Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Herald column by Bob Foale, chair of The Argyle Fans' Trust

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

PostSubject: Herald column by Bob Foale, chair of The Argyle Fans' Trust   Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:34 am

SEMPER FIDELIS: Excitement at the start of a new season for Plymouth Argyle

New Season; New Hope:

I don't know about you, but after 54 years of following Argyle, I still get just as excited about the first game of a new season as when I was a little boy.

Promotion as champions, leaving us one step away from a return to the Championship seems a real possibility.

OK there are seasons such as 1994/95, when we were trounced 5-1 in each of our two opening home fixtures, but there are also those magical glory years that end in promotion or contain great cup runs.

That's why I still experience that tingle of anticipation at this time of year.

Annual Survey of Fans:

This year's close-season survey elicited a record response from 1,135 fans. While, in most cases, views are similar to previous years', there are nevertheless some interesting changes to note.

The AFT played a key role in the discussions on this season's kit and it is pleasing to see that the new designs have been so favourably welcomed.

We are similarly pleased that Derek Adams and the first team scored highly, despite the playoff failure.

While there are some good improvements in several areas of the club's operations, such as marketing, communication, the shop and social media, fans' view of the stewards has seen a further decline.

Refreshment provision has improved slightly, but from a very low base.

Perhaps the most interesting finding is that just over 50% of respondents want the Board to take up its option to purchase the freehold of Home Park from Plymouth City Council.

The Trust's stated aim is to protect the site for the future to ensure that there will always be a football club for generations of Argyle fans to support.

We therefore remain committed to the current status of the Home Park land and buildings as an Asset of Community Value.

African Youth Players:

We have received an appeal for help to enable 10 promising under-16 African footballers to benefit from working with Kevin Hodges' Youth Academy and the University of St Mark and St John. .

Five are Kenyans from a youth project in London and five Ghanaians supported by the official Plymouth-Ghana Link.

Plymouth Citybus will provide free bus passes and Plymouth University have offered accommodation at £100 per player per week.

Marjon's fitness evaluation testing and Knight Scientific's testing will also help the boys.

If you would like to help sponsor one of these young footballers, it would be great for them and maybe, in the long term, Argyle.

The views expressed in these columns are those of the individual writer and not necessarily the Argyle Fans' Trust.
Back to top Go down
vincent_vega

PostSubject: Re: Herald column by Bob Foale, chair of The Argyle Fans' Trust   Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:22 pm

As Hawksbee and Jacobs say - what a waste of ink
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: Herald column by Bob Foale, chair of The Argyle Fans' Trust   Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:57 am

Whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald column by Bob Foale, chair of The Argyle Fans' Trust   Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:30 am

I cannot bring myself to read it, could someone else and answer me if its just more of the same... tame, dont rock the boat, sycophantic horse shit?

Oh James, James pleeeeaaase build us a new bus shelter stand - we dont need a supporters bar, build that bus shelter already
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: Herald column by Bob Foale, chair of The Argyle Fans' Trust   Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:48 am

How's about they get the Trust website up to date with the minutes of the board meetings eh? cyclops
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Herald column by Bob Foale, chair of The Argyle Fans' Trust   Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Update the website you most be joking . The trust are to busy having there summerbreak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herald column by Bob Foale, chair of The Argyle Fans' Trust   

Back to top Go down

Herald column by Bob Foale, chair of The Argyle Fans' Trust
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: