Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 4:20 am

It's all over bar the shouting...
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 4:23 am

Plymouth
Leave 59.9%
79,997 VOTES
Remain 40.1%
53,458 VOTES

Torbay voted to leave

Just waiting on the Cornish, alway's late sunny
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 4:40 am

Pollsters, bookies(very rarely wrong Razz ).....wankers one and all.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 4:47 am

It's over.  Winner declared.  

"We're out!"
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 5:19 am

Angela Merkel pull up you pants and fu*k off
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 5:20 am

Les Miserable wrote:

We have a much better bellweather in SFD, always the wrong horse.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 5:26 am

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:06 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Who are they, who are they cheers

Yeah, who are they, wh....... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:39 am

Ah well.

Time to get on with life and see what happens.

I hope that it all turns out ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:45 am

Very surprised and disappointed by the result. I hope Cameron steps down so that Boris and Gove can take responsibility for overseeing the exit.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 7:02 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I'll save Franny the work.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 7:47 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Very Happy

Nah... It only counts if it's me.

If he counted everyone, he'd be in the hundreds!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 7:51 am

Lets hope Johnny Mercer fall on his sword and resigns.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 7:53 am

Cameron & Osborne surely have to go now. They can't be trusted to negotiate the best exit strategy for Britain. Not Boris either please.
Lots of rather less than magnanimous politicians on the TV.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:15 am

Short term pain for long term gain, possibly.

Absolutely no doubt though that with this slim a margin, if the Government had been seen to take a harder line on immigration in recent years, it would have been a comfortable Remain win.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:17 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Who are they, who are they cheers

Yeah, who are they, wh.......  Embarassed

Thankfully, in this election every vote counted Hugh, no matter what your brethren voted for.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:41 am

Czarcasm wrote:

That's my view, I knew by voting out, because of my circumstances, I would be taking quite a large financial hit in the short to medium term. The chaos in the markets were entirely predictable, it's how the feckers make their millions. I think things will stabilize pretty quickly. Then it will be up to the British people to bring all their best instincts to the table.

We won't see such a mass exercise in democracy again in our lifetime. The will of the people is to be respected and I know emotions are running high right now, but it disappoints me to see the vitriol being heaped on quite ordinary British people, one man, one vote is the absolute core of a free and fair society.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:44 am

Think Cornwall voted 57% leave/ 43% remain which I found surprising given the money the EU has delivered in grants, and is due to pay another £500m by 2020.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:50 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

That's my view, I knew by voting out, because of my circumstances, I would be taking quite a large financial hit in the short to medium term. The chaos in the markets were entirely predictable, it's how the feckers make their millions. I think things will stabilize pretty quickly. Then it will be up to the British people to bring all their best instincts to the table.

We won't see such a mass exercise in democracy again in our lifetime. The will of the people is to be respected and I know emotions are running  high right now, but it disappoints me to see the vitriol being heaped on quite ordinary British people, one man, one vote is the absolute core of a free and fair society.

Exactly the same here Charlie. It'll be well worth it in the long term to exit an organisation that Britain was conned into joining by people like Heath and Wilson and has since continued to operate by stealth. If the British people had known in 1972 or 1975 what was coming,there is no possible way that the "common market" would have been entertained, so real democracy has been vindicated by this result and even more so in view of the bullying, lies and scaremongering that was forthcoming from the Remain campaign-makes me feel quite proud that a majority of the British people ignored it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 9:05 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

We won't see such a mass exercise in democracy again in our lifetime. The will of the people is to be respected and I know emotions are running  high right now, but it disappoints me to see the vitriol being heaped on quite ordinary British people, one man, one vote is the absolute core of a free and fair society.

Couldn't agree more. I'd like to see all elections held in the same manner so everybody's vote counts, people do care enough to engage in politics if they believe that they truly have a voice.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 9:10 am

Rickler wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Very Happy

Nah...  It only counts if it's me.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 9:20 am

Lol, imagine the result if the PM had been honest with his campaign and hadn't told people that the economy would be flat on his arse, house prices would fall, taxes would go up, pensions would be raided, security would suffer! Have I left anybody out?
One thing this shows is how disenfranchised over half the population is with government in general, should have held the ref. on the solstice then it would be a real new dawn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 9:25 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Rickler wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Very Happy

Nah...  It only counts if it's me.

So is over half the population of this country racist? You really are fecked up if you believe that, a victory for democracy against the odds and against all the poisonous campaigning that has gone on from you and yours. cheers
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 9:28 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Think Cornwall voted 57% leave/ 43% remain which I found surprising given the money the EU has delivered in grants.

Hmm ... surely that should read, "UK money that was graciously redirected by the EU?" Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 9:36 am

Boris was just about to speak to the press but was chased off by what can only be described as a baying mob. Can it be that London doesn't like being told what to do by the rest of the country? Oh well.
Which one of the Tory wankers will get Cameron's job now? Interesting times foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next