HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Far Post Club WATCH

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Far Post Club WATCH   Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:18 am

I think this deserves a thread of its own now.

Steel Cannon on Feb 7th wrote:
6.      When asked about progress towards the erection of a replacement Far Post Club, Martyn explained that PAFC were in the process of submitting an application for planning permission to PCC.

But this was what was originally posted on ATD and Pasoti:

Quote :
Wot Steel Cannon writ here....

6. When asked about progress towards the erection of a replacement Far Post Club, Martyn explained that PAFC were still awaiting a decision from PCC with regards to their application for planning permission.

Wot argyledad writ over there...

6. When asked about progress towards the erection of a replacement Far Post Club, Martyn explained that PAFC were in the process of submitting an application for planning permission to PCC.

But it was just crossed wires as Tony later explained:

Quote :
Homeslice, we just found out today (within the last hour in fact) that Martyn Starnes just learned that since the meeting the plans have yet to be formally submitted. This was due to the person dealing with it suffering a bereavement but he one the case with this and will let us know about progress on this matter.

Bob put up the amended notes ref item 6 on Pasoti and emailed me to update here which I have just done.

Apologies for this but we didn't know and updated this as soon as we could.

Tony.

Then it all went quiet until the Fans Forum on 19th March:

argyledad wrote:
Plans and drawings for a replacement supporters’ bar have been" signed off" and will be submitted to PCC next week. This is being organised by the Green Taverners.

And now its 4 weeks later:

green genie wrote:
I best not mention that the nou FPC planning is still conspicuous by it's absence.

Maybe the new directors know how to rearrange a Portakabin.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:35 am

I've got a twenty foot steel container that I'll donate for a 7% stake in the club, my mate Irish Tony will deliver it on his low loader for a 5% share but only if he's given a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich on delivery. #jimmibsbigsociety
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Can you supply a blank invoice as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Meanwhile, the Brit continues to coin it in on Matchday.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:34 pm

Gordon Ward must be turning in his Grave at the bullshit that comes out of this Club
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:54 pm

The Beer Tent Boyz dont want a new far post club,it would be like a Turkey voting for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:01 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The Beer Tent Boyz dont want a new far post club,it would be like a Turkey voting for Christmas.

I'm surprised no one has smacked this nail firmly on the head before. Bang on, SS.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

I'm surprised no one has smacked this nail firmly on the head before. Bang on, SS.

Precisely, although I'm sure it's been suggested on here before.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:32 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:04 pm

There is plenty of room for the Fans Fest and a supporters bar. The fan's fest is sold out just about every week while the Brit is packed every week with fans who would prefer to put their money over a bar at the club.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
There is plenty of room for the Fans Fest  and a supporters bar. The fan's fest is sold out just about every week while the Brit is packed every week with fans who would prefer to put their money over a bar at the club.

My little crew of matchgoers is farly nomadic. We kind of mosey about all over the place pre-match. There's some places we go more often than others but we always go somewhere. Over the last 30 years or so we must have collectively spent a small fortune over the bar on ale and food. And that's just the few of us. Multiply that by several hundreds, maybe even a few thousand, and the club is missing out on income it could surely find a use for.

I don't see the Fan Fests as being in competition at all. I went once. Thought it was crap and am not keen on going back. In fact if a new bar was to replicate a FF I wouldn't use it but the FFs are clearly popular and provide a service that 100s enjoy so there has to be room for both.

A bigger draw for me and my pals is a pre-match menu, however rudimentary it might be, and a TV showing whatever the early game might be that we can keep half an eye on.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, innit. Neither right; neither wrong; just different.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:19 pm

If you were pinning your hopes on Brent putting kitchen facilities into whatever portakabin-type structure the future Nou Far Post club might take, I think your tummy might be rumbling.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:16 pm

You're probably right but even a pasty would do. I'm not expecting the world, or even a la carte, here.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Surprised there still getting away with this charity ruse didnt Rinsdale give em the idea so he got payed oh.sorry i meant that the dear old loyal staff got payed 5years down the line there still cracking on with no one saying a word
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Surely by now the AFT have been in touch with the GT's about the FPC situation?

What was said?
Back to top Go down
vincent_vega

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:46 am

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:52 am

Good find Vince.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:42 pm

From a quote by Graham Clark on the farm

The submitted planning application at Home Park has two elements.

Firstly, it is retrospective in nature as all the existing temporary accommodation at Higher Home Park (including the GT Suite / Marquee) does not have the benefit of a current planning permission. All the accommodation was granted planning permission on a time limited basis and that time has expired without the permissions being renewed. Perhaps there was an expectation that the grandstand would be built and the temporary accommodation would not ultimately be required.

Secondly, additional temporary accommodation is proposed in the form of additional 'portacabins' which it is intended to provide for additional event space on match days and additional administrative space.

The application is at present 'invalid' as additional information clarification has probably been sought by the Council before the application can be registered and formally available for public comment. The application has been submitted on behalf of PAFC by a local agent, Design Development Ltd. and not by the Green Taverners as had been previously intimated..
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:36 pm

So the planning application doesn't relate to the FPC as it doesn't mention a supporters bar and it wasn't submitted by the GTs?
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:18 pm

Out of interest, how does Graham know what the contents of the PA are? I can't for the life of me see the application documents on that page - they don't normally go up until it's validated.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:14 pm

He did work in the PCC planning dept
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sun May 08, 2016 8:22 am

So that Planning application is all up and running and we can see the rebuilt Far Post commenced in the close season........Right ??
Or just the usual bullshit from Brent and his toadies fishing
Back to top Go down
green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sun May 08, 2016 10:16 am

Still listed as invalid application so PAFC haven't provided information PCC Planning required.

They must have got a bit fussier since HHP days.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sun May 08, 2016 3:47 pm

green_genie wrote:
Still listed as invalid application so PAFC haven't provided information PCC Planning required.

Yeah Green Jimmy is still waiting for his £2000 loan to be approved so the refurb can begin.......you really couldn't make this shit up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   Sun May 08, 2016 5:05 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
green_genie wrote:

Yeah Green Jimmy is still waiting for his £2000 loan to be approved so the refurb can begin.......you really couldn't make this shit up

£2k on the Far Post? Bet the Taverners do it and the Trust coughs up without a single receipt changing hands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far Post Club WATCH   

Back to top Go down

Far Post Club WATCH
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: