Les Miserable
Punchdrunk
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Maybe if we lose out on promotion... Empty
PostSubject: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:14 pm

Those who have failed to see the bad side in Brent will finally after 5 years turn against him forcing him to go (a la Macaulay) , I know it sounds shite but you have to speculate see the best in a bad situation, every grey cloud has a silver lining and all that.
Maybe if we feck this up it could be the straw that broke the camels back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:17 pm

wont happen sadly, they will make up more excuses blaming everything else to save him. del bhey too.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Nah, the sheep will go for the throat of Adams.....he's been magnificently backed and all that Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:22 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Those who have failed to see the bad side in Brent will finally after 5 years turn against him forcing him to go (a la Macaulay) , I know it sounds shite but you have to speculate see the best in a bad situation, every grey cloud has a silver lining and all that.
I think your under estimating how simple a lot of the Argyle villagers are, we could have a ten year fourth division nightmare under Jimmy, and they would still think he's great.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:34 pm

Far too many "Eeeeeee saved us" and "at least we still have a club to support" types. We'll be struggling, bucket rattling, tent dwelling, janner song singing 4th division shit as long as brent remains.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:43 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
I think your under estimating how simple a lot of the Argyle villagers are, we could have a ten year fourth division nightmare under Jimmy, and they would still think he's great.
What qualifies you to call people simple? What have you achieved in life that makes you so wonderful? Everyone has a view which may or may not be the same as yours and if their view is different it doesn't make them simple. Get off your high horse.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:52 pm

tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
What qualifies you to call people simple? What have you achieved in life that makes you so wonderful? Everyone has a view which may or may not be the same as yours and if their view is different it doesn't make them simple. Get off your high horse.

He's right though tone, Westcountrymen have been renowned throughout the centuries for being strong of arm and soft of head, of course there are exceptions to the rule. Do you think GreenJim would've had such an easy ride at any other big city club geek
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Freathy wrote:
Far too many "Eeeeeee saved us"  and "at least we still have a club to support" types.  We'll be struggling, bucket rattling, tent dwelling, janner song singing 4th division shit as long as brent remains.

Eeeeeeee saved Argyle, but in the process he must be feathering his own nest despite the Grandstand shenanigans.

I still believe that Argyle will go up, probably in third spot now and it will be tight come the end of the season. If not, I can just see a Pompey Vs Argyle Play-off final at Wembley, i really can. My nerves would be shot to f... in that event.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:21 pm

Brent is using the playing budget to pay the admin debt as he's as skint as any Plymouth student.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:31 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Far too many "Eeeeeee saved us"  and "at least we still have a club to support" types.  We'll be struggling, bucket rattling, tent dwelling, janner song singing 4th division shit as long as brent remains.

Eeeeeeee saved Argyle, but in the process he must be feathering his own nest despite the Grandstand shenanigans.

I still believe that Argyle will go up, probably in third spot now and it will be tight come the end of the season. If not, I can just see a Pompey Vs Argyle Play-off final at Wembley, i really can. My nerves would be shot to f... in that event.

Really ? I have to say watching tonights game whilst wanting us to win i didnt really give a toss that we lost.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:44 pm

Elias wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Really ? I have to say watching tonights game whilst wanting us to win i didnt really give a toss that we lost.

Just trying to be slightly optimistic I suppose, a very rare thing for me.

I want Argyle to get out of this dog shite league this season, if it is in third place so be it. It is still in the hands of Argyle to achieve the above. If they fail, then Brent must shoulder all of the blame.

I bet the teams currently below Argyle would love to be in the position Argyle are in.

Just had a look at the fixtures Accy have left to play, some tough ones in there.

next four games for Accy are :-

AFC (a)
Portsmouth (h)
Argyle (h)
Wycombe (h)

Should Accy lose all four, that will be a major dent for them, but good for Argyle and Oxford, should these two pick up points.

I think the likes of Pompey, the Gas, Leyton, AFC, Wycombe, Carlisle and Mansfield will have to much ground to make up to sneak a promotion spot.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see on Pasoti they reckon a loanee will be in by Saturday.

My arse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

My arse

1 in lol we need 3 minimum and i would say more but there is a limit on loan signings believe it or not but our squad is threadbare....

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:11 am

Les Miserable wrote:
tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

He's right though tone, Westcountrymen have been renowned throughout the centuries for being strong of arm and soft of head, of course there are exceptions to the rule. Do you think GreenJim would've had such an easy ride at any other big city club geek

Green Jim bought his jamboys and they have established the bucket rattling/ ee saved us culture.

It's all very sad and village but so predictable.

Where's the lighthouse to ?  laugh
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:38 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

My arse
If your arse can score goals then that'll do nicely Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 6:27 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

No, it will be the Janner public's fault for not supporting their football club even though we'll have an average attendance in the top 3.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 7:18 am

The reluctant one is a user and his jamboys, his Aviva shield providers.

There will be no honesty, no vision and no progress for the club while this unhealthy alliance is in place.

We've moved from the joke that was , 'Run by fans, for fans', to 'Run by users for Avivas'.

How any thinking soul can go anywhere near the place is beyond me.

It stinks.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 8:21 am

If If we go up in third place, so be it.
This club, this team,the long suffering fans need some kind of achievement to justify the whole point of being Argyle.
Sadly though,the excitement of promotion is tempered by the likely reality that we will struggle next season, under Brents lack of personal or financial ambition.
Such a small squad, one senior goalie to gain promotion and maintain success does not match.
This club will not ultimately succeed under a man who prides himself on being a "reluctant bidder "
BRENT OUT!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:02 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

This was my thoughts before the start of the season - it could be a record crowd for a 4th div final, but our nerves will be shot for sure!! Really need to up the anti now and straggle in third if needs be!!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:38 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

Incredible that on Freechat the vast majority are still blowing smoke up Brents arse this morning or maybe they just like to rant against me !!
At least they've had to stop the taunts of you buy the club now that Harry Potter has revealed multiple offers from wealthy people are declined because not in the best interests of the club (my ass !!)
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:44 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Incredible that on Freechat the vast majority are still blowing smoke up Brents arse this morning or maybe they just like to rant against me !!
At least they've had to stop the taunts of you buy the club now that Harry Potter has revealed multiple offers from wealthy people are declined because not in the best interests of the club (my ass !!)

I actually think last night brought it home to a few of them but your'e right about some of the others who refuse to take their heads out of the sand.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 10:07 am

Les Miserable wrote:
tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Sad but true.

PS. Of course I'm one of the few exceptions to the rule, strong of arm and head. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 10:28 am

If we have learnt anything over the years about janners and the misfortune of our club is the shit has to really hit the fan before they even attempt to do anything about by that time its always too late.

Their love of Brent is no different. 2 managers good enough to get us out of this league yet couldnt because he refused to back them to the point they can have a squad fit for 2016 not 1962 ie 11 players

Last edited by Angry on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 1:01 pm

Deleted due to technology incompetence

Last edited by Innocent Egbunike on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 1:06 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

That would be a great day out though - and I'd take it over automatic if I could be guaranteed we'd win (5-4 on penalties). I still think we'll take 3rd - the chasing pack is too inconsistent.

For those hoping us staying down will speed Brent's exit, think again. He is going nowhere until he can cash in. Best chance of Brexit, as it were, is promotion.

Freathy - maybe time to turn some of that negative energy into a positive. Think of it as short term pain for long term gain!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe if we lose out on promotion...   Maybe if we lose out on promotion... Empty

Back to top Go down

Maybe if we lose out on promotion...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next