The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract  Empty
PostSubject: Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract    Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:45 pm

Kelvin Mellor has become Blackpool's fifth signing of the summer, after turning down a new deal at Plymouth Argyle.

The right-back, 25, has agreed an initial one-year contract at Bloomfield Road, with the option of a further year.

Born in Crewe, he moves back up north following two seasons with Argyle where he has made 92 appearances, including 49 last season en route to the League Two play-off final.

Prior to his time at Home Park he spent six years with his home town side and achieved promotion from League Two with them in 2012, as well as a Football League Trophy success a year later.

"I can't wait to get started now. I hope to bring a lot of energy and determination to the team. I love to win so let's make that happen. Hopefully we can do something this season," Mellor said.

His arrival at the club follows on from Andy Taylor since the start of pre-season training and he's an addition that adds experience to the right side of defence.

"Kelvin is an attacking full-back with bundles of energy and I'm looking forward to working with him," manager Gary Bowyer said. "He's trained with us for a couple of days now and knows what's required to be successful in this division
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract    Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:01 pm

Out will come all the ''Ee waz rubbish and cost us goals and was the weak link'' or ''Ee cost us promotion'' IMO he was the chosen one last season to receive abuse no matter how the team was doing or how others were playing. We all accept that DA is the real biz and so if Mellor played 49 games under DA then that's enough for me. He made mistakes, but then so did Nelson, Mellor, McC and the strikers who missed a number of ''easier to score chances''. Good luck to the lad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract    Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:00 pm

tigertony wrote:
Out will come all the ''Ee waz rubbish and cost us goals and was the weak link'' or ''Ee cost us promotion'' IMO he was the chosen one last season to receive abuse no matter how the team was doing or how others were playing. We all accept that DA is the real biz and so if Mellor played 49 games under DA then that's enough for me. He made mistakes, but then so did Nelson, Mellor, McC and the strikers who missed a number of ''easier to score chances''. Good luck to the lad.

He was all that and more tony, he wont get any thanks and good lucks from me. Glad he did the decent thing and turned down our offer to go play for that batshit crazy club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract    Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:19 pm

I really thought he as a decent player but last season he was erratic as hell - jog on Kelv!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract    Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:21 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
I really thought he as a decent player but last season he was erratic as hell - jog on Kelv!!

He was as a wing back when we played 352 but in the 4231 he was awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract    Mellor Pens Blackpool Contract  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1