Sir Francis Drake
Lord Tisdale
Mock Cuncher
mouldyoldgoat
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Brexit
Leave
Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap71%Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 71% [ 36 ]
Remain
Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 51

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 9:42 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Time to go for me, while we still have a country.

That's the spirit Suffers, which way did you vote in '75.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
About a tenner? Sounds as if you are flogging dodgy Oyster cards down Dagenham market to your Britain First mates.

You spout stats as if they are magic and then question everyone else's.  

The cost of production of passports was the subject of a recent FOI request, the details are in the public domain, I can't help it that I have both the intelligence and inclination to find things out whereas some of you would seem to have difficulty finding your own arse using  both hands.

In the public domain. Where?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

FFS!!! I was 15 and only interested in Beaver drinking football and religeous studies!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:13 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

FFS!!! I was 15 and only interested in Beaver drinking football and religeous studies!

My apologies, I just assume that anyone who posts on this kind of site must be as old as me.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
About a tenner? Sounds as if you are flogging dodgy Oyster cards down Dagenham market to your Britain First mates.

You spout stats as if they are magic and then question everyone else's.  

The cost of production of passports was the subject of a recent FOI request, the details are in the public domain, I can't help it that I have both the intelligence and inclination to find things out whereas some of you would seem to have difficulty finding your own arse using  both hands.

In the public domain. Where?

Dick by name, dick by nature isn't it,

Just fecking Google it you moron, it will be on the Gov site with all the other FOI requests, second thoughts don't bother, just sit back and carry on being a clueless tw@.

Just a shame that so many people choose to continue being ignorant in an age when it is so easy to find things out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:50 pm

lol! The stay vote in a nutshell, if it wasn't in a newspaper then it's a lie. Well stay in because people are scared of change, even though the world we live in has changed immeasurably since joining Europe and will continue to change whether we are in or out. I just don't get the idea that a really big parliament in Europe is better at making decisions for us than our group of arguing fuckwits. In fact a good case in point at this very moment Cameron is pouncing around Brussels instead of making the sure the roads, railways and hospitals work over here which is the job he's paid for. Too much government by far.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:52 am

Out.

The fear is that we'll have a second referendum further down the line.

That's what happened to the Irish with sweeties being thrown their way to entice them to stay in.

If we go then the EU project will collapse sooner or later.

The corporates want to stay which is a good enough reason to want to leave.

Small is beautiful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 10:33 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

A year off being born FFS!

I reckon Bozza will declare for remain imminently, his grandstanding earlier in the week was little but a mixture of cowardice and cunning with 2019 prize in mind. He's pro-Europe anyway and won't want his ambitions tarred with the usual nutters, also rans and electoral failures that are speaking up for Brexit.

Like Rollo says, hopefully our exit will lead to whole self satisfied, undemocratic and money wasting shit mound that is the EU collapses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 11:07 am

I reckon Boris is anti eu, he says he is and he does talk for the city, the bankers don't like the eu cos it will reign them in more than the Tories will, the perception that all business wants to stay in Europe is just that a perception. Most of our exports are from farmers not manufacturers.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 11:23 am

All this smoke and mirrors negotiations that Cameron is doing it totally pointless.

The main thing is that the EU are in favour of Turkey joining the club and that will be enough to get the UK and other countries seriously questioning if they want to be in such an organization.

Facts on Turkey,

1.....They have a population of 75 million (EU at present 500 million)

2.....They are a Muslim country.

3.....only 3% of Turkey is in Europe....so 97% in Asia.

4.....8% of the population have a favourable opinion of ISIS (source Pew Research Center)

5.....$1 billion worth of market oil sales has been bought by Turkey to date from ISIS terrorists (research paper: Turkey-ISIS Oil trade).

Cameron said.....I still want Turkey to join the EU despite migrant fears.

Merkel said.....Germany could accelerate the path to visa free travel to the EU to Turks and push forward EU membership talks.

Would you feel safe with Turkey in the EU.......definately not for me ...so it is time for us to get out and run our own country and secure our own borders.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 11:26 am

It matters not what "concessions" are wrung from the EU, this vote will be made on emotional issues and potentially a very damaging split along generational lines. As a 22 yo in 1975 I voted to stay in with all the optimism of youth, with the cold war still raging it seemed a no brainer. 40 years of life experience on, my view has changed but I accept a great measure of that is becoming a grumpy, cynical old bastard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
I reckon Boris is anti eu, he says he is and he does talk for the city, the bankers don't like the eu cos it will reign them in more than the Tories will, the perception that all business wants to stay in Europe is just that a perception. Most of our exports are from farmers not manufacturers.

Boris is pro-Boris, he'll come for whichever side suits his ambitions. Hence his grandstanding earlier in the week. He'll back the winning horse, which is almost certainly going to be remain.

The odds don't seem to have changed at all with bets split down the middle. Should the UK vote Brexit the bookies will be absolutely rinsed.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
It matters not what "concessions" are wrung from the EU, this vote will be made on emotional issues and potentially a very damaging split along generational lines. As a 22 yo in 1975 I voted to stay in with all the optimism of youth, with the cold war still raging it seemed a no brainer. 40 years of life experience on, my view has changed but I accept a great measure of that is becoming a grumpy, cynical old bastard.

You are very much on the money Chas, except that rather than being a "cynical old bastard" you have simply gained wisdom, I voted out in '75 as a 19 year old, I have seen nothing over the last 41 years to make me change my mind.

Churchill was right, Europe does need it's nations tied closer together, we should applaud that, but from the outside. "With Europe, but not part of it".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Intermission. Act IV starts in 15 minutes. Please do not leave your bags unattended.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 5:46 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

I'm not sure back then, would probably have voted for it like everybody else did. No chance of me voting for it now.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:19 am

Finally made up my mind, OUT, if you are a Westcountryman keep the French and Spanish fishermen out of our waters. Can also have a sensible milk marketing policy.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Looks like a comfortable vote to Leave, unfortunately I rather suspect the demographic on here might be somewhat skewed, old, male feckers being more naturally predisposed to Brexit.

June 23rd is D-Day so we best settle in for four months of utter bullsh1t, the biggest problem is that the Leavers have no face, Nigey can't be it for obvious reason, Kate Hoey is too much of a lefty, Bojo still hasn't come out and is Marmite anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 1:07 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Finally made up my mind, OUT,  if you are a Westcountryman keep the French and Spanish fishermen out of our waters. Can also have a sensible milk marketing policy.

That is good PP, now are you prepared to get out there and campaign?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 1:38 pm

I'm with Frank.

Why pull out? What is really that wrong with the EU?

We have control of our borders. A lot of good directives etc.

If you look into it, it's the UK goverment that has a choice on whether to implement something.

Take the smoking ban for instance, it's the UK government that chose to implement a full ban.

Only two German states have implemented it and even here in NRW, companies can have smoking rooms if they wish to.

I really can't see how we would be better off by not remaining in the EU.

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 1:40 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Finally made up my mind, OUT,  if you are a Westcountryman keep the French and Spanish fishermen out of our waters. .

How are you going to do that Pete? Send the RN out in one of their remaining rowing boats?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 2:15 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Well £11 billion a year in membership fees just to start with.

Maybe we could do something about the £80 billion a year trade deficit.

We would actually be able to stop the million rapefugess currently serving their time until EU citizenship from coming here.

The ability to vote out the people who might impose TTIP upon us.

Maybe do a little fishing off our own coasts without getting fined.

Not having to bail out Greece or Deutsche Bank would be nice.

Perhaps the odd free trade agreement with the likes of the US, Japan, Canada, Australia, the EU has negotiated just one in 60 years, Korea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Will the two million polish workers be allowed to vote? I bet they will. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Finally made up my mind, OUT,  if you are a Westcountryman keep the French and Spanish fishermen out of our waters. Can also have a sensible milk marketing policy.

That is good PP, now are you prepared to get out there and campaign?

Which, of course, is why you made your reappearance on this illustrious forum, you schmoozer, you. Nooly would be proud of your Wor record.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 3:44 pm

I'm torn but it's probably out for me as well. In theory the EU is a good idea, but in practice it is undemocratic, bureaucratic and increasingly in the thrall of corporate vampires (read about the horrendous TTIP/ISDS thing). Of course you could say the same about our own government, but at least we have some hope of one day removing those f**kers.

Cameron's 'negotiations' are a smoke screen. The 'red tape' he is cutting is largely to stop regulation of his buddies in the financial services sector (remind me what happened recently that might have generate a need to regulate banks)? The stuff about migrant workers isn't going to solve the issues that large scale migration has caused and won't even reduce the welfare costs of immigration much anyway (which is pretty minimal in the large scale of things anyway).

The majority of the media,political class and business hierarchy will be pushing for an in vote. They had a narrow escape for the Scottish referendum and I reckon they won't be as lucky this time. Expect it to get dirty if the Out vote stays ahead in the polls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 3:45 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Well £11 billion a year in membership fees just to start with.

Don't we get some of that back?

Maybe we could do something about the £80 billion a year trade deficit.

Best we start making something to sell then.

We would actually be able to stop the million rapefugess currently serving their time until EU citizenship from coming here.

We can stop them now! We control our borders. How many refugees have actually entered the UK? I assume you are referencing Turkey? It won't happen.

The ability to vote out the people who might impose TTIP upon us.

Might but I very much doubt it. German people for one would not accept it (therefore the German goverment wouldn't). You should focus your efforts here and force change from within.

Maybe do a little fishing off our own coasts without getting fined.

Pity we don't eat half the fish ourselves. Most of the shellfish goes to France and Spain. Anyhow, less fishing is good for the depleting fish stocks.

Not having to bail out Greece or Deutsche Bank would be nice.

Who will bail us out when it all goes pear shaped after the exit?

Perhaps the odd free trade agreement with the likes of the US, Japan, Canada, Australia, the EU has negotiated just one in 60 years, Korea.

How about TTIP?

Better the devil you know, so better to stay in.

Do you really trust people like Farage or Johnson to get things right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brexit - Leave or Remain poll
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next