PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:57 am

alannotivvy wrote:
best not say too much, the Guardian reading FB luvvies will start complaining

on a new man vibe, i cooked tea today.  
Pot noodle ain't cooking mate! lol!
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:15 am

Will today be the day that the AFT answer our questions?
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:41 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Maybe we should set up a countdown clock lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:00 am

alannotivvy wrote:
best not say too much, the Guardian reading FB luvvies will start complaining

on a new man vibe, i cooked tea today.  

3 more vicious female attack dogs I have yet to see and told JL so......Water under the bridge now.  Whats the bet we never see them again which will confirm my suspicion
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:08 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

So Steel Cannon/Tony Cannon didn't answer you yesterday....?? Incredible if that is true bearing in mind my conversation with him yesterday
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:21 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

So Steel Cannon/Tony Cannon didn't answer you yesterday....??   Incredible if that is true bearing in mind my conversation with him yesterday

Whilst we all appreciate that the AFT are volunteers who are very busy, and accept that they may not see all the questions that are raised, I can't but help think that they are ducking the ACV question because they know that whatever answer they come up with will reflect badly on them.

Obviously "not answering" shows them in a far better light.

The ACV question has been ducked numerous times on here and Pasoti, and when asked by far more respectable posters than me.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:31 am

Fao Argyledad or SteelCannon,

Could you please tell us when the AFT last met with Martyn Starnes?

x7
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:13 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Whilst I completely understand Frank's and others requests to the Trust for answers to several (not very difficult) questions, I really do think that it is a pointless exercise. Similarly, the Trust is an equally pointless exercise given the current arrangements and the individuals involved on both sides. When it was formed, the Trust had a purpose, quite simply to help save the football club. It contributed to that and, as we know, was used as vehicle for individual advancement. Not the Trust's fault, but after Webby took his 30 pieces and switched sides to his token appointment, the Trust floundered, having no real sense of direction or clue as to what to do next.

Unfortunately that state of affairs has continued to the present day. I had the view that it was supposed to challenge the club with supporter's views and actually hold the club/owner/directors to account - there seems to be have been precious little of that - quite the opposite in fact with the Trust leadership seeming to be unwilling to ask any sort of difficult question.

The fact that there have been a number of changes at the top and on the Committee which has led us to this somewhat cosy alliance with the club indicates that there has been behind the scenes activity until the right members are in the place in the right positions who the club can control.

The Trust had few teeth to begin with, but the opportunity was there to be a robust organisation with a mandate from fans to challenge when necessary and, to be fair, one or two of it's past Chairman/board members have tried to do that. Not now, however, the Trust is a toothless organisation that, in my view has no place as part of the football club. It's taking the supprters money and doing what? In fact, a list of positive achievements would be good. Shouldn't take long to produce.

I'm not a member, never have been. There has been nothing whatsoever to encourage me to join. I really fail to see what good the Trust does apart enabling it's present leadership to have a sense of importance, being 'involved' in PAFC.

Word of advice - an organisation such as the Trust is only as good as it's members. Carry on the same way those members will start to drift away.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:43 am

Its prime function appears to be a fund raising scheme for the club and the Green Taverners

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:56 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Whilst I completely understand Frank's and others requests to the Trust for answers to several (not very difficult) questions, I really do think that it is a pointless exercise. Similarly, the Trust is an equally pointless exercise given the current arrangements and the individuals involved on both sides. When it was formed, the Trust had a purpose, quite simply to help save the football club. It contributed to that and, as we know, was used as vehicle for individual advancement. Not the Trust's fault, but after Webby took his 30 pieces and switched sides to his token appointment, the Trust floundered, having no real sense of direction or clue as to what to do next.

Unfortunately that state of affairs has continued to the present day. I had the view that it was supposed to challenge the club with supporter's views and actually hold the club/owner/directors to account - there seems to be have been precious little of that - quite the opposite in fact with the Trust leadership seeming to be unwilling to ask any sort of difficult question.

The fact that there have been a number of changes at the top and on the Committee which has led us to this somewhat cosy alliance with the club indicates that there has been behind the scenes activity until the right members are in the place in the right positions who the club can control.

The Trust had few teeth to begin with, but the opportunity was there to be a robust organisation with a mandate from fans to challenge when necessary and, to be fair, one or two of it's past Chairman/board members have tried to do that. Not now, however, the Trust is a toothless organisation that, in my view has no place as part of the football club. It's taking the supprters money and doing what? In fact, a list of positive achievements would be good. Shouldn't take long to produce.

I'm not a member, never have been. There has been nothing whatsoever to encourage me to join. I really fail to see what good the Trust does apart enabling it's present leadership to have a sense of importance, being 'involved' in PAFC.

Word of advice - an organisation such as the Trust is only as good as it's members. Carry on the same way those members will start to drift away.

Spot on. Relinquished my membership this year after joining at inception. I actually did some work for them when they were in opposition to the Brent HHP plans but always had my doubts about the long term value of a trust in possibly helping to progress the club in financial terms or having the clout to ask awkward questions and taking appropriate action should no satisfactory answers be forthcoming. What was needed was a truly independent supporters organisation which did not purport to be a "critical friend" in it's relations with the club but instead was prepared to make it's views clear and vociferous on an organised basis on key issues, as has been the case at other clubs. Unfortunately this would not seem to be the way things are done at Plymouth Argyle, a state of affairs which IMHO has partly caused the years of underachievement and acceptance of mediocrity that has so blighted the organisation.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:12 am

Les Miserable wrote:

x7

I'm reading elsewhere that there has been zero dialogue since the ACV was put into place
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:17 am

I see argyledad has just posted on pasoti, so the usual argument of 'not having the time to spend on the internet' won't work this time. It's clearly a case of ignoring ATD(which has the good grace to provide the AFT with it's own section), it's membership and even those of us who are still members of the AFT, unbelievable really, shame on you.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=95897&p=1713395#p1713395
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:29 am

If the AFT aren't having any regular meetings with Martyn Starnes then they've surely lost the critical friend aspect meaning they could be a lot more openly and actively critical of the board in the route they wish to pursue. Would be interesting if that saw their membership increase.

I think a massive lack of volunteers (which has been a problem for years now) means the AFT may well continue its slide downwards. It had been months since I'd seen any 'news' or stuff from board members until I read this thread which is probably enough of a concern in itself.

Difficult to know what to make of it all I think.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:02 pm

If the trust had say 8,000 members it would have a good chance of being listened too...... Sadly, most 'janners' 'only cares about the football', there will be no protest when Brent buys the ground.........
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:46 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Good Post pilgrim
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:54 pm

My next question that I expect the AFT will refuse to answer is whether or not they were told beforehand about Hallett and the other guy joining the board. The reason I ask this is because if the trust are "critical friends" with the club, surely the "friendship" goes both ways and the club would have let the AFT know what was happening.

As it transpired, Bob released his chairmans update a few hours before the club announced the new directors. It made it look like the trust didn't know what was going on.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but a bit of an odd way to treat your "friend".
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:33 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

x7

I'm reading elsewhere that there has been zero dialogue since the ACV was put into place

Well that's what I've been told too, but I'd prefer to hear it straight from the horses mouth(pun half intended)
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 am

Will today be the day?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:42 am

Has anyone used the direct message facility to contact the AFT Board?

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:54 am

x8
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:23 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

x8

I'll ask via Freechat. I know Steel Cannon is on there and probably the other

Done it but SC appears to have blocked me. Obviously doesn't like corresponding....
Back to top Go down
argyledad

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:07 pm

I have met with Martyn Starnes on a monthly basis for the last 18 months up to and including May of this year. Frankly, the AFT Board feels that they have run their length. We are now looking to broaden our communication with the club and invite fans to submit questions to the PAFC Board via our website, our fortnightly column in the Herald, our piece in the match day programme, in our bimonthly fanzine and of course direct to P.A.F.C. We shall also be holding an open meeting for fans in the Green Taverners Suite immediately after the Cambridge match at 5 p m on Saturday 10th September.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:12 pm

argyledad wrote:
I have met with Martyn Starnes on a monthly basis for the last 18 months up to and including May of this year. Frankly, the AFT Board feels that they have run their length. We are now looking to broaden our communication with the club and invite fans to submit questions to the PAFC Board via our website, our fortnightly column in the Herald, our piece in the match day programme, in our bimonthly fanzine and of course direct to P.A.F.C. We shall also be holding an open meeting for fans in the Green Taverners Suite immediately after the Cambridge match at 5 p m on Saturday 10th September.
Bob, apologies I won't be able to make this open meeting.
Do you have any idea of a date for the AGM please, usually held in November?
An early announcement of the date would assist in making arrangements to attend.
Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:21 pm

argyledad wrote:

And Martyn Starnes presumably feels the same?

Anyway thanks for finally responding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Trust   

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Trust
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: