Tringreen
Pete1886
Tgwu
Freathy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher Empty
PostSubject: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Carl Fletcher hasn't trained fully since he took charge. Before that he was playing fairly well (though just a shadow of his former self) however when he became manager his performances started to suffer due to the lack of training he was doing though he is a real leader on the pitch and really gets those lads working their socks off, Cheltenham was a good example of this.

At the moment, Carl Fletcher is NOT doing any training and does NOT participate in the sessions, I hear he leads them well but he doesn't train as a player. I think the 'player manager' aspect has left now and we are left with 'manager'. I think Carl is liking life in a suit and he will become a very good manager, and that is what he wants in my opinion.

It would take a while for Carl to pick up any sort of form if he were to start playing again, he has requested help fair enough, but this is not an indication he is to play. I don't think he wants to play, I think he feels his legs have gone, and if that's what he feels then fair enough he should concentrate on managing. I support Carl in whatever he chooses to do but to me, its obvious that we most likely will NOT be watching him play again, for any club.

For now, I don't think there is any desperate need for additions to the midfield, Walton and Wotton seem to be able to work together very well, and then if one of them can't play we can move Young into the centre and pop Joe Lennox out on the left. Our midfield looked balanced and capable when we played Burton, why change it?

I would actually like Sean O'dricoll to actually take charge and become the manager, I think Carl Fletcher would make a very good assistant under the direction of an experienced manager like Sean, added to the fact Carl and Sean know eachother very well.

Come on, think about it, O'Driscoll wouldn't turn down Bristol Rovers to come and 'advise' at Argyle, there has to be a catch and I hope there is. I think he would do well and turn this mess around quickly if he was given full charge. Come on, a rookie or an experienced manager to turn around a relegation battle? I think I know what I would select.

If Sean O'Driscoll does come in as a mentor, I would be fine with that but if he comes in as a manager I will be delighted as he has that experience. I support whatever decision we make however, and in whatever role, Sean O'Driscoll would make a very good addition to the coaching team at Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Mark McGhee is the new man at the Gas.

Incidentally, Buckle is being interviewed at Stevenage today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:58 pm

"Pop Joe Lennox on the left".............the chap has never played league football.............he's is less experienced than anyone else in the squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Linky thingy again Sean O'Driscoll off to Nottingham forest

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Damm Buggerit
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Brent should have sacked fletcher and offered the managers job to O'Driscoll when he had the chance. But no, brent had to tw@t about with this 'mentor' crap and now this chance has gone.

SACK FLETCHER AND GET IN A MANAGER YOU IDIOT! NOW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:03 am

Let's hope Warnock is coming in for a few months. But whoever the mentor is, there is no guarantee that he will be able to work with Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 am

Freathy wrote:
Brent should have sacked fletcher and offered the managers job to O'Driscoll when he had the chance. But no, brent had to tw@t about with this 'mentor' crap and now this chance has gone.

SACK FLETCHER AND GET IN A MANAGER YOU IDIOT! NOW!

Who was advising Mr Brent? (Chairman and his poodly)

Unions for the workers
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:36 am

There is little doubt that SO'D was the one helping Fletch out, which suggests that now he's gone there is nobody else being lined up. Which of course means we're going to well into Feb before a mentor is brought in. Another 5 or 6 games will slip by and the spectre of the BSP will grow ever larger.

Although there has been an improvement the question is was it Fletch's influence or SO'D's? From what I've heard its SO'D in the background telling the inexperienced coaching staff exactly what to do.

Worrying times!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:37 am

There is no mentor coming in for Fletcher. SOD was the target, and we've lost him.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 am

Well I don't think any club should be facing a crisis like this with a manager who is even asking for a mentor.

It's just 'so Argyle'.

Last edited by Tringreen on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:18 am

We're going to have to have another summit to address this.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:36 am

Iggy wrote:

'Well Mr James Brent sir, me and El Presidente fink Fletch is doin good. Ee's a legend and ee talks to us. Weem still paaaaasitive that ee can get us back to our naaaatural aaaaabitat.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 am

Lets not forget how close we were to going under and the wage cap and any other factors that are preventing us from appointing a normal manager like other clubs do. Mad
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 am

Iggy wrote:

According to Mr Radio all things Plymouth Argyle, Mr Bruce Rioch lives in the area.

Unions are for the workers not the management
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:45 am

I just don't get it, JB must have acted decisively and ruthlessly in his business life to get where he is now. Why all the fannying about here where time is of the essence, whoever is advising him is doing a pretty poor job IMHO.

Perhaps the BSP plan is in fact Plan A. If so. somebody should have told Jonesy,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I just don't get it, JB must have acted decisively and ruthlessly in his business life to get where he is now. Why all the fannying about here where time is of the essence, whoever is advising him is doing a pretty poor job IMHO.

Perhaps the BSP plan is in fact Plan A. If so. somebody should have told Jonesy,

Aye and there's the rub, I think that's Brent's advisor's have told him that when you get relegated to the BSP you just pop back to Lge. 2 on a whim, I personally think it would be a disaster and make the relegation to league 2 like a walk in the park. Everybody bangs on about at least we have a club and the staff jobs are safe yet what is the first cutback to be made when we drop out of the league? Staff redundancies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: SEAN O'DRISCOLL/FLETCHER   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Even Glasgow Celtic needed a mentor for Neil Lennon when he first took over the manager's job, and they are are arguably slightly bigger than PAFC. Their crisis was coming second to Rangers (again). It took time but the situation there has improved. Unfortunately here PAFC don't have a lot of time. Keep Carl Fletcher but bring in some more knowledge to advise him and the rest of the staff. Then - onwards an upwards. I won't mention the "R" word until it is statistically unavoidable.

Merv Plummer.

PS Used to stand on the railway sleepers at/near Devenport end for many years. Remembering the good times..............
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Womble wrote:
There is no mentor coming in for Fletcher. SOD was the target, and we've lost him.

O'Driscoll didn't fancy his wages being paid by bucket collections and shirt auctions, apparently. Very Happy

Never mind, we've got a big flag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:13 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Womble wrote:

O'Driscoll didn't fancy his wages being paid by bucket collections and shirt auctions, apparently. Very Happy

Never mind, we've got a big flag.

And when we are playing at home in the conference next season it won't half impress the dozen or so away supporters.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Warnock on London BBC no plymouth mention

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 am

Womble wrote:

According today Radio Devon sports report, a mentor we still be announce by tomorrow
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:12 am

Tgwu wrote:
Womble wrote:

According today Radio Devon sports report, a mentor we still be announce by tomorrow

Sadly it won't be Warnock No

I was minded to say that if we got a 'no mark' mentor what really was the point?. That was until I watched the local news last night, they did a little piece on Lee Bradbury at Bournemouth and his mentor Russ Wilcox. Now Russ Wilcox is no mover and shaker but he explained (in a roundabout way) that his role was not so much teacher as it was a more knowledgable bloke in the pub or a wise uncle. He isn't there to tell him what to do, just give advice IF ASKED. He also said they'd never met before being selected.

It got me thinking that, actually, in that role someone like Colin wouldn't work. He's a gaffer, he wouldn't wait to be asked he'd give his opinion whether it was wanted or not and quickly undermine or get on Carls t1ts.

I'm not sure if Carl overlapped with Lee Bradbury at Bournemouth, I don't think they did. But connections in football are manyfold and that example, combined with his fellow countryman Carl Robinson at Scum with John Gorman may point the way to what he's looking for. Not a household name, possibly not even in his own house!, but just an older, non threatening, sounding board.

I'm more open minded to a low profile mentor than I was before. It'll be hailed as a cheap compromise by those who wish to see it as that but the bloke just has to click with Carl Fletcher and Carl has to trust him, that's ALL that matters.

I don't know who it'll be now the top two options have gone, but if Fletch is happy, i'm happy.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:42 am

Yer still feckin nuts Smiffy, but even I will say it's good to see your around.

Happy New Year!

LOl. Are you coming down tomorrow with your 'home' team?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:57 am

pafcinbrussels wrote:
Even Glasgow Celtic needed a mentor for Neil Lennon when he first took over the manager's job, and they are are arguably slightly bigger than PAFC. Their crisis was coming second to Rangers (again). It took time but the situation there has improved. Unfortunately here PAFC don't have a lot of time. Keep Carl Fletcher but bring in some more knowledge to advise him and the rest of the staff. Then - onwards an upwards. I won't mention the "R" word until it is statistically unavoidable.

Merv Plummer.

PS Used to stand on the railway sleepers at/near Devenport end for many years. Remembering the good times..............

I won't mention the R word until it's statistically unavoidable ?

The Aviva boys have been doing that for 3 years now, hasn't worked yet !

And previous to that they Trusted in Stapes and told we with a brain, to F off and support Manyoo, cos yooooum plaaaaastics ! Rolling Eyes jocolor

ps watched my first game in 1958, standind on a stool on the sleepers with my grandad. Why did he get me hooked ffs !

Last edited by Tringreen on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:07 am

Mentor for fletch. Should be taxi for fletch. We're bottom of L2, playing attrociously with games fast running out. We don't have time for fletch to be sat down and 'advised' how to do his job.

Brent is taking the piss out of us. He must be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher   Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher Empty

Back to top Go down

Sean O'Driscoll/Fletcher
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next