Freathy
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 2:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see even Oxford fans recognise the fact that our ground is turning into a dump.
Pity the lobotomised saps on Pasoti still have their heads in the sand.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

I see even Oxford fans recognise the fact that our ground is turning into a dump.
The pasoti sheep are the ones paying out a grand for five days of intensive Nerdship Training in Holland, under the watchful gaze of Grand Master Superfan himself Great Leader Nool. geek  The Ground and the Pitch are in a shocking state but apparently its nothing to do with owner Jim!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 2:49 pm

Freathy wrote:
Pompey, Accrington, and Bristol Rovers games in hand is a massive problem because we cannot buy a win, even against struggling Yeovil.  We are in relegation form due to injuries and brent refusing to back the manager. I seriously cannot see us getting even one or two wins before May let alone five.  One of the mentioned above will join Cobblers and Oxford in the top 3 while we lose out in the play-offs.  Thats the reality.

BRENT OUT

Accy play Pompey on Tuesday and Rovers have got AFC. For Pompey and Rovers, that is the game in hand gone. By the end of March, Accy could be out of the race for third spot, they have some tough fixtures.

I would much like for both the above games to be draws.

If Argyle can get a win at Accy, that would put them in good light.

Remaining in third spot is the main goal now, as I think Oxford will claim second,.

Northampton are walkng it and they are out of sight. The Play-Offs are started to shape up.

At worst, Argyle will finish in the Play-Offs, at best they will go up in third. The latter is the prefered option.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 2:54 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

The pasoti sheep are the ones paying out a grand for five days of intensive Nerdship Training in Holland, under the watchful gaze of Grand Master Superfan himself Great Leader Nool. geek  The Ground and the Pitch are in a shocking state but apparently its nothing to do with owner Jim!

It is so sad to see HP as it is now. The ground is looking shabby in certain areas and the pitch is even worse. The pitch will need some TLC in the summer months, ready for either L1 or L2 football in August.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 3:00 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Sorry Freathy but 'not buying a win' is simply not true. Since the turn of the year, which happily is an 11 game stretch, mirroring what we have left, we have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 3. If we echo that in the last 11, we'll go up.

It might be despite Brent but the form table, which is the closest thing we have to evidence, suggests your incessant negativity - at least related to this season's outcome - is likely to be misplaced.

How is the Rame Peninsula these days? Sunny and fair, or grey and dull?

So how do you explain going from 5 points clear at the top to 13 points adrift of it and hanging on to 3rd place by our fingertips? That doesnt fill me with any real conviction we are on course and going up automatically come May. That kind of forum is playoffs worthy.

I don't call being 8 points clear of 4th 'hanging on by our fingertips'. We are very much still in control of our own destiny.

I explain the 13 point gap simply by Northampton's phenomenal form. They look likely to break 100 points and that happens once in a blue moon, as we all know very well.

Yes, our form has slackened and that hasn't been helped by Tight Jim but Northampton aside, we have the best points total by some distance (along with Oxford)

Considering the gap was far larger and Accrington Stanley could easily shorten that gap its not as in control as you may think. If we lose to them next week and they win their game(s) in hand given our current form i wouldnt be confident at all we will hang on to that spot for long.

If we strengthen in january and added to the squad we would still be up there dogging it out with northampton with a small point margin instead we rested on our small village morals and have paid for it ever since by operating with a smaller squad than we had in December, losing the top spot, conceding the title to northampton and hanging on to 2nd with oxford level on points and the pack catching up while picking up injuries and have pending suspensions due...

We have gone from certs to not so sure now in the space of 6 weeks....fair mornings work for some but nothing to be positive about.

Last edited by Angry on Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Sorry Freathy but 'not buying a win' is simply not true. Since the turn of the year, which happily is an 11 game stretch, mirroring what we have left, we have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 3. If we echo that in the last 11, we'll go up.

It might be despite Brent but the form table, which is the closest thing we have to evidence, suggests your incessant negativity - at least related to this season's outcome - is likely to be misplaced.

So how do you explain going from 5 points clear at the top to 13 points adrift of it and hanging on to 3rd place by our fingertips? That doesnt fill me with any real conviction we are on course and going up automatically come May. That kind of forum is playoffs worthy.

I don't call being 8 points clear of 4th 'hanging on by our fingertips'. We are very much still in control of our own destiny.

I explain the 13 point gap simply by Northampton's phenomenal form. They look likely to break 100 points and that happens once in a blue moon, as we all know very well.

Yes, our form has slackened and that hasn't been helped by Tight Jim but Northampton aside, we have the best points total by some distance (along with Oxford)

Considering the gap was far larger and Accrington Stanley could easily shorten that gap its not as in control as you may think. If we lose to them next week and they win their game(s) in hand given our current form i wouldnt be confident at all we will hang on to that spot for long.

If we strengthen in january and added to the squad we would still be up there dogging it out with northampton with a small point margin instead we rested on our small village morals and have paid for it ever since by losing the top spot, conceding the title to northampton and hanging on to 2nd with oxford level on points and the pack catching up...

We have gone to be certs to not so sure in the space of 6 weeks....not good

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

If we strengthen in january and added to the squad we would still be up there dogging it out with northampton with a small point margin instead we rested on our small village morals and have paid for it ever since by operating with a smaller squad than we had in December, losing the top spot, conceding the title to northampton and hanging on to 2nd with oxford level on points and the pack catching up while picking up injuries and have pending suspensions due...

We have gone from certs to not so sure now in the space of 6 weeks....fair mornings work for some but nothing to be positive about.

That's a massive assumption but also quite funny.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 4:01 pm

Didn't realise that small villages had morals at all. Some of the ones around here certainly don't.

Shagtown! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 6:22 pm

for the you tube watcher

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Just read elsewhere that 87 points may be required now ?. It seems to go up daily..
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I think thats six times this season there have been over ten thousand at Home Park, yet we can only find six subs! any of the few remaining who dont think that Brent is a shocking owner care to explain? #promotionmyarse.

Yet there are still deluded fuckwits who think he is a saviour and a hero

Like f... is he.

The day he finally decides to call it a day, then that will be a day to rejoice.

Perhaps he could cough up some dosh in the meantime and help DA get one or two experienced players in and go the full hog and see Argyle promoted. Wishful thinking though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

And which player scored the goals to keep us in the top three post Crimbo? His name is Ryan Brunt and he's injured for the rest of the season.

Yep, time for Reid to step up....which, by all accounts, he did yesterday and was very unlucky not to get his goal. Hopefully he puts that right next week.

Oh FFS! Reid has not been bought in to replace Brunt he's been here all season but he's been injured, his lack of goals and warming the bench show he's not on his game, let's hope he comes good and doesn't break down again from being forced into playing too much too soon coming off injury again. If that happens even you will have to admit we will be down to praying and wishing for luck.
Boateng gone not replaced.
Brunt out for rest of season, not replaced.
Go check the stats and work it out for yourself I'm fed up with arguing with people that don't want to admit some basic facts, it's getting tiring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

That's a massive assumption but also quite funny.

no more an assumption than say we will go up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Wtf is small village morals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 11:44 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

And which player scored the goals to keep us in the top three post Crimbo? His name is Ryan Brunt and he's injured for the rest of the season.

Yep, time for Reid to step up....which, by all accounts, he did yesterday and was very unlucky not to get his goal. Hopefully he puts that right next week.

Oh FFS! Reid has not been bought in to replace Brunt he's been here all season but he's been injured, his lack of goals and warming the bench show he's not on his game, let's hope he comes good and doesn't break down again from being forced into playing too much too soon coming off injury again. If that happens even you will have to admit we will be down to praying and wishing for luck.
Go check the stats and work it out for yourself I'm fed up with arguing with people that don't want to admit some basic facts, it's getting tiring.

Pretty sure I'm up on the stats - quoted most of them throughout this thread.

I am concerned about our injury list and would very much like to see some cover come in immediately....but I'm not yet in a panic when I look at the league table and the form table. Simply because you think everyone should be won't make it so. If we miss out on promotion, I'll hold my hands up and say we were doomed due to the January transfer window.

As for Reid, seems pretty reasonable to hope that with one in-form striker lost to injury our first choice striker finds his shooting boots again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 10:28 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Pretty sure I'm up on the stats - quoted most of them throughout this thread.

I am concerned about our injury list and would very much like to see some cover come in immediately....but I'm not yet in a panic when I look at the league table and the form table. Simply because you think everyone should be won't make it so. If we miss out on promotion, I'll hold my hands up and say we were doomed due to the January transfer window.

As for Reid, seems pretty reasonable to hope that with one in-form striker lost to injury our first choice striker finds his shooting boots again.

Inactivity in Jan has cost us top spot, other teams around us strengthened and have reaped the rewards, I think we can call that fact.
January is over lets concentrate on now.
I'm more worried not only about the present lack of activity but the amount of excuses for it by the fan base. If we don't replace our goal scorers and best defenders not only will we lose our third placed spot but lose in the playoffs. We can't just hope Reid will come good.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 11:15 am

That looks like all we have and for what it is worth I think Reid will come good. It's what we do if Reid gets crocked that worries me. We're down to a front two from Nardiello, Jervis and Harvey then.

Rather more puzzling than the Reid situation is the Boateng one. If we want him back, and all the signs are that we do, then we are admitting that midfield needs strengthening.

Boateng, good though he certainly was/is, is not the only player who would strengthen it so why not go out and get a different "Boateng" from somewhere else?

The same goes for Forster. His arrival proves that Adams thinks we need options at RB/CB. That need has not altered because of his injury.

Now Hartley is out. No McHugh means Sawyer will have to fill in for him meaning Purrington will have to fill in for Sawyer. What if one of them gets injured or suspended? Or Nelson or Mellor? Who fills in then?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 11:31 am

Careful or well have another convo like this.
Tony, Throbber ect, OH FFS Franny stop being so negative and talk about the football.
Franny, I am talking about football.
TTe, Yes but not that kind of football talk the kind where we just concentrate on the good bits.
Franny, I'm just trying to be realistic.
TTe, Rubbish you have an agenda, you've had an agenda all season why do have to mention Brent in every post?
Franny, Er I haven't mentioned Brent.
TTe, Yeh but you want to.
The avivas then slope off to have a wank over a copy of the December league table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
That looks like all we have and for what it is worth I think Reid will come good. It's what we do if Reid gets crocked that worries me. We're down to a front two from Nardiello, Jervis and Harvey then.

Rather more puzzling than the Reid situation is the Boateng one. If we want him back, and all the signs are that we do, then we are admitting that midfield needs strengthening.

Boateng, good though he certainly was/is, is not the only player who would strengthen it so why not go out and get a different "Boateng" from somewhere else?

The same goes for Forster. His arrival proves that Adams thinks we need options at RB/CB. That need has not altered because of his injury.

Now Hartley is out. No McHugh means Sawyer will have to fill in for him meaning Purrington will have to fill in for Sawyer. What if one of them gets injured or suspended? Or Nelson or Mellor? Who fills in then?

Agree re: Reid. Of course, given his injury history, there is a good chance he gets crocked again.

Is there news yet on Hartley's injury? It's starting to smack of a full-blown injury crisis again and loans need to happen this week.

The Boateng situation is puzzling....if he's still waiting for him, it seems pretty counter-productive at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5