Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fry quits Twitter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Fry quits Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Fry quits Twitter   Fry quits Twitter EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:18 am

More evidence of the downward trajectory of social media. Why anyone would want to use Twitter, I have no idea. Publicity and public profile I suppose. Forums aren't far behind in their fall from favour. Maybe Fry has detected the lie of the land and how many are leaving the Twitter thing.

Fry wrote:
I have not slammed the door on Twitter but the site has become a "stalking ground for the sanctimoniously self-righteous"
People need to "grieve" for what Twitter has become. I like to believe I haven't slammed the door, much less stalked off in a huff throwing my toys out of the pram as I go or however one should phrase it.
It's quite simple really: the room has started to smell. Really quite bad.

His Frankness will like the sanctimonious comment. Razz  Could apply to every internet media user in the country.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Fry quits Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fry quits Twitter   Fry quits Twitter EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 3:47 pm

Fry is a boring, obnoxious, gobby, tw@, I am quite surprised he has never registered on here.
Back to top Go down

Fry quits Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fry quits Twitter   Fry quits Twitter EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Wasn't twitter invented with journos in mind for the instant tweet of a world event? Instead it has been taken over by the famous and wannabe famous, Hi Chris, Hi Ian, Hi PM, so that we can tell when someone has been to Costas or not as the case may be. Facebook is the same I use it to keep in touch with friends and family abroad and it has no equal for ease of use, it's free and it's works (apart from iPad) but I don't want to read a load of soft as shite rubbish that looks like its been stolen off a roadside crash monument.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

Fry quits Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fry quits Twitter   Fry quits Twitter EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Wasn't twitter invented with journos in mind for the instant tweet of a world event? Instead it has been taken over by the famous and wannabe famous, Hi Chris, Hi Ian, Hi PM, so that we can tell when someone has been to Costas or not as the case may be. Facebook is the same I use it to keep in touch with friends and family abroad and it has no equal for ease of use, it's free and it's works (apart from iPad) but I don't want to read a load of soft as shite rubbish that looks like its been stolen off a roadside crash monument.

I'm the same. There's a simple answer though - don't read it. 'Unfollow' and 'See less like this' are your friends.

Twitter has been about inconsequential stuff from the initial brainstorming session - even the inventors admitted that. Clue is in the name, innit. There's still lots of good amongst the bad, and no-one is forcing anyone to follow Kanye or the Kardashians.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fry quits Twitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fry quits Twitter   Fry quits Twitter Empty

Back to top Go down

Fry quits Twitter
Page 1 of 1