Share | 

The Future of the Trust

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Come on Bob, Come on Steely, the questions aren't that difficult, you're not being asked to explain string theory.

I asked questions very politely of both and totally ignored. Likewise this Celia on Freechat....
Waste of oxygen the lot of them and totally complicit as someone alluded to earlier
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Still no word on membership figures either which are apparently low.

If that's the case then don't expect to hear anything. Argyledad's been consistent in claiming that membership is growing and is well above 1000. I'd hate to think he's been economical with the truth.

He said to me the membership is "fluid"

I aid "ok, so what's the number now? Or what was the number when you last checked"

I didn't an answer to that.

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:10 pm

OK I've tried to digest a lot of this. For me personally, I always think I won't answer....because whatever I/we put will be wrong. The ACV is a new thing...yet 'everyone's an expert'. We say the ACV will make an impact, someone counters it. We say it won't, someone counters it - citing point 23.3847 of section 7B of some document that makes no sense to anyone and confusing the issue.

Rickler, it was I who corrected the post because what I'd previously posted, admittedly, would have caused confusion so my apologies for that. That's on me.

If we see any questions, whomever sees them will do their best to answer.....but we have to SEE it..and don't therein lies the problem. From what I can see, most regular posters seem to be on here (or other forums) morning noon and night several times every day. At the risk of sounding sarcastic - I'm glad you have the time to spend so much time on forums. I certainly don't but do my best to look in when I can. But it means things will be missed if questions are 'lost' in an entire library of topics and threads. Perhaps it's worth setting up a thread for questions? I don't know. That's not really usual thinking for 'jamboys' and 'wastes of oxygen'. I'm too busy trying to 'be someome' apparently....

All joking aside, nothing is deliberately ignored, but we are sooooo closely scrutinised that we sometimes (depending on the subject) have to agree on what answers we put out...which means getting in touch with each other first. Difficult to do with a full time job and family time to get in. Cut us a little slack, please.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:21 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
OK I've tried to digest a lot of this. For me personally, I always think I won't answer....because whatever I/we put will be wrong. The ACV is a new thing...yet 'everyone's an expert'. We say the ACV will make an impact, someone counters it. We say it won't, someone counters it - citing point 23.3847 of section 7B of some document that makes no sense to anyone and confusing the issue.

Rickler, it was I who corrected the post because what I'd previously posted, admittedly, would have caused confusion so my apologies for that. That's  on me.

If we see any questions, whomever sees them will do their best to answer.....but we have to SEE it..and don't therein lies the problem. From what I can see, most regular posters seem to be on here (or other forums) morning noon and night several times every day. At the risk of sounding sarcastic - I'm glad you have the time to spend so much time on forums. I certainly don't but do my best to look in when I can. But it means things will be missed if questions are 'lost' in an entire library of topics and threads. Perhaps it's worth setting up a thread for questions? I don't know. That's not really usual thinking for 'jamboys' and 'wastes of oxygen'. I'm too busy trying to 'be someome' apparently....

All joking aside, nothing is deliberately ignored, but we are sooooo closely scrutinised that we sometimes  (depending on the subject) have to agree on what answers we put out...which means getting in touch with each other first. Difficult to do with a full time job and family time to get in. Cut us a little slack, please.

Can you email the membership secretary and request a current membership figure. Nothing too complex, just Full, Junior, and Total. It shouldn't take long to do ( conservative estimate, 5 minutes) and if the mem sec is efficient there should be an up to date spreadsheet somewhere with a current figure on it.
There shouldn't be anything to agree, since it'll be a factual answer, yet it does seem to be a question that, despite your assertion, has been 'deliberately ignored'.

Many thanks in advance of your answer.
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Right then ATD members, who wants a seperate thread set up for TRUST questions ?

No reason for them to miss any then is there.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Or when you last had a meet with Starnes?

Bump..... tumbleweed

Bump, bump.

Shorely you know the answer to this one without consulting your fellow board members? Thanks in advance Steely Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Yes this is something I can get. Our current membership secretary is EXCELLENT. Things went off the boil a short while back as I was doing BOTH roles and it was a struggle. It's a task that takes up 20hrs a week and I'm not exaggerating. Coming home from work everyday to find you had membership work to sift through....was getting to a point where I was utilising days off...much to my wife's amusement as you can imagine.

We are looking for someone who can take this work on..so if anyone is able to help....

The Chair does not have access to the membership program. It's usually just the Secretary (myself) and the membership sec. Access is limited to as few people as possible due to the Data Protection Act as it contains names, addresses, phone numbers etc as I'm sure you can imagine.

It's also a case of logging on and running a report. It doesn't just flash up numbers on a home screen, but yes, we can get those numbers. Will get back to you shortly.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Steely, with the greatest respect I don't agree with you when it comes to the Trust answering questions on here. There is more debate and interest about the AFT on here then there is on Pasoti and Facebook combined. I accept that there are some questions that get missed but there are a lot of simple, direct questions that are being ignored. A lot of them have been repeated again and again, and ignored again and again.

The main question from the last 2 days is mine, where I have asked if the AFT know that the ACV doesn't apply to Brent's potential purchase of the ground in October.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Bump..... tumbleweed

Bump, bump.

Shorely you know the answer to this one without consulting your fellow board members?  Thanks in advance Steely Thanks/OK

A Perfectly reasonable question, which ought to be answered easily.

I also think it's reasonable to ask if another one is planned and if there is an agenda in place. I know we aren't supposed to be relying on monthly meetings with him , but I'd hope there is some interaction.

I think it's fair to point out that this forum has always been very supportive of the trust when other forums wouldn't have anything to do with it.

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:04 pm

OK, numbers as of yesterday 20th August.

Adult shareholders = 818
Junior members = 144
TOTAL = 962.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Thanks SC.

Along with many other members of this forum I look forward to seeing answers to the other questions being put by ATD posters.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Bump..... tumbleweed

Bump, bump.

Shorely you know the answer to this one without consulting your fellow board members?  Thanks in advance Steely Thanks/OK

You would think so wouldn't you, sadly that doesn't appear to be the case, but I'll keep asking...
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Bump..... tumbleweed

Bump, bump.

You would think so wouldn't you, sadly that doesn't appear to be the case, but I'll keep asking...

I note SteelCannon was just logged in, and again failed to answer my question, in case there has been a misunderstanding here it is again.....

Fao Argyledad or SteelCannon

Could you please tell us when the AFT last met with Martyn Starnes?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:02 am

Awaiting with interest the above and the answers to my polite question likewise....
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:24 am

As a point of principle I shall continue to ask this question every day until I receive an answer. If it continues to go unanswered my membership will not be renewed and the silence from the AFT representatives will speak volumes.

Fao Argyledad or SteelCannon,

x6.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:29 am

argyl3 wrote:
Trust? What trust?

Exactly I've just called out Tony Cannon on freechat to answer my questions asked. He decided he was in "despair" with the likes of me and others who dont tow the Pig line
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
As a point of principle I shall continue to ask this question every day until I receive an answer. If it continues to go unanswered my membership will not be renewed and the silence from the AFT representatives will speak volumes.

Fao Argyledad or SteelCannon,

x6.

Further to my earlier post today around an hour ago had a set to with him on Freechat. SC that is.....Claims he has no knowledge whatsover of any questions here . When I pointed out yesterdays post about his prevarication over AFT numbers he went desperately quiet and contact ceased

You will get nothing out of these Guys.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:47 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Right then ATD members, who wants a seperate thread set up for TRUST questions ?  

No reason for them to miss any then is there.

Thumbs

Suggest its the only way they simply cant dodge questions anymore. Dedicated thread yes...
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:14 pm

ive posted in the Mod Room for you Harves
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:24 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

Excellent......Here you dont fancy 2 new female mods do you lol! I still aint convinced that they weren't both Nooly stooges on wages.....!!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:39 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Excellent......Here you dont fancy 2 new female mods do you  lol!   I still aint convinced that they weren't both Nooly stooges on wages.....!!

Thanks for the offer Harve but one is enough as it is!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:03 pm

That's a tart you are thinking of MOG

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:05 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Excellent......Here you dont fancy 2 new female mods do you  lol!   I still aint convinced that they weren't both Nooly stooges on wages.....!!

Which one is the female? not seadog
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Tgwu wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Which one is the female? not seadog

No.....Chemical Alison.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:40 pm

Allisonoftivvy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Trust
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next