 am

I knew Les Mis knew something hence the constant posting of the meetings question, seems you smoked out the truth..... I never expected Brent to be 'transparent' but the trust.......

Yep - Torbay council joins Jims hit list.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Brent's behaviour is shameful.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:21 pm

Argyledad on The Future of the Trust wrote:-

I have met with Martyn Starnes on a monthly basis for the last 18 months up to and including May of this year. Frankly, the AFT Board feels that they have run their length. We are now looking to broaden our communication with the club and invite fans to submit questions to the PAFC Board via our website, our fortnightly column in the Herald, our piece in the match day programme, in our bimonthly fanzine and of course direct to P.A.F.C. We shall also be holding an open meeting for fans in the Green Taverners Suite immediately after the Cambridge match at 5 p m on Saturday 10th September.

Right, this confuses me. Whilst it is possible that the AFT Board may think they've run their length, it would appear quite clearly that the sole reason for the cessation of dialogue is the  Trusts successful ACV application and Brent getting all pissy about it.  

Why bother with the mamby pamby bollocks in the above statement that gives everyone the impression that it's an almost mutual agreement?

Brent is a fuckin shystering Cnut who is slowly being exposed by relentless questioning of motives by us all here on ATD and on the Facebook Freechat site. The Trust now have a golden opportunity to adopt a properly critical stance which is now totally vindicated by Brents showing of True Colours.

Do it AFT, NOW.

Or alternatively, continue to pussyfoot around and be taken for mugs.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:40 pm

As an aside, this must be properly embarrassing for the Pasoti hierarchy, because Brent is openly admitting that he isn't happy about being FORCED to show transparency when he sells the Freehold (after he firstly buys it in a couple of months).

The sycophantic Jamboys that have an ounce of nous, need to be very worried about whether they'll be able to lick whoevers arse Brent sells to.

Newell will of course always be able to offer CONTROL over any Pasoti dissent of new owners. That may be enough to keep his snout in the trough. But these will now be worrying times indeed for cnuts like De Lar and our hapless Club Secretary JonB, whose total lack of football administration experience was irrelevant after he excelled himself in the Brent arse kissing stakes.

Then of course you have the fact that yet again ATD is proven to have been right all along about Brents ultimate motives.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:09 pm

Not only is Brent obviously pissed off and giving the AFT and fans the cold shoulder, he has decided to extract his pound of flesh for going against him.

His true colours come shining through.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
As an aside, this must be properly embarrassing for the Pasoti hierarchy, because Brent is openly admitting that he isn't happy about being FORCED to show transparency when he sells the Freehold (after he firstly buys it in a couple of months).

The sycophantic Jamboys that have an ounce of nous, need to be very worried about whether they'll be able to lick whoevers arse Brent sells to.

Newell will of course always be able to offer CONTROL over any Pasoti dissent of new owners. That may be enough to keep his snout in the trough. But these will now be worrying times indeed for cnuts like De Lar and our hapless Club Secretary JonB, whose total lack of football administration experience was irrelevant after he excelled himself in the Brent arse kissing stakes.

Then of course you have the fact that yet again ATD is proven to have been right all along about Brents ultimate motives.
I predict that there will be server problems on a certain website and that serious cleansing will then take place.
Possibly even as bad as a middle eastern hacker getting in again so some threads are sadly lost. forever.
I did see a post from a certain person from the 'upper engine room' who was very sarcastic about the 'city boys'. One would say he was snidey even.
But not a snidey phucker of course. That's saved for me! popcorn
And on that point, I've got plenty of Graze box popcorn for any fallout that might happen over the coming days, but I've planned an active weekend and could do without this distraction! popcorn lol! afro Love popcorn3 :pighug:
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:23 pm

The weak minded nodding donkeys have started

Trev501 wrote:
Perhaps he will if he feels the fanbase are not behind him. There will also be nothing to stop him selling to the highest bidder regardless of their intentions for the club :-(

Yeah heaven forbid we give up our place in the 4th tier of English football

Thomas Edwards wrote:
It's his club, he saved us, it's his money.

Let him get on with it. He doesn't owe the AFT anything, particularly freebies and perks.

Unless the bank sheet is telling us red or he's doing anything illegal leave him to it.

He's a successful businessman and this is one of his ventures.

In how many industries would you expect a say at board level because you didn't like a product?

OF course Brent is a successful businessman with his failed hotels and failed building projects and of course football just like every other industry.

Some people don't deserve oxygen at times

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Clearly huge sanitizing of the thread on The Politburo.......gonna be issues logging in for some tomorrow Pig Pig
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:04 pm

"Todays announcement was planned for weeks"......I dont believe it for a single second. Constant grief from ATD has forced the AFT to come clean smartish before the flak became prohibitive in their direction and they were completely exposed...
Back to top Go down
Angry

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:58 pm

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3272174.aspx

FOLLOWING a statement issued by the Argyle Fans Trust and published on their website on Thursday, August 25, 2016, the club would like to clarify some matters.
· The option to buy the stadium at Home Park sits with ‎Plymouth Argyle Football Club, not with James Brent.

· James Brent has never met regularly with Bob Foale, or any AFT representative; regular meetings have always been, and always intended to have been, between Mr Foale – or an AFT representative – and the club's chief executive Martyn Starnes. The club has felt, for some time, that the monthly meetings were excessive. Last month, the AFT agreed to hold quarterly meetings and it is surprising they no longer wish to do so.

· The operational decisions referred to in the AFT statement were taken by the club's management; they were not, nor should they have been, discussed with James Brent or the Board of Directors.

· Argyle is fortunate to have many great supporters' groups who contribute significantly to the success of the club; the AFT has had more formal access than any of these groups.

· EFL regulation 111 commits clubs to hold at least two fans’ forums in each season to which supporters are to be invited in order to discuss significant issues relating to the club. It is enshrined in the club's Customer Charter that Plymouth Argyle is committed to holding three fans’ forums a year which are open to all fans, and recorded and made available to all those who have an interest, but who cannot attend.

· Plymouth Argyle is surprised that the AFT wishes to cease dialogue with the club, but respects its prerogative to do so.

Plymouth Argyle will not be commenting further on the AFT statement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chair's update #12   

Back to top Go down

Chair's update #12
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: