VillageGreen
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:29 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Cruciate ligament for Brunt. Broken jaw Forster.

Sounds more like a car crash than a football match. We need a Darren Purse type figure in, well the Darren Purse that was before our club president started shagging his wife and he put in a transfer request.

A question - Did Argyle peak too soon when they were riding high at the top, with certain players scoring at will, with some managers praising Argyle.

They need to rediscover that early season form to be honest and put some distance between third and fourth spot. Past injuries did not help matters and the current injuries will certainly not help one iota. Perhaps it may be time for certain players to pull up those socks and get stuck in, winning promotion asap.

Tonight was a set back, make no mistake about that. Argyle will need to be on the ball for the Saturday visit of Oxford. I expect a decent sized crowd to be in Home Park and I hope the right Argyle turn up. If not, boos will surely echo around the ground at full-time.

I have just been reading elsewhere that 80 points could be enough to seal promotion for Argyle.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:17 am

Just jumped out of bed 07.15 my time thinking we'll have got a draw at least FFS as I check results
Freathy you are right I'm sad to say.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:56 am

Not sure that was too bad a night for you mugs, nobody made up real ground from the chasing pack, Accy going down was a big plus as that keeps it in your own hands, yours to lose so to speak.

The score from Barnet certainly brightened up my evening as did us nicking a point from Pompey, not that we are going to do owt but I have family down there and taking 5 points off them makes a visit far more pleasurable.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 1:07 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Cruciate ligament for Brunt. Broken jaw Forster.

Sounds more like a car crash than a football match. We need a Darren Purse type figure in, well the Darren Purse that was before our club president started shagging his wife and he put in a transfer request.

That same bloke was spouting the benefits of unity during commentary this evening.

Can you even begin to imagine anything more divisive?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 4:51 am

We be lucky to make the play off's on this toothless performance,
turn the radio off when the wife snatcher came on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 6:30 am

Abroad and tuned in to listen at midnight local time. Depressing, exacerbated by having Chris Webb's mundane co-commentary.

We are now where I think we'll end up in the league and if it transpires, would have snapped your arm off for it at the season's start, with a new manager taking over an average squad. Next two games potentially season-defining now though.

Lack of January investment certainly appears a factor following what happened last night. Need some loans in quick.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 7:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Photo 67...how can they applaud !!??

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:58 am

What a feckin' horlicks we're making of this now, two awful injuries by the sound of it too. Listening to the game was so depressing, not helped by the commentary. Confidence against a flying Oxford will not be good, on the pitch or in the stands, and injuries and suspensions now threaten to decimate an already thin squad. We need to hang on to 3rd by hook or crook because if we fall into the playoffs we won't go up IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 10:08 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
We need to hang on to 3rd by hook or crook because if we fall into the playoffs we won't go up IMO.
Agree with you on this.
I think we will just about hang on to 3rd spot.
But finishing in the playoffs will finish us off for the season.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Photo 67...how can they applaud !!??

Rolling Eyes

69 I think yoou mean if its the fans appaluding...

sheep punchy they are mere sheep who are just happy to piss away literally hundreads of pounds travelling to and from barnet to watch us cave in like a blancmange
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 11:53 am

Forster really did smack that hoarding, due to sliding in trying to chase a crap pass. I was sat behind the dugout and Martin Allen twice asked for the stretcher to go out and twice it was delayed. Didn't seem to be any reason for the delay in treatment. 14 mins added time was ridiculous.

How we couldn't even get one was beyond me given the chances we had.

Slightly head-scratching really and although Barnet's goal was well worked, it only came because Mellor tripped over the ball during our advance which they then pounced upon and hit us on the counter. They were no better than us really and I lost count the amount of times Brewster and Adams had to shout at Reid to stay up front....why does he need telling?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Tgwu wrote:
We be lucky to make the play off's on this toothless performance,
turn the radio off when the wife snatcher came on.

Seriously Webb was commentating after the disgraceful way he turked a Players wife and his role in the Sheridan Parody Twitter account....??
Shorley but Shirley nobody would touch him with a bargepole ?? I was told he had Emigrated to Luxembourg obviously that was a bum steer as well affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnet v Plymouth Argyle match day thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5