The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

tidy up the stadium this weekend

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

tidy up the stadium this weekend Empty
PostSubject: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Will brent call for all brushes to arms

First stadium clean-up weekend is coming up

The club needs your assistance once again to tidy up the stadium this weekend.

Our clean-up weekends have been superbly attended in recent years and we would be grateful for your help again to do various jobs around the club.

It’s an event that sums up what AFC Wimbledon is all about and this year it falls just before our historic appearance in a Wembley final!

If you can help from 9.30 am until 5.00 pm this Saturday/Sunday or on 25/26 June, it would be very much appreciated.

Many jobs need doing to ensure that the stadium is in good order when the new season kicks off. Most tools will be provided, but if you can, please bring your own – in particular, power washers. Refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:10 pm

I'd rather pick hedgehog needles from my japs eye than provide slave labour to tight-ass Brent & Co. Anyway, much beer drinking to do this weekend.

Only a complete rebuild will 'ensure the stadium is in good order for next season'.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Do you think Brent will be there to lead by example?
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Jesu Christo, sounds rubbish. Can anyone here explain to me in words of 1 syllable what the rental agreement is? why is it that we have to utilise slave labour? wtf is Santiago doing bar rank ng into a large pension pot sized hanky. what have the romans done for us?
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:48 pm

This has to be a joke?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:51 pm

Wake up peeps. Tg is talking about Wimbledon and it's fans trust. It's they who are organising their clean up. A good idea just before their cup final. Sometimes, Scoop's very welcome media input leaves a bit of confusion as to who is saying what.

With a club owned by it's Trust, I see such an activity as good for the club bond for those who want to take part, although I would hope the well paid players and rest of the staff would join in for the day. I would guess that will happen. No point having a Trust owned entity, if there's seeds of hierarchy being sown on community days.
Speaking as someone who has done well over 2 years of voluntary work in my time, for REAL good causes, I wouldn't touch ANY privately owned company like Brent's, with anything like a broom, unless they gave me a voting seat in the boardroom and a nice pension pot to sit on. There's a lot of it about these days, blurring the boundaries between charidee/community endeavour, and private enterprise. It's the new marketing/branding tool that pays for itself.

Last edited by Lord Biro on Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Is the article not about Wimbledon?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Pipped me to it Lordy.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:55 pm

It be nice if people read the thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:56 pm

Classic ATD! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Oh sorry Biro,

It was the "Will brent call for all brushes to arms" that fooled me.

Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Rickler wrote:
Oh sorry Biro,

Me too lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyWed May 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Yes, Scoop is quite hard to fathom sometimes. Laughing One has to check out the references.
Excellent for bringing a wide range of issues to one's attention, though.

My worst misunderstanding this season was assuming beyond doubt that Argyle would be automatically promoted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyThu May 26, 2016 1:07 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Oh sorry Biro,

Me too lol!

Sigh, and me! Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend EmptyThu May 26, 2016 1:41 pm

Thread of the Year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tidy up the stadium this weekend   tidy up the stadium this weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

tidy up the stadium this weekend
Page 1 of 1