AuthorMessage
Elias

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:56 pm

6k defecit ??????
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:06 pm

I think it's perfectly clear what they're doing - becoming a completely useless organisation that will not challenge the club in any way. I wonder who has decided that course of action?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:43 pm

argyledad wrote:
How quickly we forget. During the summer break / close season the AFT have worked with John Lloyd to undertake the most comprehensive consultation ever held regarding our club. To quote John: "With a 24% increase in participation and a record 1135 respondents this year, the Close Season Survey continues to be the largest independently sourced sample of the Green Army's views on all things Argyle".

I don't think you even put the survey on your website until you were reminded not far off the deadline.
Did the AFT even send an email out to members reminding them about the survey?

Did anyone get one?  I didn't, but then again I resigned my membership recently.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:08 am

argyledad wrote:
I have had no conversations with the GT's Rickler. From day one the AFT offered to run with the idea of a replacement Far Post Club. The club declined our offer and instead entrusted the GTs with this project. When the AFT questioned the progress on this initiative we were originally told that a planning application had been made. This turned out to be FALSE INFORMATION and as far as we are aware no successful application has yet to be made.

Your words enhanced. When I pulled you up a couple months ago with those exact words you claimed that was not the way to move forward on an approach to Starnes.
Pleased to see you now agree the application was a crock of shit...
Back to top Go down
green_genie

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:15 am

For (lack of) clarity.

The original application on 12/4 believed to be for nou FPC was made by PAFC.

Two subsequent applications were made on 25/7 by Gary McGuire of GT's. One is for Harper's Field and presumably is for the fencing and the other is for Home Park, which as an educated guess could be retrospective application for the GT Marquee, which has no vaild planning at present.

All three of these applications have yet to be validated
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:25 am

With respect to Mr McGuire, this really shouldn't be a part of his remit.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Frank the Bigot and Balham Green suspended on the Pasoti version of this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Frank the Bigot and Balham Green suspended on the Pasoti version of this thread.
Saw that.
And another exorcet from Graham Clark.
Somethings not right about all this.... red card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

No explanation given on the Banned, Suspended or Restricted Users forum. Very odd.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Surely not for those mild comments alone.....??
Would have thought Porky needed every single member of a rapidly diminishing and imploding website
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Bully boy Nools latest tactic is to call rebels miserable sods then intimidate them with threats of a few days off if they persist with anything slightly Anti Jimmy!....... its Nools Trainset after all Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elias

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Imagine frankie boy on here lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:16 pm

Elias wrote:
Imagine frankie boy on here lol

He wouldn't come within a million web pages of this place, he knows what sort of reception he'd get. I think it's fair to say that one of the things that unites us all on here is our revulsion at his repulsive views.

ATD's finest hour was its campaign to prevent Fascist Frank from gaining a seat on the AFT Board.
Back to top Go down
argyledad

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:40 pm

The Royal British Legion shirt sponsorship for season 2014 – 2015 was an initiative taken by the previous board. Only one member of that board remained in season 2015 - 2016. This initiative was never supported by AFT membership donations. Rather, funds were raised by selling the added value of the Club sponsorship package, fundraising events and donations to the "Shirt Pot". The outstanding balance owed to one individual is £1,500. The position of the current board is that while we did not agree to the terms set out in this agreement and were not party to it, we still feel that there is an AFT Board obligation to try and make good these payments. Again, any further repayment of this remaining sum will not be made using subscriptions from our membership, which last season topped over one thousand members. Indeed the underwriters remain committed to the AFT and have agreed to wipe out £50 of this debt for every new member we manage to attract.   
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:00 pm

And the poppy shirts are popular at raising money on a certain site. :pighug:
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:38 pm

argyledad wrote:
The Royal British Legion shirt sponsorship for season 2014 – 2015 was an initiative taken by the previous board. Only one member of that board remained in season 2015 - 2016. This initiative was never supported by AFT membership donations. Rather, funds were raised by selling the added value of the Club sponsorship package, fundraising events and donations to the "Shirt Pot". The outstanding balance owed to one individual is £1,500. The position of the current board is that while we did not agree to the terms set out in this agreement and were not party to it, we still feel that there is an AFT Board obligation to try and make good these payments. Again, any further repayment of this remaining sum will not be made using subscriptions from our membership, which last season topped over one thousand members. Indeed the underwriters remain committed to the AFT and have agreed to wipe out £50 of this debt for every new member we manage to attract.   

Whilst you make extremely clear (in bold just in case we can't read normal characters - if I didn't know differently you were a teacher in a past life and bold is like a virtual red pen) that you weren't part of the decision making process I still can't think why anyone would agree to pay a football club money to advertise a charity.

AFT to JB: "We think it would be a great idea, given the club's and City's connections to the military to publicise the British Legion Poppy appeal on the club's shirts"

JB: "Yes, a fantastic idea and a great cause. That will be £15k to monetise an opportunity we weren't even promoting anyway"

AFT: "Sorry, you want payment.....? Other clubs have allowed charities to publicise for free?"

JB: "Sorry, 15k. We have to be sustainable don't you know"

AFT: "Sounds fair......can we have an invoice?"

JB: "Gazza tells me you don't like invoices so is verbal okay?"

I think Postey and Porky are a good bellweather with regards to the Trust. If they're not moaning then the Trust isn't active enough....and they are not moaning.

Is anyone ever going to try and up the ante with Starnes, Slasher and Brent?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Only the Latvians so far.

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Seadog - that was a genius comment
Back to top Go down
argyledad

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Glad you got the point Dick, but that's the history lesson. I would not have committed that sum of money to a shirt sponsorship and neither would you. Fact is the previous board did and whoever picks up the chair has to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:07 pm

seadog wrote:
Only the Latvians so far.

LIKE - where are the like buttons for forums!!!????
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:17 pm

To be fair, even handed and 'transparent' your bit about invoices is well worth a chortle....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Any chance that some of the other questions posed on this thread could be answered? Membership numbers? Ricklers questions about the survey? Anything? Or should we label Argyledad as missing inaction.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Any chance that some of the other questions posed on this thread could be answered? Membership numbers? Ricklers questions about the survey? Anything? Or should we label Argyledad as missing inaction.

After 2 months off, I expect he needs to ease himself in.

Has anyone else noticed that the trust has got a Cannan and a foale?
Back to top Go down
argyledad

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi Homeslice. I already answered the question on membership in my last thread. While I would not want to try and steal any of John's thunder on the survey, he would be the first to tell you that Celia as secretary and myself as chair were in regular contact with him before, during and after the survey took place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:26 pm

argyledad wrote:
Hi Homeslice.  I already answered the question on membership in my last thread. While I would not want to try and steal any of John's thunder on the survey, he would be the first to tell you that Celia as secretary and myself as chair were in regular contact with him before, during and after the survey took place.

Can you provide a link to the page with the current membership numbers on them because I can't see it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chirman's Update # 11   

Back to top Go down

AFT Chirman's Update # 11
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: