Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Labour Party Meltdown...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5160
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:38 am

What a shambolic, vile 'party'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2183
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Watching PMQ's - hilarious! Who is the dark haired female MP over DC's left shoulder? Scrubs up OK. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7821
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
What a shambolic, vile 'party'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


The saddest thing is that this country desperately needs a credible opposition to hold the sitting party to account on various issues.

Whatever your politics, that needs to happen for the country to be kept on the front foot.

Labour, under Corbyn, are laughably shambolic. You don't get the best of their Party in a Shadow Cabinet - you get to choose from the ever-shrinking minority of loons like McDonnell. At the current rate of dissent, the Shadow Cabinet will soon quite literally pick itself, because it becomes even more farcical if Corbyn chooses MP's who have no faith in the bloke.

Utter shambles.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5160
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
What a shambolic, vile 'party'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


The saddest thing is that this country desperately needs a credible opposition to hold the sitting party to account on various issues.

Whatever your politics, that needs to happen for the country to be kept on the front foot.

Labour, under Corbyn, are laughably shambolic. You don't get the best of their Party in a Shadow Cabinet - you get to choose from the ever-shrinking minority of loons like McDonnell. At the current rate of dissent, the Shadow Cabinet will soon quite literally pick itself, because it becomes even more farcical if Corbyn chooses MP's who have no faith in the bloke.

Utter shambles.


I agree that Corbyn is useless and Labour as a credible opposition are pretty non existent under him, however, Labour MPs who are attempting to oust him are also on a very sticky wicket. Should they be loyal to the party leader and man who appointed many of them into the shadow cabinet? Should they listen to the wishes of labour party members who appear to be quite heavily in favour of Corbyn? Should they listen to their constituents? or should they ignore all of that and do what they believe to be best for the party, and in many cases their own political careers?

As a non labour voter it's very amusing but probably not in the best interests of the country.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10707
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:07 pm

has the call gone out to get David Milliband back into politics so he can stand as leader yet?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 182
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Angry wrote:
has the call gone out to get David Milliband back into politics so he can stand as leader yet?

I imagine there's plenty of people around who still remember the Miliband brothers using "deed of variation", which changed their father's will posthumously to vastly reduce the amount paid in inheritance tax.

Naughty, naughty boys.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4378
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
has the call gone out to get David Milliband back into politics so he can stand as leader yet?

I imagine there's plenty of people around who still remember the Miliband brothers using "deed of variation", which changed their father's will posthumously to vastly reduce the amount paid in inheritance tax.

Naughty, naughty boys.

You've confused that with YOU remember, I do remember the gutter press labelling their father as a traitor. Easy mistake to make though.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 182
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:13 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
has the call gone out to get David Milliband back into politics so he can stand as leader yet?

I imagine there's plenty of people around who still remember the Miliband brothers using "deed of variation", which changed their father's will posthumously to vastly reduce the amount paid in inheritance tax.

Naughty, naughty boys.

You've confused that with YOU remember, I do remember the gutter press labelling their father as a traitor. Easy mistake to make though.

Just cut the bleedin' crepe! Did the Miliband's use the "deed of variation" after their father's death to reduce the amount they paid in inheritance tax???

Well, DID THEY??? Nah, didn't think you'd admit to that.

As for the gutter press, What d'ya call the Daily Moron? Even after G Broon, Esq had virtually buggered the country, the election day headline in that rag was, "Cometh the hour, cometh the man."

You couldn't make it up!
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 211
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Just cut the bleedin' crepe! Did the Miliband's use the "deed of variation" after their father's death to reduce the amount they paid in inheritance tax???

The answer you're looking for is no. They used the deed to reduce the potential tax liability. And I think that liability would have fallen on his mum, although that's probably a technicality, unless the family really hate each other.

The law caught up with them a little, so by the time it was changed in in the mid noughties there was no advantage to having done what they did. And given that his mum's still alive and the house hasn't been sold outside of the family, I think I'm right in saying that the only tax due was CG when Ed flogged his share, which everyone agrees he paid anyway.

Lesson for the day? Make sure your wills are up to date and tax efficient, especially if your child would like to be PM one day.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 211
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:03 pm

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that DM headline was after Brown's pre-Scottish referendum speech, not the GE, so I'm probably gonna call bullshit on that one too.

As always, happy to be proved wrong. Y'know, with actual evidence, rather than spit-flecked internet rants.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 182
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:35 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Oh, and I'm pretty sure that DM headline was after Brown's pre-Scottish referendum speech, not the GE, so I'm probably gonna call bullshit on that one too.

As always, happy to be proved wrong. Y'know, with actual evidence, rather than spit-flecked internet rants.

Well if the buck stopped with Mrs Miliband I'm betting she didn't go through the whole process behind their backs.

As for the headline in the Mirror Mike, I'm pretty sure it was the start of the 2010 GE.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4378
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 pm

must be some football to talk about by now surely?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7821
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
must be some football to talk about by now surely?

You'd think so, but while this thread limps to its 3rd page, the horror of the EU referendum result steams on to 33 pages. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5160
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Extreme lefties, I presume.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10614
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 67
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Corbyn is honest, peace loving, would tax the wealthy and work for an educated, represented and healthy society.

No wonder most other politicians and the rich despise him.

I see that May is suggesting she'll help 'ordinary' working people despite the fact she supported Cameron & the coke head on every piece of legislation which harmed them.

She clearly fears that Corbyn's message might just begin to resonate , so is saying similar things without having any intention of carrying any of them out.

I fear Labour will split whatever the result and the Tories will be given enough rope to destroy the NHS and the welfare state in general. Only then will the left suddenly become electable again.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5160
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:33 pm

The Eagle has had her wings clipped, two horse race now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7821
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
The Eagle has had her wings clipped, two horse race now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Superficial maybe, but Smith actually looks and talks like someone capable of uniting a Party and putting together some sort of credible opposition to the Tories.

Corbyn looks and acts like an extra from Last of the Summer Wine.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5160
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
The Eagle has had her wings clipped, two horse race now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Superficial maybe, but Smith actually looks and talks like someone capable of uniting a Party and putting together some sort of credible opposition to the Tories.

Corbyn looks and acts like an extra from Last of the Summer Wine.


Ffs!...don't let Green Biro Sir John Penz Winter Hawkins Lord hear you say that.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4378
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:57 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
The Eagle has had her wings clipped, two horse race now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Superficial maybe, but Smith actually looks and talks like someone capable of uniting a Party and putting together some sort of credible opposition to the Tories.

Corbyn looks and acts like an extra from Last of the Summer Wine.

A tired geography teacher that can't control 3B
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 182
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:27 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
The Eagle has had her wings clipped, two horse race now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Corbyn looks and acts like an extra from Last of the Summer Wine.

Nevertheless, he's the leader put where he is by a democratic vote by those fully entitled to do so. The ugly spectre arises once more of certain people doing their level best to maneuver their way around, or to just simply ignore the will of the people. Where have we seen that of late.

Trying to turf him out now could lead to more broken windows and certain MP's getting being deselected by their constituencies.



Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 211
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:14 pm

Corbyn's going to romp home in any election anyway, I suspect. All the Labour MPs are achieving here is to give their own party more time to wallow around in the mud. Very odd. If they are worrying that they'll lose their seat at the next GE, well this public debacle hasn't really helped shore up public opinion, has it? They couldn't bite their lip and break out the I-told-you-so's afterwards? As Tring said, the fact that the Tories are trying to reposition themselves shows that they've already got a twitch on about appearing to give a damn about ordinary people. If Labour shifts to the right, the only difference between the two main parties will be the quality of their tailoring...

Oh, and apologies Hugh - I thought you meant the Mail when you said the Daily Moron. The Mail praising Brown is really hypocritical. Bigging up the Labour leader is what the mirror is there for, after all.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4378
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:20 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Corbyn's going to romp home in any election anyway, I suspect. All the Labour MPs are achieving here is to give their own party more time to wallow around in the mud. Very odd. If they are worrying that they'll lose their seat at the next GE, well this public debacle hasn't really helped shore up public opinion, has it? They couldn't bite their lip and break out the I-told-you-so's afterwards? As Tring said, the fact that the Tories are trying to reposition themselves shows that they've already got a twitch on about appearing to give a damn about ordinary people. If Labour shifts to the right, the only difference between the two main parties will be the quality of their tailoring...

Oh, and apologies Hugh - I thought you meant the Mail when you said the Daily Moron. The Mail praising Brown is really hypocritical. Bigging up the Labour leader is what the mirror is there for, after all.

Funny enough Paul Dacre and Gordon Brown were and possibly still are very close friends
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5160
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Will Jezza Corbs find a seat in parliament after the summer recess?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9937
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:30 pm

Smith is a twat on brexit policies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Meltdown...   

Back to top Go down
 
Labour Party Meltdown...
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: