+3
Lord Tisdale
AstiSpumante
Les Miserable
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New stand for Exeter. Empty
PostSubject: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 6:47 pm

Made possible by 300 student flats behind the stand, making the population of Exeter about 95% acne ridden. They are saying that work should be completed by 2017! How embarrassing, I wonder whether we should send James and Martyn on a fact finding mission to find out how it's done? popcorn
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 7:03 pm

Will it be a magnificent two-tiered affair?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 7:03 pm

stand is also a carbon copy of the current stand too.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 7:06 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Will it be a magnificent two-tiered affair?

I'm sure the chuckle brothers will be along to enlighten us further in the not too distant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 7:16 pm

Im surprised the current stand is still standing, it looked a bleddy deathtrap last season when me and Bandwagon were wobbling around in it. Electric cables hanging everywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 7:24 pm

www.thestjamesparkdevelopment.com

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 9:12 pm

It's a pretty scabby little affair. I was always for knocking the old one down and putting a small covered terrace down as much of that side as possible and similar on the away end.

This effort is restricted pretty much to the footprint of the old grandstand so hardly beyond half way, but what can you expect from muppets like Tagg and the beardies on the Trust Board?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 9:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
It's a pretty scabby little affair. I was always for knocking the old one down and putting a small covered terrace down as much of that side as possible and similar on the away end.

This effort is restricted pretty much to the footprint of the old grandstand so hardly beyond half way, but what can you expect from muppets like Tagg and the beardies on the Trust Board?
Dont worry Tis, your scabby little affair, will be better than looking at a empty Grandstand covered in ten foot weeds after the Mayflower fails a safety test, and Jimmy's gang claim they cant afford to chop the fookin weeds down!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 10:01 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Dont worry Tis, your scabby little affair, will be better than looking at a empty Grandstand covered in ten foot weeds after the Mayflower fails a safety test, and Jimmy's gang claim they cant afford to chop the fookin weeds down!

Plenty of life left in the old Mayflower, just between you and me I love old stands like that, just a shame the terrace in front can't be put back into good order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Plenty of life left in the old Mayflower, just between you and me I love old stands like that, just a shame the terrace in front can't be put back into good order.

it could still be used now with bit of maintenance obviously. reason why its empty now is due to us putting in temp seats when we were in the championship and under the laws we couldn't convert it back after the 2-3 seasons we were allowed temp eats. shame really
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Made possible by 300 student flats behind the stand, making the population of Exeter about 95% acne ridden.

Can they be any worse than the Jonathan Creek look alikes that slouch around Plymuff?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Made possible by 300 student flats behind the stand, making the population of Exeter about 95% acne ridden.

Can they be any worse than the Jonathan Creek look alikes that slouch around Plymuff?

Astonishing isn't it that Plymouth Poly could become such a huge home for so many useless kids who will never get a proper job?

30K+ of worthless 2/2s paid for by the taxpayer cos none of them will ever pay back their so called student loans, just a Labour trick to massage the actual levels of unemployment which the Tories have to keep going as the media storm if the real unemployment figures ever became public knowledge would be something to behold.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 6:12 pm

I'm no particular fan of students and their know-it-all attitude problems but they must shorely benefit the economy in that area of the city, re, bars, fast food dives and slum landlords.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 6:26 pm

£££'S indeed they do cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I'm no particular fan of students and their know-it-all attitude problems but they must shorely benefit the economy in that area of the city, re, bars, fast food dives and slum landlords.

If it weren't for students, pafc.co.uk and the plymouth herald newspaper wouldnt have anyone working for them and posting all kinds of shit they find on social mediasites for little or no money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Not aimed at you Les, as I like your swim on things, but in my experience, everyone on the planet has a know-it-all attitude. If anything, students are slightly more circumspect than most when gobbing off. Their landlords, however, are mostly boorish selfish bigots who are only interested in their financial return, with no interest in the locale whatsoever.
As to the local economy argument, that would apply to every living human on the planet who is lucky enough to have disposable income.

On the whole, I like students, and find the normal football fan view on them quite distasteful. Students are too young to hold grudge, unlike many of their landlords, who are these days many of the buy to rent bunch who haven't a clue or a care.
People living in short tenancy homes owned by absentee souls that have no interest in the area whatsoever apart from how much they can return on the property, is a big social problem. It's a relationship as old as the hills, and has nothing to recommend it, apart from the local landlord will spend his income in the locality. The present London etc big boys building huge blocks will not help the economy as much of that money will now just siphon out of the area to wherever these big companies are situated and taxed. Bad planning, bad culture, bad result.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Not aimed at you Les, as I like your swim on things, but in my experience, everyone on the planet has a know-it-all attitude. If anything, students are slightly more circumspect than most when gobbing off. Their landlords, however, are mostly boorish selfish bigots who are only interested in their financial return, with no interest in the locale whatsoever.
As to the local economy argument, that would apply to every living human on the planet who is lucky enough to have disposable income.

On the whole, I like students, and find the normal football fan view on them quite distasteful. Students are too young to hold grudge, unlike many of their landlords, who are these days many of the buy to rent bunch who haven't a clue or a care.
People living in short tenancy homes owned by absentee souls that have no interest in the area whatsoever apart from how much they can return on the property, is a big social problem. It's a relationship as old as the hills, and has nothing to recommend it, apart from the local landlord will spend his income in the locality. The present London etc big boys building huge blocks will not help the economy as much of that money will now just siphon out of the area to wherever these big companies are situated and taxed. Bad planning, bad culture, bad result.

Fair points Lordy, it's probably youngters in general and not just students, I do smile to myself sometimes when earwigging yoof who think they've cracked the meaning of life while barely having experienced the World at large but we were probably all guilty of that in the dim and distant and as you say, many go through life in that mode without adapting or wising up to the fact that nobody knows everything and you're never too old to learn.

Back to the students, no doubt a cash cow for the unscrupulous, although I'm sure there are some genuinely decent landlords out there. Hey ho, the World keeps on turning.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
although I'm sure there are some genuinely decent landlords out there. .

That's bleddy decent of you Mis, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
It's a pretty scabby little affair. I was always for knocking the old one down and putting a small covered terrace down as much of that side as possible.

Looking at the design, future development could see it being extended either side much the same as the west stand at Sandy Park.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
It's a pretty scabby little affair. I was always for knocking the old one down and putting a small covered terrace down as much of that side as possible.

Looking at the design, future development could see it being extended either side much the same as the west stand at Sandy Park.

No room I am afraid, this is a once and forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

No room I am afraid, this is a once and forever.

you could extend whatever you call the cowshed these days though surely?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 4:09 pm

Redevelopment of Exeter City's ground now in doubt

The multi-million pound development of Exeter City's St James' Park stadium has suffered a setback, after the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government has intervened to put a temporary holding order on the scheme.

Just last month city councillors voted eight to two to give planning consent to the scheme, which will see the redevelopment of the club's crumbling grandstand and a huge block of student flats.

Approval promised the replacement of the 1,600 seater Stagecoach stand – scene of Saturday's fire scare – which was already earmarked by health and safety inspectors for closure.

The rebuild would be paid for by a new tower block for 312 students overlooking the ground.

If the scheme is subject to a delay it could have devastating consequences for the football club.

It is thought the Secretary of State was asked to intervene by the St James' Neighbourhood Forum which was concerned at the number of students flats in a neighbourhood in which students already make up 55 per cent of residents.

It was that group which called for the drop in the height of the flats. The forum believes the student build is a setback for "the principles of localism" and neighbourhood planning.

It a statement the club said: "We have been made aware that the St James Forum have approached the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG) asking the Secretary of State to intervene in the planning process for our Stadium Improvements.

"The effect of this action is to stop the City Council confirming our Planning Permission until it has been decided whether the DCLG will take over the responsibility for the decision. We expect to hear within approximately three weeks whether or not this is going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Redevelopment of Exeter City's ground now in doubt

If the scheme is subject to a delay it could have devastating consequences for the football club.

How exactly?

The OG is expensive to maintain and it's only real use is that it has the changing rooms situated in it.

Our average crowd can easily be accomodated in the what we already have, the Bank and the main stand hold nearly 6k, you away dregs can stand in the rain as usual and a few quid could knock up some new changing facilities.

Costly, yes, a pain in the butt, sure enough, but "devastating", to a club with a million pounds in the bank and no debt?

I rather think not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Did it catch fire on Saturday or was it somebody else blowing smoke up somebodies arse?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 1:45 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Did it catch fire on Saturday or was it somebody else blowing smoke up somebodies arse?

Some Carlisle knobber with a smoke bomb or the like, what makes someone travel all that way to be a tw@?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New stand for Exeter.   New stand for Exeter. Empty

Back to top Go down

New stand for Exeter.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next