seadog
Tringreen
Sir Francis Drake
tigertony
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:21 pm

EU have been down trago for a van load of whitewash,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 11:53 pm

You won't find Labour's spokesman for National Unions, Ian Lavery, evading tax.

It seems that MP Mr Lavery has done a deal with the General Secretary of the Northumberland Mineworkers Union in which they've agreed to write off his mortgage that was supplied by the Miners Benevolent Fund.

The fact that Mr Lavery was the aforementioned General Secretary is purely coincidental of course.

It's also alleged that he received £140,000 in redundancy payments from the fund.

That he was never sacked and indeed chose to leave to become an MP makes the payout questionable.

Why bother with piffling tax avoidance when you can take your own Union to the cleaners with a bogus mortgage and payoff.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:51 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Elias wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
My parents have worked all their lives to buy their house and it's all that will be passed on to me and my bro, inheritance tax will be paid and we won't get anything like £500k (I wish)

Serious question...  Why don't you do what the rich have done to avoid tax?

Because I'd have to move my elderly unwell parents out of their home, gift myself the money and hope they didn't die in the next seven years, only a capitalist would do that. I don't want to avoid paying my due but I expect to rich to pay their share also, what's so hard to understand? We have to pay tax, all of us, I don't know the last time you were in blighty but the potholes are like craters, maintenance of all sorts of infrastructure is being postponed, Derriford hospital is cancelling 90% of operations in neurosurgery per week because of bed blocking caused by cuts to the social care budget and you are advocating all of us stopping paying our taxes as well? I never had you down as stupid Ricks, selfish obvs. goes with the capalist dream but not stupid.

feck me...  All I did was ask you a honest question.  You answered that in your first sentence.  God knows where the rest of it came from?

You and SFD need to chill.  This hatred for the rich is clouding your judgement about normal people who are just a little different than you.

PS.  Thanks for breaking the news to me that I'm selfish.  I never knew. Funny what you can learn on the internet.

What hatred of the rich? All I ask is that they pay tax like we do, like benifit scroungers do, like pensioners do, is it so hard to grasp what my beef is?

I didnt know benefit scroungers paid tax ?

Benefits are taxable income as will be your pension if they don't steal that off you. The only thing you can legally avoid paying tax on is millions in earnings but it does need to be millions.

Benefit scoungers i.e dole boy  dont pay tax except vat but thats easy to dodge if so inclined......

Last edited by Elias on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:52 am

Really? How?

I need to get a new tyre for my car later. How do I get Kwik-Fit to knock the VAT off?

I need to get a new TV later. How do I get Curry's to knock the VAT off?

I need to buy a new ink cartridge for our printer later. How do get PC World to knock the VAT off?

I need to fill my car up with petrol later. How do I get Asda to knock the VAT off?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:58 am

It's amazing how some people just can't resist havng a pop at the undeserving poor. It's tradition.

By the way, over 50% of the population don't work. That's a whole lot of undeserving folk that fall foul of the great protestant work ethic.
And I suppose it could be argued farmers and landowners don't pay tax either, as the annual round of single farm payments is about to start. Their paments will far exceed any income or corporation tax they have paid. I could go on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:25 am

Elias wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Elias wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
My parents have worked all their lives to buy their house and it's all that will be passed on to me and my bro, inheritance tax will be paid and we won't get anything like £500k (I wish)

Serious question...  Why don't you do what the rich have done to avoid tax?

Because I'd have to move my elderly unwell parents out of their home, gift myself the money and hope they didn't die in the next seven years, only a capitalist would do that. I don't want to avoid paying my due but I expect to rich to pay their share also, what's so hard to understand? We have to pay tax, all of us, I don't know the last time you were in blighty but the potholes are like craters, maintenance of all sorts of infrastructure is being postponed, Derriford hospital is cancelling 90% of operations in neurosurgery per week because of bed blocking caused by cuts to the social care budget and you are advocating all of us stopping paying our taxes as well? I never had you down as stupid Ricks, selfish obvs. goes with the capalist dream but not stupid.

feck me...  All I did was ask you a honest question.  You answered that in your first sentence.  God knows where the rest of it came from?

You and SFD need to chill.  This hatred for the rich is clouding your judgement about normal people who are just a little different than you.

PS.  Thanks for breaking the news to me that I'm selfish.  I never knew. Funny what you can learn on the internet.

What hatred of the rich? All I ask is that they pay tax like we do, like benifit scroungers do, like pensioners do, is it so hard to grasp what my beef is?

I didnt know benefit scroungers paid tax ?

Benefits are taxable income as will be your pension if they don't steal that off you. The only thing you can legally avoid paying tax on is millions in earnings but it does need to be millions.

Benefit scoungers i.e dole boy  dont pay tax except vat but thats easy to dodge if so inclined......

What about a single mum who has been widowed and has seven kids to feed? She earns £7.50 an hour doing a cleaning job but has her poor wages topped up by us in the form of working families tax credits. Her earnings are roughly £10k a year meaning that all of her benefit would be taxed. We then employ extra HMRC people to make sure the tax is taken off scum like her? Fair or even rational it is not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:31 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

It seems that MP Mr Lavery has done a deal with the General Secretary of the Northumberland Mineworkers Union in which they've agreed to write off his mortgage that was supplied by the Miners Benevolent Fund.

The fact that Mr Lavery was the aforementioned General Secretary is purely coincidental of course.

It's also alleged that he received £140,000 in redundancy payments from the fund.

That he was never sacked and indeed chose to leave to become an MP makes the payout questionable.

Why bother with piffling tax avoidance when you can take your own Union to the cleaners with a bogus mortgage and payoff.

Is this another of your posts that demonstrate that even the lefties are at it therefore we should give your Tory mates a break? Very Happy I think that you'll find that most people that object to Tories not paying tax will also object to anyone else not paying tax be they green red or yellow. I do see the need for a police force, Im not anti police and I'm horrifed that the ipcc are investigating a fraud case involving three officers and an alleged £1m being scammed. Comprende?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:42 am

Merely highlighting the fact that they're all at it.

Are we living through the Oil age, the Information Age or the Greed age.

Take your pick
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:54 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Really? How?

I need to get a new tyre for my car later. How do I get Kwik-Fit to knock the VAT off?

I need to get a new TV later. How do I get Curry's to knock the VAT off?

I need to buy a new ink cartridge for our printer later. How do get PC World to knock the VAT off?

I need to fill my car up with petrol later. How do I get Asda to knock the VAT off?

new tyre ? Has your car only got one tyre then? Seriously though if you knock off the VAT from Kwik-Robbers price you'll likely pay that price anyway at an independent tyre fitters. Last time I used Kwik-Robbers they put nitrogen in the tyre and charged me an extra £1. I said ''either knock off the £1 or change it for air'' Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:56 am

My car doesn't actually need a new tyre despite having 5 of them. I was pretending.

For future reference though which Independent Tyre Fitter doesn't charge VAT?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:02 pm

I believe they're known as Tread Carefully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:37 pm

[quote="Sir Francis Drake"]My car doesn't actually need a new tyre despite having 5 of them. I was pretending.

lol! Bit too subtle for some Franny, say what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
It's amazing how some people just can't resist havng a pop at the undeserving poor. It's tradition.

By the way, over 50% of the population don't work. That's a whole lot of undeserving folk that fall foul of the great protestant work ethic.
And I suppose it could be argued farmers and landowners don't pay tax either, as the annual round of single farm payments is about to start. Their paments will far exceed any income or corporation tax they have paid. I could go on.

Still here I see.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:02 pm

And in my opinion long may he stay.

In the "pub" that is this fine site Lord Biro offers folks a sage like take on the world, always with compassion.

Having said that I must congratulate you on the quality of your 41st post. Not sure if the number has a special meaning in your life but that was one well thought out, and beautifully delivered, comma free, sentence.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:29 pm

tigertony wrote:
I can remember, albeit vaguely, that during my years defending the nation at various foreign cocktail parties courtesy of HM and one of her magnificent war canoes, that the issue of members of the RN not paying tax when deployed was in the headlines. The idea was torpedoed and sunk faster than the Belgrano.
I also think that the Merchant Navy (incl RFA) do not pay tax when at sea and it was that anomaly that got the RN members thinking about it.!
As for Panama - well all I know is that one chap had to eat medication all day for weeks to rid himself of an infection before we got home after 6 months - laugh  

UK taxpayers working as seamen pay no tax, ie claim it back, if they work/spend 183 days a year outside the UK, I am pretty sure if the navy had a ship capable of this feat they could too.

Since the UK flag has been prostituted as a Flag of Convenience by the MCA, headed by a fooking Admiral natch, precious few british seamen are left.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 1:43 am

Les Miserable wrote:
laugh
It's my use of English that has confused people. I was trying to say that if Kwik-Fit charge you £50 + VAT = £60 then you could probably get a tyre at an independent for £50 (which includes VAT)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:37 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

In the "pub" that is this fine site Lord Biro offers folks a sage like take on the world, always with compassion.

Having said that I must congratulate you on the quality of your 41st post. Not sure if the number has a special meaning in your life but that was one well thought out, and beautifully delivered, comma free, sentence.

He's a credit to the forum that huge middletone.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:22 pm

I don't know how reputable this website is but if this is true...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:

The 40 others to be fair were used to arselick Lord Tisdale
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:

Glad you like it. Oh, and thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention.

Perhaps I got it wrong, but didn't he say he was quitting the site?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:24 pm

tigertony wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
laugh
It's my use of English that has confused people. I was trying to say that if Kwik-Fit charge you £50 + VAT = £60 then you could probably get a tyre at an independent for £50 (which includes VAT)

I see.

So you agree there's no dodging VAT then?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 3:09 pm

300 Tory MPs voted to block a "Public Inquiry into the Panama Tax Scandal" this week. Here are each of their names:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

You could mention that he denies these allegations and is taking legal action against the people behind them. The Mods on here should probably be careful with a post like this, don't want the site getting into trouble because of this sort of ill informed slur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Rollo is like a lot of people I know, a right winger who doesn't want to admit he is a right winger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
300 Tory MPs voted to block a "Public Inquiry into the Panama Tax Scandal" this week. Here are each of their names:

No Osborne, keeping quiet innit. Jonny Mercer and Geoffrey, I love farm subsidies cnuting Cox see no need but then our local MP doesn't like to spend a lot of time in Parliament as he's too busy making cash to bother with his main job. What a feckin joke this is becoming with an EU coverup/whitewash announced all the rich boys can go hiding their money elsewhere before any has a chance to trickle down. The compliant and worshipful public get the country they deserve it's just a shame we have to share it with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money laundering and tax evasion.   Money laundering and tax evasion. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Money laundering and tax evasion.
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next