MGB GT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

MGB GT Empty
PostSubject: MGB GT   MGB GT EmptyMon May 09, 2016 10:15 pm

My hunt goes on! Lots out there but not many locally - however - one I've seen states MG B GT FIXED HEAD - what does that mean?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

MGB GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGB GT   MGB GT EmptyMon May 09, 2016 10:40 pm

tigertony wrote:
My hunt goes on! Lots out there but not many locally - however - one I've seen states MG B GT FIXED HEAD - what does that mean?
Thanks

Is a football forum the right place to discuss the sexual orientations of other people?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

MGB GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGB GT   MGB GT EmptyMon May 09, 2016 10:45 pm

I thought all MGB GTs were fixed head & the MGB roadsters were all convertible.
Always fancied a Truimph Spitfire myself. I had a Triumph TR7 when I was younger but that was a real disappointment.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

MGB GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGB GT   MGB GT EmptyTue May 10, 2016 1:38 am

Les Miserable wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Thanks

Is a football forum the right place to discuss the sexual orientations of other people?
There's always one! laugh
The Hon Lord Melbury prefers a spit !! Shocked
Back to top Go down

MGB GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGB GT   MGB GT EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:33 am

tigertony wrote:
Thanks

Fixed head I think is as opposed to soft top. Quite surprising how many you do see about considering how unreliable they were but as a solid affordable classic they are a good shout. Putting the rubber bumpers on them is right up there with other examples of BL lunacy!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

MGB GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGB GT   MGB GT EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:10 am

Had a GT back in the 70's, it was OK but I didn't love it like my previous TR6. In a moment of lunacy (after several...and several more...pints one afternoon) I gave my mate 5K for his fully restored MGB convertible, the 84th last one off the production line about 15 years ago. It looked OK if you could ignore the rubber bumpers but God was it a shite drive, a real object lesson on how cars have come on in leaps and bounds. Spent several years in my garage, taken out twice a year for a spin and a wash. Eventually I cashed in on my investment and sold it to the MG guy in St Agnes...for 2K. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

MGB GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGB GT   MGB GT EmptyTue May 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Thanks

Fixed head I think is as opposed to soft top. Quite surprising how many you do see about considering how unreliable they were but as a solid affordable classic they are a good shout. Putting the rubber bumpers on them is right up there with other examples of BL lunacy!
My thoughts exactly. I fancied a Morse Jag (A type?) but at £30K upwards that would have tested my guilt on spending so much. So back down to earth with a 1976 MGB GT with full MoT for £1800. That'll do me. Its for twice a week when its nice (or rainy really). I've just bought a Saab 9-5 Arc for normal use. (It shifts as well!!!)Thanks/OK
Thank you all for your advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGB GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGB GT   MGB GT Empty

Back to top Go down

MGB GT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: