seadog
Tringreen
Sir Francis Drake
tigertony
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Cue right wing lemmings saying it's a good thing Chinese capital is flooding our housing market, inflating it to the moon and back.
Funnily enough, the housing market is a good example of trickle down actually working. The more people can inflate the price of their terraced London house, the more the rents go up in Plymouth. That's real trickle down.
I suppose it could be argued it gives London a sort of guarantee that it won't be nuked by the Chinese, and the Russians too, I guess. Maybe we need a few oligarchs to buy up some prime real estate in Devonport. Give us a real deterrent, at a fraction of the cost of trident.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 5:41 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:15 am

From that well-known Trotzkyist rag The Financial Times.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Trusts FFS! The mechanism that rich people use to pass whole estates to their children with feck all tax paid whilst inheritance tax hits any average joe who has worked all his life to buy an average priced home. All in it together.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 5:09 pm

Great innit. Chinese, Russians or any rich elite can buy up anything the UK no questions asked including football clubs.
Whenever I pay over 5K into the bank it's like the Spanish inquisition. We're all in this together...like feck
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

So... He is then. By his own admission.

It's rather amazing that he hasn't resigned yet... mind you he hung on after the pig feckin story broke so I shouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:25 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
Great innit. Chinese, Russians or any rich elite can buy up anything the UK no questions asked including football clubs.
Whenever I pay over 5K into the bank it's like the Spanish inquisition.  We're all in this together...like feck
Yep - I paid in a substantial amount on-line in the week and the phone rang within the hour. However back on thread - I don't think the problem that DC has needs a resignation. Didn't he inherit then sell pretty quick to ensure he had no skeletons. What else could he have done?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 6:45 am

The plebs just lose their homes.............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:44 am

Good find Tringy.
Osborne's smirk, in particular, sums up just what culture we're dealing with when talking of these people. It's all a game to them. A bunch of racketeers, the lot of them.
That short video should be shared world wide.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:50 am

Shorely that piece of advice is for the benefit of you plebs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 10:59 am

What Cameron said:

What the Blairmore Prospectus said:

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 11:28 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
Whenever I pay over 5K into the bank it's like the Spanish inquisition.  We're all in this together...like feck

10k is the level that automates an incoming amount notification to HMRC. Pay in £9,900 to your hearts content week after week
Edited......Doesn't stop the jobsworth tellers probably enquiring I acknowledge
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Bye Bye Cameron.............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 3:25 pm

tigertony wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
Yep - I paid in a substantial amount on-line in the week and the phone rang within the hour. However back on thread - I don't think the problem that DC has needs a resignation. Didn't he inherit then sell pretty quick to ensure he had no skeletons. What else could he have done?

Is your problem that you can't think or just refuse to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 5:57 pm

tigertony wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

No. He didn't declare it then lied about it when questioned. The Icelandic pm went but doubt if Cameron has anywhere near the same moral fibre nor the British public who just expect it from them.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 6:13 pm

seadog wrote:
I only posted about the HMRC debacle because it is only now being mentioned by the mainstream, 15 years later.
I do believe that the vast majority of politicians would climb into bed with the nearest millionaire hey could find. I am no Tory and certainly not a Nu Labour supporter either. The sooner the Greens get a decent foothold in the UK the better.
The greens? I'll take promotion this season first before getting a foothold anywhere. cheers
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

Is your problem that you can't think or just refuse to?
Not sure Hamster? I'll think about it.

Harvetheslayer mentions 10K and the jobsworths. Don't mind calls because I haven't got many friends. Just a question though - when you explain to them where the cash came from who decides whether it's legit or not and if they think it's a bit dodgy what is stage 2? (Mine is legit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 6:37 pm

The only answer that the right wing Tories and UKIP have is rich people pay too much tax. If they were taxed less, this sort of thing wouldn't happen.  Laughing  A bit like the old one of you can't pay peanuts at the top, but you can at the bottom apparently.
The UKIP position is.... there's no point trying to catch criminals, they just run away. Laughing  Funny how logic turns on it's head when it's your neck on the block. As Brian Eno once said, "same as it ever was".

And of course, the biggest tragedy of all, everyone is forgetting how on earth these people earn so much money compared to everyone else in the first place. The biggest redistribution of wealth scandal is not at the point of taxation, but at the point of paying remuneration for work done. And that doesn't just apply at the top. It applies to various different rigged markets
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 10:54 pm

"Same as it ever was" was David Byrne (unless he pinched it off Eno which he might have).

Here's anoher graphic. Nothing to do with either Byrne or Eno.

Tells you excatly what the priorities are and what they should be.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 11:02 pm

Well if we're splitting hairs the song is called  Once In A Lifetime  and Eno co-wrote it with Talking Heads.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:17 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Well if we're splitting hairs the song is called  Once In A Lifetime  and Eno co-wrote it with Talking Heads.

Correct and a quality track, listened to it this morning via iPod on way back from town this morning followed up by burning down the house which has the best intro (to be played at extreme volume always) ever. I wonder if David Byrne paid his taxes?
(just to keep it on topic) Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:28 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"Same as it ever was" was David Byrne (unless he pinched it off Eno which he might have).

Here's anoher graphic. Nothing to do with either Byrne or Eno.

Tells you excatly what the priorities are and what they should be.

That's a staggering statistic, even at £20k pa that's £95m pa, which I suppose you could argue is good value IF they actually recovered the £1.2bn, opposed to £7.5m for people to not find what the wealthy are up to. Mind you it's a good distraction to keep people from worrying about the real problem which is our corrupt government. It cracks me up that 10% of the population of Iceland took to the streets to remove their PM over tax evasion yet all we can muster is a load of long haired pinkoe wierdoes (tm. all the apologists that keep these corrupt bunch of cnuts in a position able to fleece us all). We've had the expenses scandal with even Blunkett as home secretary caught with his fingers in the till. You know the home secretary he's the guy in charge of law and order and more or less the boss of all the police forces in the country yet when caught stealing he apologises and hands the money back. And before anyone says it yes Blair and The Neo Cons were just as bad (I didn't vote for them either btw) but what I can't get my head around is that people have this idea that it's not worth complaining because "the other lot are just as bad," mind numbingly depressing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:32 am

The offices of Monsecca money laundering inc. have been raided in Sierra Leone (from memory heard on news this morning). They had taken down the sign above the door and were in the process of moving. And they haven't broken any laws LMFAO. Bear in mind in the Panama papers they actually had a document saying that the funds they were hiding for someone were the proceeds of "the famous Brinks Mat bullion robbery of London Uk." Who was it that said crime doesn't pay? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 12:05 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Correct and a quality track, listened to it this morning via iPod on way back from town this morning followed up by burning down the house which has the best intro (to be played at extreme volume always) ever. I wonder if David Byrne paid his taxes?
(just to keep it on topic) Very Happy

Love the Talking Heads and Byrne's solo stuff ain't half bad either, bit of a musical genius imo. Have you seen the Stop Making Sense concert from around 84/85? Brilliant party animal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Money laundering and tax evasion.
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next