Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Future of the Trust

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4579
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:04 pm

Half of me wonders how a poorly maintained, litter filled shithole is in anyway an asset to the community. I suppose the pitch looks good.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 46
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:24 pm

I'm guessing from the (lack of any) responses on this thread that the Trust Board are still enjoying their 2 months off.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6322
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Homeslice wrote:
I'm guessing from the (lack of any) responses on this thread that the Trust Board are still enjoying their 2 months off.

Very disappointing. I don't know how they think they are going to attract members or volunteers when they refuse to answer questions and they have no media presence.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle



Posts : 2572
Join date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Webb was neutered as soon as the war was won, because however we view him now he had power and an audience. He was a problem for Brent and had to be bought onside. With him came Newell and Pasoti.

The never again crowd became the I Trust in Stap....Brent crowd.

Since then many good people have served the Trust but only a few in a "critical friend" approach that Webb Mk 1 would have endorsed. Those few were hounded by the lapdogs and have since departed the stage for various reasons.

Webb meanwhile has ironically shown his lack of "trust" by sleeping with the captain's wife and rewarding those Union expenses by campaigning for a Tory whilst allowing himself to be personally endorsed by Ridsdale and Guilfoyle.

We now seem to have a sleeping Trust at best or worst a Trust led by "sleepers" in the agent description.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:16 pm

ArgyleDad is certainly alive and well.

I spotted him in Exeshitter today wearing a nice pair of mint green jeans.  GREEN ARMEEEE Innit
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6762
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:33 am

Rickler wrote:
With all due respect Frannie, Frank Bullitt is not asking for information concerning the ACV, he wants to know specifically if the AFT are aware of the ACV limitations.

Because on facebook the other day, it was plain for all to see (until the comment was deleted) that at least one member of the AFT who is posting info to facebook in a official capacity does not.  Which is rather disturbing when you think about it.

As an aside...  I doubt very much if your "understanding" is correct. I find it hard to believe that any bank is going to have to wait six months before it can do anything.  And even if they do, they can sell to whoever they want to, even if the AFT presented the best deal, the bank would be under no obligation to take it.

Please forgive me for answering a fellow poster's question that nobody else seemed able or willing to.

With all due respect I wouldn't expect you to accept anything I might say without quibbling.

Suffice it to say Banks have to respect the legal process just as everybody else does whether they like it or not.

Unless you know different, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 49
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:44 am

alannotivvy wrote:
ArgyleDad is certainly alive and well.

I spotted him in Exeshitter today wearing a nice pair of mint green jeans.  GREEN ARMEEEE Innit
He can comment on the FB Free Chat page about the Grandstand toilets! popcorn
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4930
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:48 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Rickler wrote:
With all due respect Frannie, Frank Bullitt is not asking for information concerning the ACV, he wants to know specifically if the AFT are aware of the ACV limitations.

Because on facebook the other day, it was plain for all to see (until the comment was deleted) that at least one member of the AFT who is posting info to facebook in a official capacity does not.  Which is rather disturbing when you think about it.

As an aside...  I doubt very much if your "understanding" is correct. I find it hard to believe that any bank is going to have to wait six months before it can do anything.  And even if they do, they can sell to whoever they want to, even if the AFT presented the best deal, the bank would be under no obligation to take it.

Please forgive me for answering a fellow poster's question that nobody else seemed able or willing to.

With all due respect I wouldn't expect you to accept anything I might say without quibbling.

Suffice it to say Banks have to respect the legal process just as everybody else does whether they like it or not.

Unless you know different, of course.


I don't forgive you or your arrogance. Or your need to butt in on every subject when you clearly don't have a clue.

If you read and properly understood the question posed by Frank Bullitt you would have realized the only people who can answer would be board members of the AFT. They are the only ones that know the answer.

Not you, "Got that?"

As for the all the other stuff you sprouted. Pure Waffle.



l
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6762
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:49 pm

Thank you so much for your input. Very helpful to everybody in every way. I'm sure.

I'm told that everything I posted earlier would have been true except for one important detail: the agreement to sell is not exclusively with Argyle but also with Akkeron.

If an Akkeron off-shoot buys the stadium then it is effectively legally separated from the club which would potentially be a tenant with "Akkeron" (in some guise or other) being the landlord.

Only if "Akkeron" shifted ownership would the ACV have any effect.

And banks and other financial bodies remain subservient to the law regardless.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4930
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Thank you so much for your input. Very helpful to everybody in every way. I'm sure.

I'm told that everything I posted earlier would have been true except for one important detail: the agreement to sell is not exclusively with Argyle but also with Akkeron.

If an Akkeron off-shoot buys the stadium then it is effectively legally separated from the club which would potentially be a tenant with "Akkeron" (in some guise or other) being the landlord.

Only if "Akkeron" shifted ownership would the ACV have any effect.

And banks and other financial bodies remain subservient to the law regardless.


All very nice..

But like I said... Nothing at all to do with the question asked.

Duh.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6762
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Whether or not that is the case it remains an an accurate desciption of the situation.

If the point in question was "does AFT know?" then once they have read my post they will if they did not already.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4930
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:


If the point in question was "does AFT know?" then once they have read my post they will if they did not already.

You really don't get it at all do you?

You really are showing your ignorance of the point that is being discussed.

That point being.. It is quite clear that at least one of the AFT board who is posting information on facebook about the ACV had got his information wrong on a very major detail and their 'press release' on the matter regarding the sale of HP is misleading and disingenuous.

That sort of thing is inexcusable.  Leading fans down a garden path and getting hopes up for nothing?

So to make it so even you understand....

Frank Bullitt is asking the AFT if they know, that they are in fact wrong in their beliefs regarding their own ACV!

This is something you cannot answer.  I know you think you can.  But you can't.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4579
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Classic they either DO know and are complicit or DONT know and are inept situation. Or probably both.

I'm wondering if preventing Adolf Harper from joining the board, we missed the real Nool pigeon.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6762
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 am

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:


If the point in question was "does AFT know?" then once they have read my post they will if they did not already.

You really don't get it at all do you?

You really are showing your ignorance of the point that is being discussed.

That point being.. It is quite clear that at least one of the AFT board who is posting information on facebook about the ACV had got his information wrong on a very major detail and their 'press release' on the matter regarding the sale of HP is misleading and disingenuous.

That sort of thing is inexcusable.  Leading fans down a garden path and getting hopes up for nothing?

So to make it so even you understand....

Frank Bullitt is asking the AFT if they know, that they are in fact wrong in their beliefs regarding their own ACV!

This is something you cannot answer.  I know you think you can.  But you can't.

Nice of you to speak for my fellow Frank but I did get his point it's just not my place, as you so rightly assert, to answer it and it doesn't really matter much either way to me.

The wider point does though.

I'm much more concerned about establishing the truth behind what the ACV actually means rather than scoring petty points at somebody's/anybody's expense.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4930
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:58 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:


Nice of you to speak for my fellow Frank but I did get his point it's just not my place, as you so rightly assert, to answer it and it doesn't really matter much either way to me.


Then why did you try?

Especially when it's impossible for you give the answer..

But now we're going around in circles..  It's pretty clear you don't even know what you're saying or doing.

I give up.  You're obviously never going to get it.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6322
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:20 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Can anyone from the AFT confirm that they realise the ACV doesn't apply to Brent's purchase of the ground in October?

Just bumping myself so that the good folk at the AFT don't miss my question when they next visit us.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 46
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:09 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Can anyone from the AFT confirm that they realise the ACV doesn't apply to Brent's purchase of the ground in October?

Just bumping myself so that the good folk at the AFT don't miss my question when they next visit us.

Let's hope you're prepared for the long haul on that one lol!
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6322
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:28 am

November at the earliest I expect.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:14 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Or when you last had a meet with Starnes?


Bump..... tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 10234
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am

I see argyledad was on another site talking about smelly toilets, I thought he would be at home on here.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4579
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:49 am

Still no word on membership figures either which are apparently low.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 46
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:00 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Still no word on membership figures either which are apparently low.

If that's the case then don't expect to hear anything. Argyledad's been consistent in claiming that membership is growing and is well above 1000. I'd hate to think he's been economical with the truth.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:28 am

Homeslice wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Still no word on membership figures either which are apparently low.

If that's the case then don't expect to hear anything. Argyledad's been consistent in claiming that membership is growing and is well above 1000. I'd hate to think he's been economical with the truth.


And not all of those are paying members, which in all honesty is the bottom line.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:34 am

Come on Bob, Come on Steely, the questions aren't that difficult, you're not being asked to explain string theory.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6762
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:55 am

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:


Nice of you to speak for my fellow Frank but I did get his point it's just not my place, as you so rightly assert, to answer it and it doesn't really matter much either way to me.


Then why did you try?

Especially when it's impossible for you give the answer..

But now we're going around in circles..  It's pretty clear you don't even know what you're saying or doing.

I give up.  You're obviously never going to get it.

This has only rumbled on for about 10 years now - aren't you bored with it yet?

I did not even attempt to reply that particular aspect of the question as you so accurately observe, partly because I don't know and have never claimed to but mostly because it is not my place to,  so I'm not sure sure who the one "not getting it is" but it isn't me. Your concerns about AFT on this particular point obviously matter far more to you than they do to me - I'm much more concerned with the future of the club.

Lighten up a bit. You won't drop dead on the spot if you.

You might even enjoy it.

I try pretty hard to ignore your posts; why don't you just ignore mine?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   

Back to top Go down
 
The Future of the Trust
Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: