Share | 

The Future of the Trust

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:53 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Is Bob Foale and Tony Cannon one and the same from this trust.....??  Neither are capable of answering any questions I put to them politely on Freechat. More evasive then Brent and that takes some doing.
No mate. They are 2 separate people, and I've met them both.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:46 am

BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Is Bob Foale and Tony Cannon one and the same from this trust.....??  Neither are capable of answering any questions I put to them politely on Freechat. More evasive then Brent and that takes some doing.

Fair enough in that case neither responded to my direct polite questions on freechat
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:54 am

I notice that there hasn't been a Q&A with Starnes since January. The ACV was granted in February.

Only a conspiracy theorist would think that the two are linked.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:05 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I notice that there hasn't been a Q&A with Starnes since January. The ACV was granted in February.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's all part of a plan to "broaden the dialogue with the club" and not because Starnes can no longer be bothered to waste his time on them, now that they are buying the ground.

Foale wrote:
"This season the AFT would like to broaden its dialogue with the Club. Rather than rely on monthly meetings with the CEO, we want to facilitate more direct interaction with fans. So we are inviting members to direct questions via our website, our article in the match day programme, the AFT fanzine ‘the Grass Is Greener’, our fortnightly Herald column or indeed direct to martyn.starnes@pafc.co.uk"

So you see it's really positive news.

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:17 am

Do you think the Trust are genuinely against Brent buying the ground? I have my doubts.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:22 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Fair enough in that case neither responded to my direct polite questions on freechat
I've seen that you can be polite on there sometimes mate! lol!
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:23 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong. It's all part of a plan to "broaden the dialogue with the club" and not because Starnes can no longer be bothered to waste his time on them, now that they are buying the ground.

Foale wrote:
"This season the AFT would like to broaden its dialogue with the Club. Rather than rely on monthly meetings with the CEO, we want to facilitate more direct interaction with fans. So we are inviting members to direct questions via our website, our article in the match day programme, the AFT fanzine ‘the Grass Is Greener’, our fortnightly Herald column or indeed direct to martyn.starnes@pafc.co.uk"

So you see it's really positive news.
It's a more 'Do it yourself because we can't be arsed approach' by the looks of it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:37 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Do you think the Trust are genuinely against Brent buying the ground? I have my doubts.

I would imagine that the Trust membership is.

The Trust Board probably is.

The Trust Chairman?
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:48 am

Homeslice wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I would imagine that the Trust membership is.

The Trust Board probably is.

The Trust Chairman?
Might be my only visit(s) to Plymouth on football days this season will be when 'Open Forum' meetings and the AGM are held. popcorn
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:36 am

Time to get militant & get some balls what with oldway mansion now gone tits up..i would have fought its time for the trust to up the anti now put some pressure on brent now surely
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:53 am

RegGreen wrote:
Time to get militant & get some balls what with oldway mansion now gone tits up..i would have fought its time for the trust to up the anti now put some pressure on brent now surely
Don't you know it's matchday FFS
Show support for the players and back them to the hilt, 110% or else they might lose the game. sarcasm
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:25 am

BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Show support for the players and back them to the hilt, 110% or else they might lose the game. sarcasm
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:40 am

Ive just put in an order for some more BRENT OUT badges.
Back to top Go down
Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:45 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

Put them on pasoti.......
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:31 am

alannotivvy wrote:
Where do you order your badges from Al?
May need some made up.
#jointheDRFconsortium
Back to top Go down
zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:01 am

[quote="BBC1"]
RegGreen wrote:

What the hell as the Trust got to do with Oldway ?
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:21 am

Oldway is relevant due to the failure of the development and the legal unpleasantness that has surrounded it. We cannot just assume that the same problems won't arise at Argyle.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:19 pm

zyph wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

so the same thing dont happen here & to hold
Charletian of a owner to account
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:23 pm

zyph wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Oldway is quite clearly proof if it were needed of Brents MO. Money disappearing in "fees", bully boy legal tactics and above all a failure despite much hot air to deliver anything whatsoever.

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
zyph wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Oldway is quite clearly proof if it were needed of Brents MO. Money disappearing in "fees", bully boy legal tactics and above all a failure despite much hot air to deliver anything whatsoever.

Rest assured he will up the ante come end of October should anything or anyone stand in his way..... popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Nothing can stand in his way because the agreement is in place and the deal can be done should he so wish.

If it goes ahead all that can be done is that we scrutinise the details - and given that PCC is operating on behalf of the council tax payers of Plymouth the details should be publicly available no matter what James Brent might prefer.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Can anyone from the AFT confirm that they realise the ACV doesn't apply to Brent's purchase of the ground in October?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Or when you last had a meet with Starnes?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Can anyone from the AFT confirm that they realise the ACV doesn't apply to Brent's purchase of the ground in October?

I'm not AFT but the ACV thing only applies going forward to any change of ownership. The PCC/Brent deal was already signed off long before the ACV was thought of and so is excluded. Any subsequent deal change of ownership would activate the full ACV process though.

As I understand it the existing deal allows "Argyle" as a club to buy Home Park so if ownership was then to transfer to another party, say one of Akkeron's subsidiaries, it would kick in.

It would also kick in if Home Park was used to securitise a loan that failed. In normal circumstances ownership of the ground would fall to the lender should default occur but AFT would be able to intervene and if it could present the required cash would be able to assume ownership.

That's how I understand it anyway but I am happy to be corrected if wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:44 pm

With all due respect Frannie, Frank Bullitt is not asking for information concerning the ACV, he wants to know specifically if the AFT are aware of the ACV limitations.

Because on facebook the other day, it was plain for all to see (until the comment was deleted) that at least one member of the AFT who is posting info to facebook in a official capacity does not.  Which is rather disturbing when you think about it.

As an aside...  I doubt very much if your "understanding" is correct. I find it hard to believe that any bank is going to have to wait six months before it can do anything.  And even if they do, they can sell to whoever they want to, even if the AFT presented the best deal, the bank would be under no obligation to take it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Trust
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: